Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM

18,336 posts, read 26,368,533 times

Advertisements

Funniest thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,186,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I notice that KRAMERCAT hasnt been on these boards since NObama got elected. I bet even he is too embarrased to post.

I see a lot of folks stammering to try and defend the sob

Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM

343 posts, read 938,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't blame the overall economy on Obama, but I do blame the market in part on his plans, budgets, etc which are not economy friendly. The market is a barometer for the economies future and increasing taxes and the deficit four times over is not wise in these times.

No and no. Even it if was McCain that was elected that would have made no difference on the direction of the stock market. The previous administration really messed us up bad. Its up to Obama to fix it. So far not much of the stimulus has been put into play yet. Give it a couple of years and if he does mess it up you can thumb your chest. I will hold him accountable also.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,124,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
We are lucky to have just done secure on the 401k because my husband will be 60 this week, and it takes time to rebuild.
We are lucky to have not lost money, just gained at a slowest pace. I guess we are conservative in everything we do.

Diane G
I am glad you did. My father has always been leery of the stock market. He was a depression era baby and heard the horror stories first hand.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post
No and no. Even it if was McCain that was elected that would have made no difference on the direction of the stock market. The previous administration really messed us up bad. Its up to Obama to fix it. So far not much of the stimulus has been put into play yet. Give it a couple of years and if he does mess it up you can thumb your chest. I will hold him accountable also.

The previous administration was not the ones responsible for the housing crisis and the Fannie and Freddie debacle. That would be Dodd, Frank and several other democrats in charge. The housing crisis started this economoic collapse and it won't end untll the floor has been put back under housing, which is something Obama and his stimulus doesn't do.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,815,479 times
Had McCain/Palin won, no way the stock market tanks as it did. This is pure Obamanomics.

Funny to see the hype before the election and now the dem blame game.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Had McCain/Palin won, no way the stock market tanks as it did. This is pure Obamanomics.

Even though they were warned repeatedly what his election would result in.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:54 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,910,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If Obama's elected,stock market will rise 1000 pts, if McCain's elected, it drops 2000 pts, because it's more Bushnomics. Obama brings hope of a rejuvinated America, McCain brings the dismay of another four Bush-like years.
Wow you were wrong. That other guy on the other thread was spot on. Spend spend and more spending =Obamanomics.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,375,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post

Can humble pie be served ala mode?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM

7,881 posts, read 9,073,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post
At this rate, we don't have a couple of years. That is one of the reasons people were opposed to this stimulus plan. Building projects take years to even get approved, never mind completed.

The more we see how this plan isn't going to work, the more I think that politician who had the give everyone a $10,000 debit card idea was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections