Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Amen.

I understand how the McCain supporters feel, really I do. It was totally incomprehensible to me that anyone would vote for G.W.B once, let alone twice.
And, sad to say, all of my fears and concerns have been confirmed and realized.
However, on the bright side, I trusted my instincts about W. and I feel that, based on the last eight years, my instincts are pretty darn good.

So, I am voting for the candidate that I instinctively feel will be the right person for the country right now. He may not be perfect, but, he is not the 'boogey-man.' I am totally, 100% convinced that he is not going to take wing in the night and drain the blood from my grand-babies. Put down the pitchforks folks, it is still America. We are not living in some pseudo-Carpathian mountains movie landscape circa 1875. Despite all recent attempts to the contrary, the constitution still has some checks and balances left in it that will prevent the sort of apocalyptic collapse that some of you are predicting.

As for the spin, did somebody all of sudden give the AP a wakey-wakey pill?
Where have they been? 'Spin' is news now?

Here's a newsflash for ya' - it's a presidential campaign. The biggest sales job in the world. There had better be some spin.

Vote for Change - Obama/Biden 08
Good post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:33 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I have many people over the years ask me why I am so captivated by politics and my response is usually, I can't believe that you aren't.

People will sit for hours watching Survivor, Lost, soap-operas, etc... in search for drama. To me, politics has more drama than anywhere else and in addition it is drama that effects us all. The back stabbing, scandal, the personalities of all the players, the various political philosophies and trains of thought, how they campaign and how they govern.

I think it is in part because it is in slow motion, and events don't just happen one after another as they do in fiction, but when they do come apart they are often monster. So when sitting back thinking, what did this campaign do that this one did not or vice versa, it is interesting to see how the public sentiment reacts to these things. Guess I'm just a junkie and probably need to seek out the Betty Ford Clinic for political intervention, or is that Biden's new charity? (chuckling)
This election and ongoing campaigns - definitely a cliffhanger!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
If I was new to politics and did not understand politicians motives I would find Obama the right answer for our country. But I remember Carter and Clinton promising a lot of great things and that did not happen. Obama is smooth but I am not easily fooled by politicians. And trying to show people having tuff times to win votes does not do much for me. We have had tuff times before and we will have them again.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:57 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
I just think of all of the money spent on this seemingly-never-ending campaign. Think of the thousands of poor people who could have been fed, clothed and sheltered. However, the only people benefiting are the large advertising companies. After this election, I would expect layoffs in the ad business!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM

808 posts, read 1,148,468 times
The 30 minute ad was directed at Independents and undecideds...and it will definitely win many over and cause them to vote for Obama. It was very, very good.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 AM

532 posts, read 908,425 times
I think it was very well done. Boring for decided voters like myself, but maybe it will help one of these flip-flopping voters out there decide.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
The 30 minute ad was directed at Independents and undecideds...and it will definitely win many over and cause them to vote for Obama. It was very, very good.
I am an independant and it did not work for me. But then I have to deal with salesmen in my buisness a lot so I am a very sceptical person. I favor candidates who favor buisnesses. And keep taxes low for companies so they expand and hire. Simple economics.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 14,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I am an independant and it did not work for me. But then I have to deal with salesmen in my buisness a lot so I am a very sceptical person. I favor candidates who favor buisnesses. And keep taxes low for companies so they expand and hire. Simple economics.
Well its not worked has it. They move out of this country going to tha Arab countries who do not have taxes. As a person who deals with sales people you know the sales job sounds the same when its the truth or a snow job. I use my intelligence. Since both need shovels to dig through the BS. I also use the finger pointing as my indicator. Magicians use it, its called misdirection. They point out away from themselves so you do not see the sneakery they are doing...look look ....over there...I know who is doing the most of the ...look over there and you do too. Misdirection is all it is. Its not truth.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM

56 posts, read 109,692 times
What a waste of time and money for the Obama campaign. Remotes were clicking all over the USA to get Obama's ugly puss off of TVs and find something worth watching.

Get a clue DNC, NOBODY WANTS TO SEE OR HEAR OBAMA for a half hour!!!!! We are sick of his lies!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 AM

745 posts, read 1,297,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Amen.

I understand how the McCain supporters feel, really I do. It was totally incomprehensible to me that anyone would vote for G.W.B once, let alone twice.
And, sad to say, all of my fears and concerns have been confirmed and realized.
However, on the bright side, I trusted my instincts about W. and I feel that, based on the last eight years, my instincts are pretty darn good.
It is strange how the tables have turned a bit this election. Repubs complaining about the Dems trying to buy an election.
And all the Repubs who are scared of Obama sound an awful lot like the Dems did in '04.

Last edited by jest721; 10-30-2008 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections