U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,228 posts, read 10,931,782 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Hilarious!

So now we're making adding to our political opinions by how well someone does on a prank phone call!

Love it!

Does the left ever take an objectionable step back and say:

Why don't the democratic candidates get prank phone calls form radio stations?

What do the rich, democratic candidates spend on their clothes?

Why don't the men running for office get questions about how to be fathers and Presidents or Vice Presidents at the same time?

Why don't we know what Joe Biden does or doesn't read?

I mean, love her or hate her, I can't understand why seemingly intelligent Americans can not see the gross double-standards being levied against GOP ticket.

But whatever, maybe Candid Camera will run some prank on McCain and change my opinion of him.
Is Candid Camera still on TV? I thought getting punk'd was the new thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,228 posts, read 10,931,782 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
There's more of that right-wing sewage!

You've really opened my eyes here, OP!
Yes, the nerve of people attacking those poor sled dogs. Animal cruelty I tell ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
 
13,074 posts, read 6,633,126 times
Reputation: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Do you think GWB is also 'intelligent'? I mean, if you think SP is 'intelligent', you must think GWB is a Rhodes scholar. Have you heard her 'President of France' fake phone call? Those guys deserve a medal. Do you seriously want our V/POTUS talking to foreign leaders like that? 'We LOVE you'!!! It's shameful. Palin takes prank call from fake French president - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081102/ap_on_el_pr/canada_palin_prank_call - broken link)

When Audette refers to Canadian singer Steph Carse as Canada's prime minister, Palin replies: "Well, he's doing fine and yeah, when you come into a position underestimated it gives you an opportunity to prove the pundits and the critics wrong. You work that much harder." Canada's prime minister is Stephen Harper.

Palin praises Sarkozy throughout the call and also mentions his wife Carla Bruni, a model-turned-songwriter.

"You know, I look forward to working with you and getting to meet you personally and your beautiful wife," Palin says. "Oh my goodness, you've added a lot of energy to your country with that beautiful family of yours."
I don't base my opinions of peoples intelligence based on how the news likes to report it out of context or paordy pranks. Apparently you do. If you think Bush or Palin is "unintelligent" simply because of a couple of gaffes, then you must then think Biden is as dumb as they come do you not?

Again, your entire opinoin of her intelligence is based on how teeny boppers rationalize. It is not a surprise that people are wooing over Obama, he is a good speaker, charming, and he has a media there to present him in such an elegant way.

Palin has been taken out of context constantly or displayed in a manner to push the "she is stupid" position. Even Alec Baldwin, as liberal as they come had to admit he was surprised how intelligent and polite she was. He was surprised because he had been eating his own BS much like a lot of the people here. They say, if you lie enough, you begin to believe those lies.

The fact that you judge people this way only shows people here exactly how people can be emotionally mislead and steered around like sheep. Its easy to mislead your view because you focus on all the things that mean nothing, are nothing, amount to nothing, and you use them as a basis to claim yourself informed. You are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
 
2,704 posts, read 2,234,508 times
Reputation: 1443
I cannot seriously believe anyone could think this woman is VP or POTUS material! She is dumb as a box of rocks! A JOURNALISM degree??? Come ON now. And HOW many schools did it take her to get that? McCain insulted ALL American women w/ his VP pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
 
8,241 posts, read 10,295,927 times
Reputation: 3550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Hilarious!

So now we're adding to our political opinions by how well someone does on a prank phone call!

Love it!

Does the left ever take an objectionable step back and say:

Why don't the democratic candidates get prank phone calls form radio stations?

What do the rich, democratic candidates spend on their clothes?

Why don't the men running for office get questions about how to be fathers and Presidents or Vice Presidents at the same time?

Why don't we know what Joe Biden does or doesn't read?

I mean, love her or hate her, I can't understand why seemingly intelligent Americans can not see the gross double-standards being levied against GOP ticket.

But whatever, maybe Candid Camera will run some prank on McCain and change my opinion of him.
Her state borders Canada and she doesn't know who the prime minister is?
She's already planning her presidency in 8 years?
Are you so brainwashed that you can't see this ignoramous for who she is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
 
234 posts, read 171,073 times
Reputation: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I have been thinking seriously about Palin as VP (who, by the way, won't be living at the White House so let your worries be over).

But I am seriously hoping she makes it to Washington with John McCain. I think she's terrific and real and honest and far more in touch with the American people than Obama. And she has far more experience of being at the helm and getting things done than Barack Obama who has had none.
Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Listen to this and then come back and tell us again how terrific and real and intelligent she is. Wait You did not mention intelligent. Of course not. According to you and the rest of her supporters intelligence is not a requirement for VP or President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
 
8,241 posts, read 10,295,927 times
Reputation: 3550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I don't base my opinions of peoples intelligence based on how the news likes to report it out of context or paordy pranks. Apparently you do. If you think Bush or Palin is "unintelligent" simply because of a couple of gaffes, then you must then think Biden is as dumb as they come do you not?

Again, your entire opinoin of her intelligence is based on how teeny boppers rationalize. It is not a surprise that people are wooing over Obama, he is a good speaker, charming, and he has a media there to present him in such an elegant way.

Palin has been taken out of context constantly or displayed in a manner to push the "she is stupid" position. Even Alec Baldwin, as liberal as they come had to admit he was surprised how intelligent and polite she was. He was surprised because he had been eating his own BS much like a lot of the people here. They say, if you lie enough, you begin to believe those lies.

The fact that you judge people this way only shows people here exactly how people can be emotionally mislead and steered around like sheep. Its easy to mislead your view because you focus on all the things that mean nothing, are nothing, amount to nothing, and you use them as a basis to claim yourself informed. You are not.
How sad that people become absorbed into the far right, neocon, wrap around the American flag of national socialism. Palin is not in any way qualified enough to become president. Your party has stuffed this completely unvetted and unprepared woman into this campaign to appease the religious fundamentalists who would take this country into our own form of Talibanism. If she were a Democrat, you would be calling her a Feminazi man hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
 
13,074 posts, read 6,633,126 times
Reputation: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Most of those listed I don't have a problem with.

But anti-tax and anti-regulation? That is not moderate. Most people believe we have to pay taxes and we'd like clean air, clean water, and don't want to get food poisoning when we go out to eat. How we reach those goals is debatable.
Anti-tax fits in with small government. Our founders believed in a free system with limited government, limited taxes. A liberal view purposes there are always more systems the government needs to have its hands in. So, bigger government, more taxes. That is not conservative. That is "pro-tax".

Regulation from a reactive form is acceptable. The problem is, regulation from a pro-active form is controlling. Again making "bigger" government. Regulation is used as a control tool to manipulate the free economy. It should not exist in the form it does and to which I am speaking of.

We do not need "rate" regulation or aspects that attempt to control the markets businesses. That is the consumers job. They speak with their money and the business, if it wishes to make money will oblige or collapse.

I understand the need for both, but I understand that need to be at a minimum level. So when I say Anti-Tax, Anti-Regulation, I am talking about pulling in the reigns on the government, beating it back down to a smaller size where it should be. One could argue all day long about how both are needed completely and in everything, but then we take away freedoms to do so, we oppress the people with the "belief" of the greater good, yet all that it achieves is a greater evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
 
7,768 posts, read 9,480,450 times
Reputation: 3389
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Is Candid Camera still on TV? I thought getting punk'd was the new thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Yes, the nerve of people attacking those poor sled dogs. Animal cruelty I tell ya.
LOL Not much of a pop-culture follower, so I don't even know if CC is on but punk'd never did much for me.....too trashy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Her state borders Canada and she doesn't know who the prime minister is?
She's already planning her presidency in 8 years?
Are you so brainwashed that you can't see this ignoramous for who she is?
Ah, now she's an ignoramous. LOL.

A question, por favor, if an igoramous has these kinds of credentials:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Wasilla, Alaska city council from 1992 to 1996
Wasilla mayor from 1996 to 2002
Chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission from 2003 to 2004.
Governor of Alaska in November 2006 to now.

So, we have:

4 years on the city council.
6 years as mayor.
1 year as Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
2 Years Governor of Alaska.
--------------------------------
12 years total of experience

She has Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism.
...and yours, mimimomx3, are something less than that....then what does that make you?

Gosh, the right is ugly! What's wrong with us!.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 AM
 
13,074 posts, read 6,633,126 times
Reputation: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
How sad that people become absorbed into the far right, neocon, wrap around the American flag of national socialism. Palin is not in any way qualified enough to become president. Your party has stuffed this completely unvetted and unprepared woman into this campaign to appease the religious fundamentalists who would take this country into our own form of Talibanism. If she were a Democrat, you would be calling her a Feminazi man hater.
Name calling. That's all you have? That is something I would expect from a teenager. Run along, you are late for class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top