Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,024,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
He broke a promise he made last year by not accepting public money and has raised over $600,000,000. Spent over 20,000,000 on a commercial ad. He should spread some of that wealth! If the Republicans raised or spent that much it would be taken to the supreme court! There is not much to choose from in this election but I don't care for that hypocrite either. I didn't watch the high priced infomercial.
The ad cost $2, 3 or $4M (Ive seen these three figures; International Business Times, likely not pro-Obama, said "over $3M") - where did you hear $20? I'd look askance at that news source.

When he saw the grassroots possibilities he opted out of restrictive public funding, wouldnt you have? Grassroots funding is better than relying on 527s (and, as McCain has found out, on your own national committee) - isnt it better to have the people involved and invested in your campaign?

He cant "spread some of that wealth," it's not his personal money.

1,465 posts, read 4,050,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
An undecided friend saw the commercial and the TV sound was broken. The friend saw all this POOR stuff on the commercial that oBAMA seemed to showcasing as part of his campaign or the future of the USA, so the friend got scared and is definitely NOT voting for OBAMA.
Too bad the sound on the TV was broken.
Try it with John...you will have nightmares... for the rest of your life.

3,999 posts, read 10,805,064 times
The federal gov't was NOT set up to "solve your problems". It is to provide for common defense and promote (not provide) general welfare. Both parties spend OUR money like drunken sailors and the only difference is what they spend it on. All incumbants should be voted out. The system should not push the average citizen off the political playing field. If you or I wanted to run for high office, it should not be a fantasy laden pipe dream. I am absolutely disgusted with the growing popularity of the "gimme" mindset. If you rely on the gov't to solve your problems, you will be disappointed with the results.
All the beaurocracy, the failed programs that are a bottomless pit of "more money may solve the problem", not letting the free market truly work (the bailouts being a prime example; if a business fails, it fails) lifelong politicians, well-connected lawyers, lobbyists and organizations exerting influence, are destroying our country. Obama and McCain are both "more of the same".
I will hold my nose voting McCain because I believe the pace will be a bit slower to the cliff(check valve for the liberal congress), but I will spend the next four years working towards the elction of candidates that truly promote small gov't, states rights, and follow the constitution as it was intended.

1,094 posts, read 2,961,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't want an empty suited big-government lover running on charisma and a cult of personality to be president.
Um, wasn't it big government that just bailed out Wall Street?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,417,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
It tells me he isn't a Christian or anything the Worships God. Has he even gone to church since he left that Church?

Diane G
Who knows? People like you have picked him apart so much he is probably afraid to.

7,280 posts, read 21,238,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
He broke a promise he made last year by not accepting public money and has raised over $600,000,000. Spent over 20,000,000 on a commercial ad. He should spread some of that wealth! If the Republicans raised or spent that much it would be taken to the supreme court! There is not much to choose from in this election but I don't care for that hypocrite either. I didn't watch the high priced infomercial.
I feel the exact same way. I have better things to do (like cook dinner after bringing my kids to their youth group to have fun) than to watch a WAY over priced commercial to hear him read off a prompter (that someone wrote for him) about things he can not possibly accomplish even if he does win the election. Not that I trust him to do what he says anyway, based on past things that he has said he will do and yet never does. I just plain do not trust the man and that is on gut feeling that started during the democratic party picked a candidate. I do not like the ways he speaks, to slick, smarmy and rehearsed. Slick politicians make me want to barf.

18,335 posts, read 26,366,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Bush isn't up for reelection.
I didn't vote for him either.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM

38,603 posts, read 26,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Did you know that the rich went from
$300,000 to
$250,000 to
$200,000 to
$150,000
with the OB campaign?

So now Biden said that those earning $150,000 and below should not have tax cuts.

Watch out!!!!

Obama's voting record indicates $42,000 to be the real threshhold.

2,865 posts, read 9,338,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
That is it, I have changed my mind, he can save us, I am voting for Obama!!

YES WE CAN!!
I guess his voice hynotized you and you drank the Kool aid.

Diane G

7,730 posts, read 14,105,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Um, wasn't it big government that just bailed out Wall Street?
McCain and Obama both voted for that legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections