Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
If Obama were doing same we would be hearing about undo influence, partisanship, etc.
And the ni-BONGs!

Blazing saddles anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
He has to fill the venue with people somehow..Kids are easy, they like pixie sticks!! Hopefully they'll be so creeped out by McOld and his creepy wife that they'll rebel and become libs..Kids tend to like people that have their future at heart not making the draft a reality.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I'm not sure I think this is great. If it was High School might be different if he was to be taught with a class. If the kids were younger no. If parents take their children that is different but to take kids there just to take them. I think it could be okay if they also took the same kids to a Obama rally and then talked about the two canidates and what they stand for.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:00 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
What I want to know is, did the school get signed permission slips from the parents to have their kids bussed to this obvious bit of propaganda?? I certainly wouldn't have given permission for my child to be shlepped off to a rally like that. For either side.
I am sure that the school did as they always do and send home permission slips.
Any parent that did not want the child to go could have had them sit at school with the other 5 whose parents did not want them to go.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
It happens with Obama's campaign as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
What I want to know is, did the school get signed permission slips from the parents to have their kids bussed to this obvious bit of propaganda?? I certainly wouldn't have given permission for my child to be shlepped off to a rally like that. For either side.
I as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow... transporting children on buses to be indoctrinated at a hate rally and make it look like you have support. Mr. McCain, that is both pathetic and scary.

Joe? Where did you go? - First Read - msnbc.com

Would you feel better if he partnered up with a terrorist first?

Obama and Ayers Pushed Radicalism On Schools

Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC.

Mr. Ayers is the founder of the "small schools" movement (heavily funded by CAC), in which individual schools built around specific political themes push students to "confront issues of inequity, war, and violence." He believes teacher education programs should serve as "sites of resistance" to an oppressive system. (His teacher-training programs were also CAC funded.) The point, says Mr. Ayers in his "Teaching Toward Freedom," is to "teach against oppression," against America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation.

Gateway Pundit: Finally the Truth... Obama & Ayers Pushed Radicalism on Schools (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/finally-truth-obama-ayers-pushed.html - broken link)

Explains why he's against school vouchers.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:15 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow... transporting children on buses to be indoctrinated at a hate rally and make it look like you have support. Mr. McCain, that is both pathetic and scary.

Joe? Where did you go? - First Read - msnbc.com
You mean like those brain washing grade school liberal teachers?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
That'll be a refreshing contrast from the near dead he usually has around him!

McCain Rally
Like all of those sending Obama their welfare money... I don't really mean that, I just wanted to show you how stupid your remark was about the near dead..

Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
McCain Camp Buses In School Kids To Fill Crowd
A local school district official confirmed after the event that of the 6,000 people estimated by the fire marshal to be in attendance this morning, more than 4,000 were bused in from schools in the area. The entire 2,500-student Defiance School District was in attendance, the official said, in addition to at least three other schools from neighboring districts, one of which sent 14 buses.

This happened -- as if a reminder were needed -- less than a week out from the election, when the heat of the campaign should be drawing record crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections