Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Obama would be a good President? If so, vote and then post why?
Yes 33 47.83%
No 34 49.28%
Don't know 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 AM

858 posts, read 1,500,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I could list so many reasons, but I'm going to just make one point:

Look at how McCain ran his campaign.
Look at how Obama ran his campaign.

It's CLEAR who the better leader is.
Here's something for you to sit on. Obama does not run anything. He has people to tell him how to do everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I could list so many reasons, but I'm going to just make one point:

Look at how McCain ran his campaign.
Look at how Obama ran his campaign.

It's CLEAR who the better leader is.
Yeah, Obama lied about taking public money and McCain was restricted to being limited to how much he could raise by getting money from Feds which require standards.

Obama spent six to seven times what McCain spent, and guess what, it is about dead even, that isn't a great campaign.... That is poorly spent money by Obama to get each vote...

By that standard, guess what Obama will do for your taxes...

Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Here's something for you to sit on. Obama does not run his campaign. He has people to tell him how to do everything.
Yes, his "Handlers" run his campaign, not Obama. McCain has the same issues, but he has spent a lot less than Obama and the dollar per vote is about 8 bucks for Obama to each 1 buck for McCain....+-

That makes McCain's operation a lot more effective for the money spent... Obama can't claim that...

Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
He just makes sense,period.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post

Telling you what you want to hear, verses telling you the truth is a lot of streaching...

Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Telling you what you want to hear, verses telling you the truth is a lot of streaching...
I am not a sheep and do not just respond to 'what we want to hear',personally I am an objective listener. I also realize no politican is perfect.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:31 AM

858 posts, read 1,500,966 times
Quote:
I'm sure Hitler and Stalin made sense at the time, as well. I have some Arizona beach front property to sell you that just "makes sense"...

Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I am not a sheep and do not just respond to 'what we want to hear',personally I am an objective listener. I also realize no politican is perfect.
Granted, Politicians have a tendency to not tell the "Whole" story, but when they don't walk the line, they show more than what they talk.

Obama has shown me nothing other than he is a great speaker. Knows how to steal your money from earmarks, and spend money that isn't his.

McCain on the one issue of earmarks, has taken "0" since he was first in the Senate. That shows a lot more values, Obama just said he would suspend taking them for the Campaign, he plans on going right back to the old way if he loses.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Well Obama won, he is now going to be President for all of us.

I wish him well and hope he does his job as eliquently as his speeches.

The world is a very dangerous place and he is now in charge of keeping us safe.

We need to all stand behind him and support him as our President, we are Americans first, left and right second.

God speed to our troops and keep them safe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections