U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 PM

3,791 posts, read 5,083,575 times

Advertisements

I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. Alot of the locals have rebel flags on their front porch. Eight years ago most of the yard signs were Gore. Then it was mainly Kerry. Now, it is all McCain. A county where it is 90% Democrat. Even one poor neighborhood where half of them collect government checks where you would think they would just love Obama...nope...all McCain signs. Now tell me this is NOT a race issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,393,008 times
90% Democrat turns all Republican? Of course it's race. It's race for a lot of people who are not voting for Obama. And the more they scream that it isn't, the more obvious it becomes. But what really makes it obvious is the level of HATRED they exhibit towards him. Here's a guy who's been called every name in the book by McCain and Palin, who is ridiculed and mocked--on a personal level--by them daily. Obama, on the other hand, has never said anything hateful about either of them. He has never given anyone a reason to hate him. And yet: the McCain/Palin supporters hate him with a hatred that is so visceral it's frightening--in real life at the rallies, and on this forum. You BET it's racism.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 PM

2,733 posts, read 2,311,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I work in a county (sadly) that is 99% white. Alot of the locals have rebel flags on their front porch. Eight years ago most of the yard signs were Gore. Then it was mainly Kerry. Now, it is all McCain. A county where it is 90% Democrat. Even one poor neighborhood where half of them collect government checks where you would think they would just love Obama...nope...all McCain signs. Now tell me this is NOT a race issue.
They will tell you,of course,that it's not. I personally know of several die-hard dems here,now voting McCain. Several have claimed it's NOT racism,yet I have heard them tell "N" jokes! One relative states right up front he "won't vote for that 'N'." Of course not everyone who is voting for McCain is a racist,but there's NO denying racism is alive & well even in this "enlightened" age. Some people are just not as far up on the evolution ladder as others.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 PM

The best part is when you engage them in coversation about the election, they give me everything they want in a POTUS and it all points to Obama. However, one guy even told me, "I ain't votin' for no n----r".

Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 PM

8,187 posts, read 7,924,544 times
So what you are saying is that democrats who don't vote for obama are racist? How do you explain the reagan democrats, then?

Now, there are people who are not going to vote for obama soley because he is black, and those people are racists. Then, there are people who will not vote for obama because they have ideological differences with him, and those people would be smart
I'm voting for either ron paul or bob barr -- how could I be deemed racist? Obama and Paul have very little if anything in common politicially. The same would hold true for republicans, and even conservative leaning democrats. Face it, obama is coming from an extreme political position that is not conducive to a fiscal conservative frame of mind.
Then again, there are and have always been, complete racist douches. I just don't believe that they are the majority of those not voting for obama.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,145,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
The best part is when you engage them in coversation about the election, they give me everything they want in a POTUS and it all points to Obama. However, one guy even told me, "I ain't votin' for no n----r".

Sadly it is true. My mother in law lives outside of Louisville and when she said she was voting for Obama a group of guy said how can you vote for a N----R. It's sad this is the case in 2008

Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 PM

343 posts, read 326,689 times

Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 PM

If you had ever spent time in this county, you would realize that they are mainly "complete racist douches."

Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 PM

2,522 posts, read 2,778,945 times
Did you ever consider that maybe Obama does not appeal to them because he has no experience?
It is so easy to jump to race, but it often goes much deeper than that.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 3,578,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Now, there are people who are not going to vote for obama soley because he is black, and those people are racists. .
There are also people who are going to vote for Obama simply because he is black, and those people are racists.

I betcha one of those numbers is greater than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections