Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Candidate Is More Patriotic?
John MCCain 57 51.82%
Barak Obama 53 48.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times

Advertisements

THere are some very good reasons for supporting this. To hold them accountable. To keep track of them for when Obama starts working on the illegal issue.
Obama supports driver's licenses for illegals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
There you go health care and driving for illegals..yea give it to them rather then companies to expand and hire!!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 PM

You give up yet ?? Sun

Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 PM

SUN is gone?????? next liberal ....

Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
no, I have more things to do than to cyberstalk or to be stalked........i will say that morris/mc gann's numbers are very, very wrong on health care. so are some of their facts.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
no, I have more things to do than to cyberstalk or to be stalked........i will say that morris/mc gann's numbers are very, very wrong on health care. so are some of their facts.
Relax sun..you asked for some proof!! your alright.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:00 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
I'm not even talking about illegals. That's beside the point. I'm talking about hardworking Americans who can't get ahead because basic health care is priced out of their reach. I'm talking about people whose jobs are being sent overseas (or eliminated altogether) because of Republican b.s. economic policies that blatantly favor the rich. You might not be rich, but you are comfortable.
Umm, $125K in Somerset County, NJ - try the working poor - and far from comfortable.

I wasn't saying just illegals. Hardworking Americans that can't afford health insurance are taken care of for free. At least they are here. It is simple to walk into a healthcare facility and receive care for free. The rest of us already pay for it with our premiums. I don't want to pay more for someone else.

I'm sorry, I just don't agree with his positions. My grandparents were around during the depression and made far less put together than my mother did alone. My grandfather died and left my grandmother set up. My mother died penniless. No, she did not put me through school, etc. I did.

It was called hard work and planning that put my grandmother in the position she is in today. My mother's generation is all about me, me, me.... I think that's precisely what's wrong with America today. It's all about how YOU are going to take care of ME.

Well, I take care of me and my family and am teaching my kids to do the same. Will I hand them a college education for free?? No way. You appreciate things more when you work for them. And you'll get more out of it too.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
You are assuming things you have no business assuming. We know McCain only got where he is because of his family..........we don't know whether or not Obama benefited from affirmative action.

Ummmm, he said it himself.....

No, not all public schools are equal, which was my point in saying, it's what YOU make of it with your kids. Ultimately, the parents are responsible for what the kids learn. That's just a fact.

I'm sorry for your sister, but she can get care. They can't turn her away.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Be easy on Sun, his donkey just been ran over by a elephant!!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM

Well, he said I fell for the GOP hook, line and sinker - I didn't. I asked how Obama was going to do more for me than McCain and so far I've been left with dead silence.

Bueller, Bueller......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections