Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Yes there are people who feel that Obama doesn't have enough experience to be President but no one can deny there are people who are unfortunately letting race sway their vote. (both ways)
What really bothers me is seeing the hatred displayed in front of children. I sincerely hope & pray that my children will someday live in a world where people are judged by their character,& not their race. To me, those hateful people seem so.... how do I put it? It's as if they are still in cave-man mode....look at the natural world. All our domesticated animals interbreed;dogs,cats,horses,cows,etc. But in the wild,you don't see a fox & a coyote breeding,or a Robin & a Redbird. To me,these racist people just seem less intelligent, more animalistic,like stuck in Neanderthal mode or something. How sad it is to have the color of your skin be the only thing you have to be proud of.
I am first-generation American,my family is from Germany. My biological Grandfather was a NAZI, and my Grandma divorced him (not an easy thing for a Catholic to do in those days! ) and married an American soldier & brought her 2 children here to America. I am so sickened when I see those racists at the McCain /Palin rallies on Youtube yelling those racial slurs,because I grew up w/ Grandma telling me how horrible the NAZIs were in their quest for "racial purity" & the horrible,unbelieveable things they did to their fellow man. People stood by & shut up, & let it happen. I don't intend to allow it to happen again in MY lifetime,in MY country.It all started as people looked the other way,then the hatred became more & more contagious,like a virus,it spreads & grows,festers & kills.Make no mistake about it,hatred IS contagious. We must not turn a blind eye to it, or it WILL continue to build,untill it is out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
What really bothers me is seeing the hatred displayed in front of children. I sincerely hope & pray that my children will someday live in a world where people are judged by their character,& not their race. To me, those hateful people seem so.... how do I put it? It's as if they are still in cave-man mode....look at the natural world. All our domesticated animals interbreed;dogs,cats,horses,cows,etc. But in the wild,you don't see a fox & a coyote breeding,or a Robin & a Redbird. To me,these racist people just seem less intelligent, more animalistic,like stuck in Neanderthal mode or something. How sad it is to have the color of your skin be the only thing you have to be proud of.
I am first-generation American,my family is from Germany. My biological Grandfather was a NAZI, and my Grandma divorced him (not an easy thing for a Catholic to do in those days! ) and married an American soldier & brought her 2 children here to America. I am so sickened when I see those racists at the McCain /Palin rallies on Youtube yelling those racial slurs,because I grew up w/ Grandma telling me how horrible the NAZIs were in their quest for "racial purity" & the horrible,unbelieveable things they did to their fellow man. People stood by & shut up, & let it happen. I don't intend to allow it to happen again in MY lifetime,in MY country.It all started as people looked the other way,then the hatred became more & more contagious,like a virus,it spreads & grows,festers & kills.Make no mistake about it,hatred IS contagious. We must not turn a blind eye to it, or it WILL continue to build,untill it is out of control.
Thanks for posting this. You are so, so right. When I see the people at their rallies, I can't believe it. Or the racist jokes and mockery on this forum by their followers, as well. It's disgusting.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
So, I was having a good time tonight in my mostly white, McCain supporting Northern Florida neighborhood at a Halloween party. My husband I apparently were the only Obama supporters in the crowd.

One of the neighborhood teenagers came by dressed up as Obama. I had no problem with the costume at all. But then his friend took a white sheet and wrapped it around his neck, pretending to hang the kid in the Obama costume. All the adults were laughing and continued even as some of the younger kids began chasing the teenager in the Obama costume yelling "kill Obama."

I wish my daughter did not see this, but unfortunately, she did. In fact, being 5, she began running after the kid in the Obama costume too. I can't even express how sick I feel about this.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:09 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
So, I was having a good time tonight in my mostly white, McCain supporting Northern Florida neighborhood at a Halloween party. My husband I apparently were the only Obama supporters in the crowd.

One of the neighborhood teenagers came by dressed up as Obama. I had no problem with the costume at all. But then his friend took a white sheet and wrapped it around his neck, pretending to hang the kid in the Obama costume. All the adults were laughing and continued even as some of the younger kids began chasing the teenager in the Obama costume yelling "kill Obama."

I wish my daughter did not see this, but unfortunately, she did. In fact, being 5, she began running after the kid in the Obama costume too. I can't even express how sick I feel about this.

OH MY GOD!!!! What did you do??? This stuff is NOT funny,not in the slightest. I'm telling you,this is how it starts. Obama must have B*lls of Steel, he HAS to know what kind of ignorance & hatred he is up against.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Vote baed on qualifications.
Stop playing VICTIM.
Obama is a MASTER at playing the victim of the McCAIN camp, the victim of America, the victim of anything...
You are getting Obama's psychological illness.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. Alot of the locals have rebel flags on their front porch. Eight years ago most of the yard signs were Gore. Then it was mainly Kerry. Now, it is all McCain. A county where it is 90% Democrat. Even one poor neighborhood where half of them collect government checks where you would think they would just love Obama...nope...all McCain signs. Now tell me this is NOT a race issue.
Can you prove it is race beyond any doubt? Even it is, it is their right. This is still the United States of America, at least for now anyway.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Vote baed on qualifications.
Stop playing VICTIM.
Obama is a MASTER at playing the victim of the McCAIN camp, the victim of America, the victim of anything...
You are getting Obama's psychological illness.
I see you are off your meds again.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
OH MY GOD!!!! What did you do??? This stuff is NOT funny,not in the slightest. I'm telling you,this is how it starts. Obama must have B*lls of Steel, he HAS to know what kind of ignorance & hatred he is up against.
I agree.... I cannot imagine what it must be like for him.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Quote:
Beyond calling my daughter back over, I did nothing. And I'm not happy with myself right now.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. Alot of the locals have rebel flags on their front porch. Eight years ago most of the yard signs were Gore. Then it was mainly Kerry. Now, it is all McCain. A county where it is 90% Democrat. Even one poor neighborhood where half of them collect government checks where you would think they would just love Obama...nope...all McCain signs. Now tell me this is NOT a race issue.
It's not. But, it is good news. Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, if you're in Kentucky, McCain already has that in the bag, so it won't matter much..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections