U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM

4,508 posts, read 5,317,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Even with a company pension, how is Obama going to help him?
Teach people to open a savings account and put aside money for their own future??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, But I imagine you cried for joy when you heard McCain going around saying, "I want to make everyone wealthy." Too bad those are the words that con artists love to use.
You don't know me. I don't count on the government to ensure my financial security. I just want to keep what I earn.

3,537 posts, read 4,985,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
I cried my eyes out! This man only wants to HELP US! I just pray that is all, I just pray...

Seriously, that is a "cult-like" reaction. Scary!

56,242 posts, read 28,057,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I also teared up when they introuduced the elderly retired gentleman who spoke of losing (what was it,like 2/3 ? ) most of his retirement,he was on the verge of tears himself. I was also sickened by the ex-railroad man having to go to work at Wal Mart to take care of his wife w/ arthritis. These are real people,facing real problems,like many of us.
And yet people continue to vote for more governmental involvement in their life.. You do understand that government caused these individuals problems, not the solution right?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 PM

4,549 posts, read 6,020,471 times
It was inspirational, I have already voted but watched anyway.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,737,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Too bad he only says things the people want to hear, but has the exact opposite in his head!!

AND, it was a complete waist of money.
I'm confused.How do you know what he has in his head?

3,537 posts, read 4,985,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
It was inspirational, I have already voted but watched anyway.
I wanted to keep down my dinner, so I didn't tune into the Obamamercial.

1,649 posts, read 1,530,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This kind of emotional garbage sounds like what people voting for Hitler said in the 1930's.
Oh give me a break. Historical perspective would be a good thing.

I'm really torn between whether I want to smack people for bringing Hitler comparison's into this or to throw a book at them in hopes they'll educate themselves.

As for the commercial, it was well done. I just finished watching it (had to record because real life demanded attention elsewhere) and...it was much better than I expected. It was also depressing as hell but I see why they went that route too. I suspect he'll get a bounce from that.

Quote:
I wanted to keep down my dinner, so I didn't tune into the Obamamercial.
I guess you have a weak constitution because I ate while watching and had no problems. You should see a doctor about your issues. They have meds for that will help.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:03 PM

1,412 posts, read 2,910,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Too bad he only says things the people want to hear, but has the exact opposite in his head!!

AND, it was a complete waist of money.
MindReader:
may be, you could have told us what W had in mind for the economy 8 years ago?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,399,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet people continue to vote for more governmental involvement in their life.. You do understand that government caused these individuals problems, not the solution right?
I think Senator Obama laid out his views effectively...people do not want want government to control their personal lives, and government won't be doing that (unlike under Bush...government HAS been controlling our lives, from foreign affairs, a war no one wants, a collapsing economy, people without affordable healthcare...all of these problems have been dumped on us.)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,229,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, But I imagine you cried for joy when you heard McCain going around saying, "I want to make everyone wealthy." Too bad those are the words that con artists love to use.
Excatly...Telling everyone he can make them rich reminds me of one of those pyramid scheme salesmen from pre-paid legal or quickstar.."My friends I'll make you rich" but they never explain how as McCain hasn't explained anything in detailed. The only details he's spread are lies about Obama.

As for the commercial, it was perfect..My mom called me in tears..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.