U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM

78 posts, read 59,723 times

Advertisements

Thank you to all the people here on the boards. I watched the commercial and then came here to read what people had to say about it. To sum it up.

- well done but he still is friends with Terrorists.....

Well I came to a realization while reading those things. The associations that are claimed to be in place mean NOTHING. This is not because it's my opinion but because that is the path that has been set before him.

George Bush has far closer ties to a known group with clear ties to this day with terrorism. That's the Saudi Royal Family. That was ignored and he was left in place for 8 years. If that's ok then the loose ties that this man has are nothing but a fart compared to what we as a country have done for the Saudi's with GW in office.

I didn't see one McCain supporter talk about how their candidate is good as well. I only see comments designed to tear into confidence and create more fear.

This country needs to move into a new direction but it's more about personal ethics and how you carry yourself. Obama may turn out to be another politician that cannot or willnot complete the promises he makes but he stands for what I believe America needs.

Feel free to respond to this with more twist but with every post you only further my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 PM
LML

7,090 posts, read 5,409,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brirea View Post
Thank you to all the people here on the boards. I watched the commercial and then came here to read what people had to say about it. To sum it up.

Well I came to a realization while reading those things. The associations that are claimed to be in place mean NOTHING. This is not because it's my opinion but because that is the path that has been set before him.

George Bush has far closer ties to a known group with clear ties to this day with terrorism. That's the Saudi Royal Family. That was ignored and he was left in place for 8 years. If that's ok then the loose ties that this man has are nothing but a fart compared to what we as a country have done for the Saudi's with GW in office.

I didn't see one McCain supporter talk about how their candidate is good as well. I only see comments designed to tear into confidence and create more fear.

This country needs to move into a new direction but it's more about personal ethics and how you carry yourself. Obama may turn out to be another politician that cannot or willnot complete the promises he makes but he stands for what I believe America needs.

Feel free to respond to this with more twist but with every post you only further my point.

So glad to welcome you to those of us who are PROUD of our candidate.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM

29,557 posts, read 18,808,891 times

I hope you're in a 'swing' state!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,546,418 times
Welcome home.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM

13,074 posts, read 6,885,559 times
Quote:

You are not a recently decided voter. you have been decided long before this. It is obvious in the words you use and the points you make. Look for another sucker to sell your lemon to.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,546,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You are not a recently decided voter. you have been decided long before this. It is obvious in the words you use and the points you make. Look for another sucker to sell your lemon to.
Sounds like you have been sucking on a lemon.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 PM

18,819 posts, read 8,665,725 times
Quote:

Good post and an excellent point regarding Bush's ties to the Saudi Royals. People either forget or do not know that 19 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi. W and Prince Bandar are as thick as thieves (literally). You know, we all joke about what an idiot Bush is and yet, he has to be laughing a lot harder at what idiots the people are that still buy into his lies and ignore the crimes.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM

9,100 posts, read 12,598,898 times
And didn't George allow bin laden's family to leave the US, despite the fact that at the time, the entire US was a no fly zone?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM

16,310 posts, read 14,784,294 times
An opportunity to vote FOR a candidate instead of AGAINST the lesser of two evils. Obama is not perfect, but he is the first candidate I have voted FOR in a long long time.

Local county races I'm actually voting FOR several of them, a record year for me.

But never fear, I've still got a whole bunch of state races where my vote is cast AGAINST, primarily NC Senate race between Dole/Hagan, and two of the worst possible choices for governor.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 PM

12,212 posts, read 6,374,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
And didn't George allow bin laden's family to leave the US, despite the fact that at the time, the entire US was a no fly zone?

Thats correct. Very close to the Saudi royal family, watched the smoldering Pentagon from the White House with a member of the Saudi government on Sept. 11th. He also is responsible for hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi dead.

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their Repuglican enablers, including the very EARLY and CONTINUED support of John McCain shows you who the REAL terrorists are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections