U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM

8,761 posts, read 4,773,808 times
These pretend posts by those who are suddenly coming to such a hard decision after days of tumultuous going back and forth are hilarious. Nobody is buying this and if you are, I have some swamp land to sell you...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 12:01 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
These pretend posts by those who are suddenly coming to such a hard decision after days of tumultuous going back and forth are hilarious. Nobody is buying this and if you are, I have some swamp land to sell you...lol.
Ya think...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 AM

3,478 posts, read 5,508,047 times
I am sorry to inform you that neither candidate is a "new direction".

Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 AM

16,311 posts, read 13,134,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brirea View Post
I still think that Obama is the lesser of two evils but he provides me with the hope that we can start to turn that idea around.
To an extent I agree with you, I'm just barely in the "voted FOR" column. Perhaps it is having watching the current inarticulate fool destroy this country over the last 8 years and the desperation to get off the course he has set, and restore the rights this bastard has taken from every American.

And McCain/Palin are soooooooo far in the "AGAINST" side, an unimaginable disaster for our future as a free nation, Obama remains in the "FOR" column.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM

9,720 posts, read 7,315,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
And didn't George allow bin laden's family to leave the US, despite the fact that at the time, the entire US was a no fly zone?
http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/bushladen.jpg (broken link)

image-bushfordummies

Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 AM

9,720 posts, read 7,315,685 times
And this one is pretty incriminating too.
image-chaos.org

Old 10-30-2008, 06:49 AM

78 posts, read 56,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The saudi royal family is about diplomacy with Saudi Arabia. We do not want a person who has had close associations or friends with hate theologists, unrepentent terrorist, criminals going to prison, and is against Israel as he learned for 20 yrs. in church.
If that's what you want to believe then that's ok. There are unquestionable ties with the Saudi's and terrorism. Ultimately any statement like this is exactly what the opposite side has to say about Obama's ties.

At some point you have to call a spade a spade.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 AM

15,402 posts, read 16,981,428 times
Congratulations on doing research and taking the time you needed to make your decision.

IMO, McCain's big mistake this week is he still speaking to his base, and not addressing the undecided voters. Fear campaigns work best with your base supporters, but undecided voters want to hear why they should vote FOR a candidate, not smears about the other guy.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Congratulations on doing research and taking the time you needed to make your decision.

IMO, McCain's big mistake this week is he still speaking to his base, and not addressing the undecided voters. Fear campaigns work best with your base supporters, but undecided voters want to hear why they should vote FOR a candidate, not smears about the other guy.

And that about hits the nail on the head. I had a long talk yesterday with a McCain supporter that I have a lot of respect for. He understands the issues very well and throws the crap to the side. Throughout the conversation he gave me two reasons to vote for McCain.

1. He's not Obama.
2. McCain doesn't have those association issues.

On my way home I realized that very little is out there telling me what McCain is going to DO right now so I went looking and came up short. There are some things however the negativity and bickering far outdistances these points.

Then I watched the commercial and thought. OK there has to be a few McCain supporters that watched that and realize that telling people what their candidate CAN do is about as good a tactic to fight that as any.

So I went looking. What did I find? More bickering and name calling and .... and....

Well that made up my mind.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I am sorry to inform you that neither candidate is a "new direction".

There's a good possibility of that however for those of us that feel a new direction is what's needed Obama is the best shot there is at that.

I'm voting for the guy. He's not my saviour at all. If he doesn't deliver I'll be one of the first to call him on the mat over it.

Read that again.... I'm just voting for the guy.

I realize that it will take a lot more than one man in office to accomplish what's needed. It will take me, you, and a lot of others. Are you up to the task to do your part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections