U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM

47,585 posts, read 36,146,563 times

Advertisements

My prediction: Liberals blame Bush for everything bad that has happened in the world for the last 8 years but I bet they decide to go on blaming him for a few years longer.

In fact I believe that when it's all said in done, Bush should have been given a third term because if the stock market doesn't start rising Jan 21 and full employment isn't achieved, it's still going to be Bush's fault. If we're not in great shape a year from now, it will still be solely the fault of Bush. And even if in 4 years things aren't wonderful, it will still be all completely Bush and Bush alone.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM

8,911 posts, read 7,486,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My prediction: Liberals blame Bush for everything bad that has happened in the world for the last 8 years but I bet they decide to go on blaming him for a few years longer.

In fact I believe that when it's all said in done, Bush should have been given a third term because if the stock market doesn't start rising Jan 21 and full employment isn't achieved, it's still going to be Bush's fault. If we're not in great shape a year from now, it will still be solely the fault of Bush. And even if in 4 years things aren't wonderful, it will still be all completely Bush and Bush alone.
Exactly.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 AM

796 posts, read 1,524,834 times
Talking what did the prophet say -

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I hope you didn't make any big bets on this.

So what's the next big prediction? Or would someone else like to state theirs?
How about the USA is about all gone and come your grandchildrens day it will be a cesspool on the order of Bangladesh. My old man said after wonderful wonderful II that the USA would never win again at war. So far he has been right on. Don't tell me about that great victory in Grenada or other bug squashing operations.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 AM

43,453 posts, read 47,441,727 times
Noit much of a confidence vote on Obama. He is about as popular as the two year old democratic congress;lower tahn bush and the lowest in history.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:31 AM

5,129 posts, read 3,040,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Total Rubish -- BUSH is in office and NO MATTER WHO WON-- we are in trouble for a long time and have a hard road ahead of us to dig us out of the ruin of the last 8 years. I suggest you grow up and stop trying to blame Obama for anything over the economic depression that happened on your daddys watch. You have totally lost your marbles and are being an extreme hater not even making sense anymore.

You obviously do not understand investors and how they think. People are anticipating what will happen when Taxobama takes control so they pull out now. The stock market under Bush was the highest EVER!! Once people realized that Obama was going to get elected they began to sell off in the anticipation of his plans. You can ***** about the war and blame it on Bush but the stock market under him was the BEST it ever has been. The only thing I will give Obama is that the end of the year people do tend to sell off a bit more anyway but this mass sell off it very much in part with Obama taking office.'

Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 AM

47,585 posts, read 36,146,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You obviously do not understand investors and how they think. People are anticipating what will happen when Taxobama takes control so they pull out now. The stock market under Bush was the highest EVER!! Once people realized that Obama was going to get elected they began to sell off in the anticipation of his plans. You can ***** about the war and blame it on Bush but the stock market under him was the BEST it ever has been. The only thing I will give Obama is that the end of the year people do tend to sell off a bit more anyway but this mass sell off it very much in part with Obama taking office.'
Not to mention that more people than ever own expensive big-screen televisions, even college students. More people than ever have unlimited text messaging, iPhones, expensive iPods -- none of those $10 - $20 radios that people used back in the Clinton years. More people are in college than ever before, even those who previously would have been blocked because of admission requirements.

There are problems of course with the Bush economy but Obama is another big corporation globalist and has voted for every big government social spending bill that was put before him.

The problem is -- Obama is promising a new minimum wage of $9.50 an hour, make work government programs for college students that pay $40 an hour so they can call it "service" and get their college tuition paid. Obama is promising free and unlimited health care for all, a massive amnesty program for foreigners here illegally and all those who are not yet here.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,114,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
No actually it has a lot to do with who is in the White House. And right now BUSH IS STILL IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!
Can you list specifics as to the faltering economy and stock market with respect to Bush's policies?

The economy cycles and there would never have been an investment bank bailout had Clinton double-checked his lousy policies. The "a house for everyone even if they can't afford it" had nothing to do with the current administration. If you cared to understand the truth you would already know that.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,425,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If Obama's elected,stock market will rise 1000 pts, if McCain's elected, it drops 2000 pts, because it's more Bushnomics. Obama brings hope of a rejuvinated America, McCain brings the dismay of another four Bush-like years.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 AM

11,279 posts, read 8,291,028 times
I'm reading about the 2.5 million new jobs and the infrastructure improvements. I'm down with that, maybe not the green environmental technology plans because economists have said thats pie in the sky or off the table for the next several years.
But we're broke so the money will have to come from somewhere. I'd say this means thta unversal healthcare is an early casualty, or we raise taxes, hurting an already crippled economy, or we cut spending on other social programs.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:21 PM

5,527 posts, read 6,149,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
The stock market and the economy are two different things and the reason the stock market was at it's highest is the reason we are in this mess now. People making money investing using sub prime mortgages as collateral/money and now that they are defaulting it's resetting itself to pre-sub prime numbers. Highest under Bush yes......but it's also dropping like a stone under him to.

To sit here and say that people were selling because there was an inkling that Obama may get elected is ridiculous. The market was dropping before the primaries were finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections