Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:39 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I would guess this is likely the result of Obama's "overated" TV infomercial.
I would further guess that the one-day Zogby bump for McCain is a statistical fluke (we should know for sure tomorrow).

Ken

Along with the Zogby one day polling nonsense, notice the claim from last night that Gallup would be down to a 2% lead for Obama..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ll-mccain.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Now THIS qualifies as NEWS YOU CAN USE...

Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,469,386 times
Quote:
I would guess this is likely the result of Obama's "overated" TV infomercial.
I would further guess that the one-day Zogby bump for McCain is a statistical fluke (we should know for sure tomorrow).

Ken
You better get out and "solicit" in your state of Arizona before McCain gets embarrassed.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:47 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,278,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Along with the Zogby one day polling nonsense, notice the claim from last night that Gallup would be down to a 2% lead for Obama..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ll-mccain.html
Yeah, it's pretty clear that Obama's nationwide lead has stabilized somewhere between 6-7% or so and that nothing that McCain has tried (including a smear campaign) has had any affect in changing that. Personally, I think folks are just "burned out" on the whole "Obama hangs with crooks and terrorists" thing. There has just been way too much of it, that has gone on for way too long and each time the so-called "links" have been proven to be pretty insubstantial and unimportant. After a while it becomes sort of a "cry wolf" kind of situation where most people just shrug it off - especially in light of the major problems the country is facing. The Obamabashers of course eat it up, but the regular folks just don't care that much.

Ken

Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,278,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You better get out and "solicit" in your state of Arizona before McCain gets embarrassed.
Why would I do that? First of all I'm firmly behind Obama and secondly I own retirement property in AZ but still live in Seattle.

Frankly I think it's a long shot that McCain will lose AZ - but you never can tell. More convinced than ever though that Obama is heading towards an Electoral blowout on Tuesday.

Ken

Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 AM

703 posts, read 854,067 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty clear that Obama's nationwide lead has stabilized somewhere between 6-7% or so and that nothing that McCain has tried (including a smear campaign) has had any affect in changing that. Personally, I think folks are just "burned out" on the whole "Obama hangs with crooks and terrorists" thing. There has just been way too much of it, that has gone on for way too long and each time the so-called "links" have been proven to be pretty insubstantial and unimportant. After a while it becomes sort of a "cry wolf" kind of situation where most people just shrug it off - especially in light of the major problems the country is facing. The Obamabashers of course eat it up, but the regular folks just don't care that much.

Ken
Cry Wolf is the perfect analogy and it's biting them on the a$$ hard, at this point.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:36 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,512,952 times
OMG! What happened to the huge breaking news that McCain leads Obama by 2 points?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,487,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
but only take them with you if influence their vote right? if they vote how you tell them fine, if not, throw them in a ditch right? you don't want people to vote, you want them to vote for your candidate.
I am fully prepared to throw my granny in a ditch if she doesn't vote exactly the way I want her to.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,510,726 times
Sweet news, but ALL of Obama supporters, make sure you get out there and vote. This could be one of the downfalls, about the last days in the campaign, is if enough folks think that he has it sewn up, they may stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections