Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times

Advertisements

I found Obama to be both inspirational and charismatic. Gov. Richardson (NM) stated "he is a good and decent man" and I echo his sentiments wholeheartedly. I have never been very political prior to this election but I truly believe an Obama presidency will bring the change we need.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I liked it and thought Obama was very professional. He interracts well w/ others and didn't waste his words on bashing his oponent. He came down to many American's levels, something harder for McCain to do when he's not sure how many houses he owns . . . let's see, is that 7 houses and 7 cars? Most of us can't relate to that.

...and if Obama has his way, those who have, won't.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Nah, only the hollyweird left threatens to leave and never does.
You got me there.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:12 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
I liked it and thought Obama was very professional. He interracts well w/ others and didn't waste his words on bashing his oponent. He came down to many American's levels, something harder for McCain to do when he's not sure how many houses he owns . . . let's see, is that 7 houses and 7 cars? Most of us can't relate to that.
I'm sure most of us have a much easier time befriending terrorists. Oh yeah, we can realte to that so much better....

Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,969,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
To be fair, there are people who made bad financial decisions. They bought too much house, took out too much credit, spent more than they earned for years. But there are others who have lost their jobs, seen their wages decrease as prices of food and gas increase. These are the people Obama is talking to.
I completely agree. Not everyone having money issues is there because of jobs going overseas, etc.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Not bashing McCain will very likely give him huge points. People are sick of the bashing on either side.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,126 times
Beautiful!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
My favorite Obama quote is "There is no Liberal America,there is no Conservative America,this is The United States of America!" w/ a true vision to UNITE this country & work towards the future.
SO much better than the other side,who has done nothing but stir up hatred,fear & division in their campaign. Finally after 8 long years,we have some hope for the future, & I for one am DONE letting the fear-mongering,hate-spewing republicans get to me. Time to look to the future!!
I agree. What McCain and his minions don't seem to realize is that the vast majority of Americans are weary to death of the Rovian neo con politics of division. They can mock him for it all they want but Obama's message of unity is winning the hearts and votes of Americans.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Teach people to open a savings account and put aside money for their own future??
How is it expected for people to put up any savings when living from paycheck to paycheck still has them coming up short for the week?

The people below middle class can't get a cent to save because their groceries have nearly doubled in price.... home heating (taxes & fees) causing additional increases.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I went to Food Lion today. I bought the groceries to make breakfast. Grits, eggs, bacon, some cat food for kitty, a pack of drumsticks, a gallon of milk, and a few necessities. I spent $50 and had 4 bags.
Yep, I just left there so I missed the messiahs message, 4 NY strips, 2 1/2 lbs large shrimp platter (football Sunday) gal milk, ice cream, pork shoulder, canned goods, beef gravy, cheese, 12 pot pies, a peach cobbler, 2 bxs cereal, and a little this and little that -21.00 for MVP card $61.94 and that's at least 4 dinners for four and one day of leftovers. I'm not too proud to buy dented cans, if one buys SMART they can save. The same "smart" can apply to almost everything, the "new" curly que light bulbs have saved me about 25% on my electric bill and at 4 bucks a gallon of oil I use almost none anymore except for taking a hot shower or bath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections