Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 01:11 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
http://www.ibzp.net/files/page0_blog_entry62_1.jpg

John McCain rally photo.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I cannot believe the election is so close! Under one week and MAYBE we will have a reasoned Democrat in office! I personally say let's change all leadership in the Congress, replace Pelosi and Reid. I dunno, I'm a faithful Democrat and they're better than any Republican but our party can do such better in our congressional leadership. Hillary for Senate leader! LOL

-----------

"I'm a faithful Democrat "

Does that mean your a loyal lemming?

I ask because the betrayel that Pelosi inflicted upon the Dems in last 2 yrs is unreal. EVERY speech she speaks out against Bush only to than do a 180 and vote with Bush.

Yes you would like her out but in the end if she stays you accept the betrayel as your a "faithful Democrat " and reward anyone with the tittle Dem regardless of how badly they betray you.

Her voting record is that of a Neocon in last 2 yrs. Only lemmings are loyal to a tittle.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:17 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------

I ask because the betrayel that Pelosi inflicted upon the Dems in last 2 yrs is unreal. EVERY speech she speaks out against Bush only to than do a 180 and vote with Bush.

Yes you would like her out but in the end if she stays you accept the betrayel as your a "faithful Democrat " and reward anyone with the tittle Dem regardless of how badly they betray you.

Her voting record is that of a Neocon in last 2 yrs. Only lemmings are loyal to a tittle.
I don't agree with your vote choice, but I understand why you did it. And I agree 100% with everything you said here. Job, well done.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:24 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
WOW... I am speechless...

Old 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------

You wouldn't need to ask if you'd read Before you respond.

~Sheesh

Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You wouldn't need to ask if you'd read Before you respond.

~Sheesh

I did read her post and stand by my question. Perhaps you should read it again. She saids they are better than most Reps yet Pelosi has same voting record as most reps (speeches I don't count).

Pelosi has no convictions and easily betrays her supporters because of the lemming "faithful voters".

It is because of lemming support that BOTH parties feel confident in betraying voters as they know the lemmings will in the end over loook constant betrayel and reward them with reelection.

I know you support Nancy but take a good look at her voting record last 2 yrs you would think she was Dick Cheney with hair. Yes, you subscribe to rewarding her for it because of her tittle "democrat" which is sad.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in the way - nothing can stand in the way of the Power of Millions of Voices calling for Change. -
Senator Obama

Vote

LOLOLOLOLOL Thanks for that laugh. You meant to say that nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of dollars calling for Obama.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
I'm reminded of something that I truly believe in.

"Be careful for what you wish for, as you might get it".
Yeah, but there is always the issue of:

"Always point the finger at someone else"

Then again, that always leads to:

"Remember, while one finger may be pointing at another, 3 others are pointing back to yourself."

*chuckle*

Old 10-31-2008, 05:09 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,076 times
You shall believe and follow the party line or we will crush you. Honestly, after following the last eleven presidential elections through both tough times and good, this election of 2008 not only has been the most expensive, but also the most disturbing by being filled with a phenomenal amount of empty rhetoric and unrealistic promises being fed to an electorate who out of frustration will believe anything. I'm not really happy with any of our choices come Tuesday, but it is all too obvious that an emotional backlash against the incumbancy dominates. Whatever the outcome we ultimately all will have to live the outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections