Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Fortunately, people take me very seriously and treat me with respect because that's how I treat them. Contrary to your opinion, Palin has a growing number of people supporting her and like it or not, you'll be seeing a lot more of her down the road whether we win this election or not.

Unlike many liberals, I realize that whether you support Obama or McCain doesn't determine your IQ level. I don't blindly accuse people of being stupid or uninformed. I don't suggest that if someone is for Obama they are necessarily not doing their homework and studying both sides of the issues.

So when I speak with people in person (as opposed to this message board), I encounter reasonableness and an ability to discuss the attributes of McCain/Palin vs Obama/Biden without the rancor I see here.

And speaking of taking someone seriously, your final comment disqualifies you from that entirely. Please!
"Down the road" is exactly where she'll be and where I want her when this election is over.
I don't take seriously anyone who thinks Palin has a brain, or strength, or decency, or can function without Toddy holding her hand..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 03:51 PM

218 posts, read 468,569 times
Thumbs down Let's do this!!

We agree on that. But could you imagine if Joe (hiding) Biden becomes prez if something happens to Obama? That is the scary thing. I can just see it now , Joe misunderstanding what a foreign leader is trying to tell him then he don't know what to say and surrenders before he has the facts.
It seems that Hiding Biden can't go on forever. Now today with Obama throwing the three reporters off his plane because that supported McCain, Can you see where he is already leading he policy? If you don't agree with him he will silence you. He said he did this to make room on his plane. But then he invited Jet and Essence which are a magazine for blacks. Now who is the racist? Is this what we can expect? NO RESPECT. He will be taking our rights away one at a time.

Quote:
I have been thinking seriously about Palin as VP (who, by the way, won't be living at the White House so let your worries be over).

But I am seriously hoping she makes it to Washington with John McCain. I think she's terrific and real and honest and far more in touch with the American people than Obama. And she has far more experience of being at the helm and getting things done than Barack Obama who has had none.

But I know the fear that you mention. I live with it. And every passing day I worry more about our country and what lies ahead of us if Obama is elected.

The CHANGE that is coming will not be the change the Obamites expect. There are going to be so many sad, miserable, confused, disappointed, perplexed people out there saying "Whatever happened to THE ONE?".

So I have told a friend, many friends, and with a little luck they told their friends who told their friends and maybe, just maybe, there is hope of keeping this unknown, unqualified, untested, shadow of a man out of the White House.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:05 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""..terrific and real and honest""

How is she "terrific"? THAT'S an attribute to base voting on

"real" ?....that has no real meaning.

"honest" ??? Well, there's those ethics violations and her association with a group that hates the U.S. so much they want Alaska to secede......
Yeah. I was looking for some kind of criminal, breach of ethics, or abuse of power charges against Obama, and I came up empty. Nothin.

But I don't think McCain would have to die to feel the wrath of Palin and her 18th Century ideologies. She'd be the biggest loudest V.P. since, since,....

Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
..but, think seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY about Palin in the White House. We've seen over the last month that she will not be a "quiet" V.P., but that she will have an agenda of her own and she will use her position to exert public opinion on a whole bunch of whacked out initiatives. It'd be like Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest having their own lackey in the White House doing their bidding. Try to picture it in your mind, 6 months, 1 year down the road and Palin on screen over and over again. Once she's in, no Tina Fey skit is going to drown her out.

Yes, sanrene and other McCainites. I admit, I am scared, frightened, horrified of that thought. Romney, Giuliani, anyone would have been better than what might possibly befall us next week.

Everyone else, PLEASE do not let it happen. Vote Obama 08! And tell a friend!

Thank you, and have a great day.
Sorry, voting for her especially.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:51 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Of course. I thought I was clear when I said 'now we're even'. I certainly didn't mean you and I who are far from even.

That said, by now I'm sure you have read or heard Eagleburger's explanation of his remark and his deep apology. He actually admitted he got his foot stuck in his mouth. He went on to say that he believes Palin (should she be called upon to do so) is far more ready to be President than Obama who is sadly lacking in experience.

And as you know Palin isn't running for President ... Obama is and will be jumping in feet first.

His remarks were in the context of a discussion on foreign policy. Still, he believes that she will be up to speed in that department soon after becoming VP.

This is something, of course, a Democrat would never do. Obama/Biden/Richardson have yet to explain the wide range of incomes who will receive a tax cut under Obama's tax plan.
Relax - I am not into getting even stuff or false bravado - do that in your street corner please. You seem to be fighting a war with an imaginary "enemy".

Obama may be jumping in feet first but, so far, he has displayed far better judgement than McCain - look at the way he has run his campaign. I believe Obama even has better character. Palin may not be running for president but can become one - it is a distinct probability.

Well, we all know what is said in elections may not me what is followed. Remember how Republicans misread Bush Sr's lips? Or, how W was supposed to be a compassionate conservative? You can go ahead and blame Democrats - I am an independent who has already voted for Obama - no comparision in my mind.

Last edited by calmdude; 10-31-2008 at 07:32 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Sorry, voting for her especially.
Good for you. You can start a fan club.

Anyone remember Katherine Harris, the Republican Secretary of State of Florida in 2000 who declared Bush the winner? Everyone thought she was going to be a Republican superstar.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:51 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
I'm trembling as I type this....We CANNOT let this happen! Obama/Biden '08!!
Yes we can!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
... is that Palin is currently as close to the White House as she will ever get.
Oooooooh, I wouldn't want to put my hard earned money on that if I were you.

Quote:
""..terrific and real and honest""

How is she "terrific"? THAT'S an attribute to base voting on
"real" ?....that has no real meaning.
"honest" ???
I couldn't see wasting my time listing all the attributes of Sarah Palin for VP to people who have already made up their minds. I'm simply voicing my opinion.

But if you want to talk about words, did you by any chance catch Colin Powell's reasons for supporting Obama?

Words like he would "electrify the world", he's a "transformational figure", and a "new generation coming" .......... granted this is more flowery, but what does it mean exactly? Are these words upon which to base a vote?

Not mine.

Quote:
............I don't take seriously anyone who thinks Palin has a brain, or strength, or decency..............
Of course you don't .... do you think this surprises me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Relax - I am not into getting even stuff or false bravado - do that in your street corner please. You seem to be fighting a war with an imaginary "enemy".

Obama .................., so far, he has displayed far better judgment than McCain - look at the way he has run his campaign. I believe Obama even has better character. ................
I'm completely relaxed. I'm not fighting a war with anyone. I'm expressing my opinion. Do you honestly think you have a greater right to do that than I do? I'm guessing you do.

I will grant you that Barack Obama has conducted the most amazing campaign I have ever seen. I believe this would qualify him to be a top notch salesman. He could sell just about anyone just about anything. Hands down, the guy knows how to see nothing. And that's a talent!

I have no street corner. The only people I see on street corners these days are Obamatrons with their little signs and waving madly.

Judgment? You believe Obama shows good judgment? Okay. Here are a few names ..... Wright, Ayers, Rezko, Pfelger ... just a start. How many more questionable associations must this man have before you think his judgment might be just a little off?

Quote:
Good for you. You can start a fan club.

She already has one and I'm a proud member.

Last edited by McMolly; 11-01-2008 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:

She already has one and I'm a proud member.
Wow. I was just joking, but apparently she does have a few:

iHaveACrushOnSarah.com | Sarah Palin Fan Club
Sarah Palin News Source:* Breaking News and Archives

Good for you!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:33 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
Quote:
Wow. I was just joking, but apparently she does have a few:

iHaveACrushOnSarah.com | Sarah Palin Fan Club
Sarah Palin News Source:* Breaking News and Archives

Good for you!
Nope! Not those! I guess she's so popular she needs more than one!

One's enough for me, though ... I'll stick with mine. .

Last edited by McMolly; 11-01-2008 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
I'm completely relaxed. I'm not fighting a war with anyone. I'm expressing my opinion. Do you honestly think you have a greater right to do that than I do? I'm guessing you do..
Great - hopefully, we can have a civil discussion. I never implied I had more rights.

Quote:
I will grant you that Barack Obama has conducted the most amazing campaign I have ever seen. I believe this would qualify him to be a top notch salesman. He could sell just about anyone just about anything. Hands down, the guy knows how to see nothing. And that's a talent! .
If true, may be we can make more friends abroad and not fight lonely wars. We all have BS shields up when politicians speak - I think there is more to it than you you are implying as "salesmanship." In an earlier life when I headed sales team of higher end products, the least successful sales people were the ones who were full of it. Most people can smell BS - and that is why many more Republicans are crossing over because they feel McCain is doing a sell job.

Quote:
I have no street corner. The only people I see on street corners these days are Obamatrons with their little signs and waving madly..
Jealous? I guess they must be more excited than McCain supporters in Arizona Or, are you are implying Obama supporters have less rights to show support than others?

Quote:
Judgment? You believe Obama shows good judgment? Okay. Here are a few names ..... Wright, Ayers, Rezko, Pfelger ... just a start. How many more questionable associations must this man have before you think his judgment might be just a little off?..
As opposed to 4 plane crashes, his pa/grampa saving his ass, his calling wife names in public, dumping his first wife, kissing the butts of "agents of intolerance" he criticized 4 yrs ago, having a huge ego, anger, ability to screw a campaign, suspending campaign to "fix" economy one week but then continuing with the campaign the next week when the market turmoil was much worse, digging deep to go negative repeatedly, etc etc??? McCain himself said he needed much more training in Economics - and right now, this is important. McCain is not what has been marketed by his campaign. Palin is not worthy of being criticised - with time, she has constantly dropped in the polls. Besides, she is a 73yr old's heart beat away from presidency. Palin showed McCain's bonehead judgement. Sometimes, his body language is telling.

Obama anyday over McCain-Palin for me.
PS: got the flu - gotta go rest in 5 minutes

Last edited by calmdude; 11-01-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections