U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,711,155 times

Advertisements

FT.com / Columnists / John Gapper - Shock: Drudge loses his grip on US media!

Quote:
In principle, the Republicans should appreciate this, for it is a triumph of the market over monopoly control. Or, as the Drudge Report might put it: “MEDIA ATTACK THEMSELVES! ... DEVELOPING.”
http://lonestartimes.com/images/siren.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,267,801 times
Can you recap the story. I'm not going to register so they can sell my email address to spammers.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Can you recap the story. I'm not going to register so they can sell my email address to spammers.
Weird. I didn't have to register.

Anyway, it's a discussion about how Drudge has lost his power in this election while sites like Huffpo have taken off. In fact, HuffPo has almost twice as many unique visitors as Drudge. To me, it's another example of the shifting political winds in this country.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:30 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,267,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Weird. I didn't have to register.

Anyway, it's a discussion about how Drudge has lost his power in this election while sites like Huffpo have taken off. In fact, HuffPo has almost twice as many unique visitors as Drudge. To me, it's another example of the shifting political winds in this country.
Oh, okay, thanks!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 PM

472 posts, read 787,541 times
Maybe that's because Drudge has the same webpage design since 1998! Seriously Matt, ever hear of a CSS template.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 PM

1,691 posts, read 2,198,742 times
I think a lot of the Drudge's loss can be directly linked to the number of stories he's allowed to go up only to turn out to be false. The Drudge Report has turned out to be a joke and that's they're own fault. The upside is that with a little luck more web only 'news' places will be held to the same level of accountability as the MSM.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,715,726 times
No, no! The good news for Republicans is that, even though McCain now feels he must DEFEND ARIZONA by running ROBOCALLS across the state, you can bet his campaign is getting a GOOD DEAL on the phone bank rental.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain Now Running Robocalls Attacking Obama In Home State Of Arizona!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I think a lot of the Drudge's loss can be directly linked to the number of stories he's allowed to go up only to turn out to be false. The Drudge Report has turned out to be a joke and that's they're own fault. The upside is that with a little luck more web only 'news' places will be held to the same level of accountability as the MSM.
He's also got a bad habit of not correcting the misleading stories he promotes.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
No, no! The good news for Republicans is that, even though McCain now feels he must DEFEND ARIZONA by running ROBOCALLS across the state, you can bet his campaign is getting a GOOD DEAL on the phone bank rental.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain Now Running Robocalls Attacking Obama In Home State Of Arizona!
*sigh*

It's already been shown that this tactic alienates Independents. Why is he trying to lose this election?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:47 PM

14,413 posts, read 26,235,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
temporaryinbox.com | temporary disposable email addresses and email forwarding addresses for fighting spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse
It's already been shown that this tactic alienates Independents.
I'm not sure winning over independents was ever the goal of this campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or