Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,515,021 times

Advertisements

Ok then, now that we have established that this entire election is about race and that anyone NOT voting for Obama is obviously an overt or closet racist (regardless of their party affiliation) where does that leave us? Hmmm if Obama loses then Blacks and the Obama supporting non racists of other races and the "no good cracker, redneck, bubbas" are going to start shooting at each other or.... Are Black communtities going to rise up in righteous indignation... what? Since the PROVEN FACT is that not supporting Obama and being white makes you a racist or crossing party lines and being white makes you a racist, well, I guess everyone knows beyond any doubt who the enemy is right? So why wait...sheesh lets just get to it shall we:rolleye s:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 02:00 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ok then, now that we have established that this entire election is about race and that anyone NOT voting for Obama is obviously an overt or closet racist (regardless of their party affiliation) where does that leave us? Hmmm if Obama loses then Blacks and the Obama supporting non racists of other races and the "no good cracker, redneck, bubbas" are going to start shooting at each other or.... Are Black communtities going to rise up in righteous indignation... what? Since the PROVEN FACT is that not supporting Obama and being white makes you a racist or crossing party lines and being white makes you a racist, well, I guess everyone knows beyond any doubt who the enemy is right? So why wait...sheesh lets just get to it shall we:rolleye s:

Really? I haven't seen that proven, would you provide evidence that it has been proven?

Old 11-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Really? I haven't seen that proven, would you provide evidence that it has been proven?
My blatant sarcasm must have gotten lost in the translation somewhere?

Old 11-02-2008, 03:11 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,627,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My blatant sarcasm must have gotten lost in the translation somewhere?
LOL yes it did apparently

you can never really tell for sure on CD!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
LOL yes it did apparently

you can never really tell for sure on CD!
LMAO yea ...you have a point there.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,907 times
Quote:
Sounds like you and "Colon" may be full of the same thing...

As I said before...if he hadn't endorsed Obama, i'm sure he would still be included on that list.

As I said, he's a 92%er, just couldn't help himself.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,766 posts, read 4,120,062 times
[quote=kentuckydad95;5948840]
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. quote]

Gee, so sorry to hear you have to work in a county that's 99% white.
It must be terrible to have the low violent crime rates, safe schools, probably relatively low rates of illegitimacy, and neighborhoods that aren't trashed. What a burden to be in such a place.
You need to spend some time in Detroit, Philly, East St louis, or some of the other lovely places that are mostly minority. I think you will have a better appreciation for where you live.
And saying you are sad to work in a place that is 99% white sounds a bit racist to me, in case anyone is thinking of accusing *me* of being the "r" word. .

Old 07-27-2009, 03:24 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,775,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. Alot of the locals have rebel flags on their front porch. Eight years ago most of the yard signs were Gore. Then it was mainly Kerry. Now, it is all McCain. A county where it is 90% Democrat. Even one poor neighborhood where half of them collect government checks where you would think they would just love Obama...nope...all McCain signs. Now tell me this is NOT a race issue.
I agree, it was a race issue there. Unfortunately, for blacks it was just as much a race issue in the other direction.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,408,850 times
[quote=mrkool;5983734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. quote]

Gee, so sorry to hear you have to work in a county that's 99% white.
It must be terrible to have the low violent crime rates, safe schools, probably relatively low rates of illegitimacy, and neighborhoods that aren't trashed. What a burden to be in such a place.
You need to spend some time in Detroit, Philly, East St louis, or some of the other lovely places that are mostly minority. I think you will have a better appreciation for where you live.
And saying you are sad to work in a place that is 99% white sounds a bit racist to me, in case anyone is thinking of accusing *me* of being the "r" word. .
So you are saying all whites commit less crimes, read better, and don't trash their neighborhoods as much as minorities do? Cuz thats pretty racist.

This guy might just want to live in a diverse town, not one all the same race. He doesn't look down on other racists like you obviously do, going by your view on what their towns are like.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:52 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,279,401 times
Quote:
Liberals don't know how to answer a question unless they attack. Watching Obama's campaign and then seeing all the liberal's on this board is proof of that.

If you don't agree with them there is no debate. They just attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections