Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM

135 posts, read 224,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Contrary to your opinion, Palin has a growing number of people supporting her and like it or not, you'll be seeing a lot more of her down the road whether we win this election or not.
Perhaps a growing number of people you know, is more like it.

That would be why her unfavorables have been steadily increasing, and even righties that supported her out of the gates are now pulling it back and saying it was a mistake? No doubt some people are warming up to her (only God knows why... wait, that's probably why), but more are not. She's now overall unfavorable (like 55 to 45 I believe it was a few days ago) which is a big turnaround from when she started. Even the McCain camp is setting the stage to blame her for thier loss.

Yes, that's the scary thing. I'm all for a smart person with good ideas being in charge, whether that be a woman or man, demo or repub. But she's a lot of things, including clueless and part of the very far right. God wants pipelines in Alaska? How is that so difference from Allah wanting the US to have an economic crisis? Yes, I'm sure similar minded far righties love her, but based on polls it looks a lot like everyone else does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,844,647 times
Quote:
Fortunately, people take me very seriously and treat me with respect because that's how I treat them. Contrary to your opinion, Palin has a growing number of people supporting her and like it or not, you'll be seeing a lot more of her down the road whether we win this election or not.

Unlike many liberals, I realize that whether you support Obama or McCain doesn't determine your IQ level. I don't blindly accuse people of being stupid or uninformed. I don't suggest that if someone is for Obama they are necessarily not doing their homework and studying both sides of the issues.

So when I speak with people in person (as opposed to this message board), I encounter reasonableness and an ability to discuss the attributes of McCain/Palin vs Obama/Biden without the rancor I see here.

And speaking of taking someone seriously, your final comment disqualifies you from that entirely. Please!
We won't be hearing more from Palin, except maybe in far right wing circles.

And I know a lot of Republicans. I'm surrounded by them (work, clients, family), and very very few hold Palin in high regard. In fact, many of them are downright insulted by her pick, yet they will still probably vote for McCain for two issues: gays and abortion. That's right. Forget about the economy, the budget draining war, and other issues. Let's not let consenting adults get married and let's RE-ELECT a party that has done virtually nothing to reduce abortions.

Can Democrats Reduce Abortion More than Republicans??? - Steven Waldman

Please also help me understand what "being in touch with the American people means?" What American people? Christians? Most Christians in America are moderate Catholics who don't speak in tongues, have witch-doctors heal them and don't believe that the God condones the war in Iraq.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:03 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
No - you and Eagleburger are even.
Of course. I thought I was clear when I said 'now we're even'. I certainly didn't mean you and I who are far from even.

That said, by now I'm sure you have read or heard Eagleburger's explanation of his remark and his deep apology. He actually admitted he got his foot stuck in his mouth. He went on to say that he believes Palin (should she be called upon to do so) is far more ready to be President than Obama who is sadly lacking in experience.

And as you know Palin isn't running for President ... Obama is and will be jumping in feet first.

His remarks were in the context of a discussion on foreign policy. Still, he believes that she will be up to speed in that department soon after becoming VP.

This is something, of course, a Democrat would never do. Obama/Biden/Richardson have yet to explain the wide range of incomes who will receive a tax cut under Obama's tax plan.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:25 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,853,932 times
Yes I have thought about this subject and the possibility of her being anywhere near the White House scares the bejesus out of me. It should be pretty damn obvious to anyone except the hardcore religious right that she's nothing more a puppet. (even more so than Bush)

Old 10-31-2008, 03:27 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,477,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
She's already read it according to her interview with Katie. Everything. All of it.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:29 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,477,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I have seriously thought about it and it scares me to death. She is a loose cannon. I shudder to think of what would happen if McCain were to die, heaven forbid, and she become President. Honestly, imagine if an "event" would happen how she would respond to it and what she might or might not do. People really need to think about this because it is definitely frightening.
I'm trembling as I type this....We CANNOT let this happen! Obama/Biden '08!!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
She's already read it according to her interview with Katie. Everything. All of it.
Yes, and then she put it on the bottom of her cat's litter box because that's what she thinks of it....exactly like Bush!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
. . . actually, it's the agenda of Todd Palin that is more frightening as Sarah Palin is too clueless to know what's going on around her (as evidenced in Troopergate)
Excellent point! Poor spineless Sara needs Toddy to hold her hand and speak for her...it's HIS agenda...HE will "pimp" her out because he knows HE couldn't run for Dog Catcher.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default The good news...

... is that Palin is currently as close to the White House as she will ever get.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I have been thinking seriously about Palin as VP (who, by the way, won't be living at the White House so let your worries be over).

But I am seriously hoping she makes it to Washington with John McCain. I think she's terrific and real and honest and far more in touch with the American people than Obama. And she has far more experience of being at the helm and getting things done than Barack Obama who has had none.

But I know the fear that you mention. I live with it. And every passing day I worry more about our country and what lies ahead of us if Obama is elected.

The CHANGE that is coming will not be the change the Obamites expect. There are going to be so many sad, miserable, confused, disappointed, perplexed people out there saying "Whatever happened to THE ONE?".

So I have told a friend, many friends, and with a little luck they told their friends who told their friends and maybe, just maybe, there is hope of keeping this unknown, unqualified, untested, shadow of a man out of the White House.
""..terrific and real and honest""

How is she "terrific"? THAT'S an attribute to base voting on

"real" ?....that has no real meaning.

"honest" ??? Well, there's those ethics violations and her association with a group that hates the U.S. so much they want Alaska to secede......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections