Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:49 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times

Advertisements

Reminder to all that the last 2 elections, idiots "analyzed" and predicted that Bush was going to be a great president.

So beware if the same idiots are going to "analyze" and tout McCain as a great president, or claim to have "analyze" that Obama is going to be a horrible president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
teacher, civil rights attorney, author
Thank you for jarring my memory. I do remember that he sued banks on behalf of blacks who were uncredit worthy so they could get mortgages that we are now paying for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QBRIsCkGQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

I'm not sure "author" qualifies as a job and teachers generally work for the government.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Slow down just a minute there DC. I personally respect anyone who actually works for a living regardless of the status of their job. I also respect people who educate themselves. But for the office of President of these United States, I have a number of requirements, the first being honesty. I am also looking for someone who is a genuine leader. Obama fails to have either of those qualifications. He has lied about his past so I know I can't trust him and, after stating he would not return to DC to fix the financial mess he and the rest of the dems created, he followed McCain back to DC. A leader doesn't change his mind because someone else goes in a different direction. If he felt he was correct to stay on the campaign trail, then he should have stuck to his guns. No, he's a follower.

It's nice that you respect people who work for a living. But others who've posted on this thread weren't exactly showing the love, were they? So don't tell me to slow down, tell them to rethink their posts.

I totally respect that you have certain things you are looking for in the next person to serve as President. I hope that you respect that I am also looking for certain qualities. We're different people, so it stands to reason that we want different things. I respect and admire Senator McCain. He's made tremendous sacrifices for this country, and he's spent his life serving the American people. I agree with some of his proposals. I just happen to agree with more of Obama's. I don't think Obama is a liar. I do think Obama is a leader. I'm not going to nitpick with you about the events with the financial bail-out. Obama didn't lie at that time, but I realize that you are going to feel differently. That's fine. I'm not dissing you or your opinions. And I'd really like it if the people who were pro-McCain could respect that people who are pro-Obama aren't robots, idiots, or people looking to be saved. We're not uninformed, or brainwashed, or hypnotized. We read, watch the news, do research, and all the things you do. We just arrived at different conclusions. Doesn't mean that either of us have bad conclusions, just means that different things are important to us.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thank you for jarring my memory. I do remember that he sued banks on behalf of blacks who were uncredit worthy so they could get mortgages that we are now paying for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QBRIsCkGQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

I'm not sure "author" qualifies as a job and teachers generally work for the
government.

Oh, author qualifies as a job. Believe me. Writing isn't easy. Submitting your work, then having someone go through and tear it apart isn't easy. He was lucky, he got paid well. Most writers don't, but they will tell you that it's work. And teachers who teach at private universities aren't working for the government. The tuition tells you so.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Dookie Boy, I thought I might find you in a BS thread.
How have you been? I haven't run across you much lately.

I'm still around. Keeping a low profile. This thing's about done, and am kind of losing interest. I can only hit my hand with a hammer so many times before it becomes clear that the next time I do it, it will be just as painful as it was the last time I did it. I think you know what I mean.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Obama has held private-sector jobs. You're one of those "low information voters" aren't you?
The (what you call) "low information voters" are voting for Obama. They have no clue, and refuse to find out, who he is, and reject the truth when it is handed to them.

They apparently just don't care what he believs, and they have bought his lies hook, line and sinker.

He is nothing more than a snake. A Chicago thug, using thug tactics in his campaign, attempting to silece dissent, investigate anyone who disagrees with him ("Joe the Plumber") and thinks himself invincible.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
After his soppy, melodramatic, unnecessary infomercial, it's becoming more obvious to voters what a fraud he is. The man is on the biggest ego trip ever, and that's what this campaign is all about - himself. He's believed his own press for too long, and now has a severe messianic complex. I'm sick of hearing how bad our country is - he's an America hater, and he's doing a bad job of hiding it! Sure, our economy has some problems now, but I already can sense it's on the rebound. The last thing we need is an inexperienced egomaniac with radical ideas trying to institute "transformative change". Only those people who have self-loathing complexes (and many of the left do) or have the Chicken Little syndrome, where they are having panic attacks every other day various their man-made doomsday scenarios, would think this Obama is going to solve their problems or the country's.

Please pull your head out from where the sun don't shine, and elect someone who loves America, and has worked for its betterment for most of his adult life. and if you just can't bring yourself to do that, then do us all a favor and don't vote at all!

I agree, in his eyes this is not about America. This is about himself, he wants fame and power. And America is more like a stepping stone to him, although the world is not as naive as most American's seem to be right now. Nobama is a fraud, and he's a joke. Good post looking4home.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I agree, in his eyes this is not about America. This is about himself, he wants fame and power.
He even has his own flag, doesn't he, j?

You remember that? On that thread about the Ohio State flag that you thought was Obama's? That was a riot!. Good times.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The (what you call) "low information voters" are voting for Obama. They have no clue, and refuse to find out, who he is, and reject the truth when it is handed to them.

They apparently just don't care what he believs, and they have bought his lies hook, line and sinker.

He is nothing more than a snake. A Chicago thug, using thug tactics in his campaign, attempting to silece dissent, investigate anyone who disagrees with him ("Joe the Plumber") and thinks himself invincible.
STOP already!

Obama supporters aren't all "low information voters" and neither are McCain supporters. Obama supporters are just like McCain supporters. They are voting on the issues that are important to them, based on what they perceive to be the best candidate to represent their interests.

They aren't stupid, they aren't careless, they aren't gullible. They do read, they watch the news and they do their own research. Just like McCain supporters. They may have different news sources, they may qualify the reliability and truthfullness of the news sources differently.

But people, it's time to stop shouting insults, and time to start finding the things that we do have in common. Like we all want the economy to get stronger. We all want to be less dependent on foreign energy supplies. We all want American schools to do a better job educating our children. I'm sure there are many other things we agree on. Let's go from there, and stop generalizing terrible things about each other because we have different priorities and concerns.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
quote: "Has McCain ever had a job not paid for by tax dollars?"

I don't think he was getting too many paychecks from the government while he was a POW in Viet Nam, but that's a guess.
Of course he was. He came back to all his back pay.

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections