Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:37 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm sorry but this just doesn't have any credibility; your statement about verifying with the police that they were adults rather proves that. Apparently you didn't see anyone do it, and no one has been taken into custody for the vandalism of your property.
Good point. She didn't actually witness anything. Heck, nobody witnessed it. She merely assumes and claims that it was an Obama supporter who vandalized her signs. And then she proceeds to generalize that all Obamabots deserve no respect (translation: she feels she is justified in shooting and killing the next Obama supporter she comes across with who she suspects might be looking at her strange).

To the OP: it's good that you declared your intentions on this forum. Now the cops will have you as a prime suspect in case some Obama supporter ends up getting shot in your neighbrhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,046 times
Quote:
Funny how you libs label anyone with a firearm as "trigger happy." Sad. And, if you want to pray for someone to have restraint, you might want to start with the obamabots. As they've demonstrated to me, it is they who are seriously lacking in judgement and restraint.
I directed my comment directly to you and anyone else who thinks like you. Not all people who own firearms are spouting off about protecting their homes over something that has not happened nor are there any legitimate reasons to think it will happen.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 PM

703 posts, read 855,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Good point. She didn't actually witness anything. Heck, nobody witnessed it. She merely assumes and claims that it was an Obama supporter who vandalized her signs. And then she proceeds to generalize that all Obamabots deserve no respect (translation: she feels she is justified in shooting and killing the next Obama supporter she comes across with who she suspects might be looking at her strange).

To the OP: it's good that you declared your intentions on this forum. Now the cops will have you as a prime suspect in case some Obama supporter ends up getting shot in your neighbrhood.
Most of these people probably don't even have guns. It's a easy thing to claim when you're hiding behind a keyboard.

I'm sure some will tell me how wrong I am and get all big and bad, and just prove my point.

My husband and I have guns. Both of us come from families that hunt.

But I don't use them as some sort of menacing subtext in a rant thread and then, when called on it, claim that the subtext doesn't exist.

Which is why I look at these claims with a critical eye.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
After calling our local police to report this vandalism, I learned the angry little degenerates who were passing out the flyers were doing so this morning after 6:30. So...there is no doubt in my mind as to who did this.
Quote:
I verified with our police department that it was not teenagers, but adults.
#1 You called the police, wasting their time over damage to a sign that you got for FREE

#2 You seem as confused and inconsistent as the senile McCain. True republican rhetoric, "angry little degenerates...... there is no doubt in my mind..." then "verified with police .............. but adults " Gee sounds like the WMDs that Bush/Cheney/Rumsfled told us that they also knew "exactly where they are".

And again, you continue to waste the time of the police department over a free sign. You need a reality check of what is important, and what is not. Did you call 911, or the non-emergency line?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
#1 You called the police, wasting their time over damage to a sign that you got for FREE

#2 You seem as confused and inconsistent as the senile McCain. True republican rhetoric, "angry little degenerates...... there is no doubt in my mind..." Gee sounds like the WMDs that Bush/Cheney/Rumsfled told us that they also knew "exactly where they are".

And again, you continue to waste the time of the police department over a free sign. You need a reality check of what is important, and what is not. Did you call 911, or the non-emergency line?
The signs have become more than just signs, I think.

It feels like they represent something more, given all the emotion these incidents evoke.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
The signs have become more than just signs, I think.

It feels like they represent something more, given all the emotion these incidents evoke.
I think it's only the mentally unstable who get riled over this.

Vanalism of campaign signs has been going on since they were invented.
It's never provemn anything and has nothing to do with the issues....which may be the reason for this thread.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think it's only the mentally unstable who get riled over this.

Vanalism of campaign signs has been going on since they were invented.
It's never provemn anything and has nothing to do with the issues....which may be the reason for this thread.
Oh I agree, though I've been paying attention to politics since the mid 60s, and I've never seen people go so crazy about these signs.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,635 times
Based on the rantings of the OP my guess is that the folks who dorked with her sign were probably kids who were messing with the loon-lady of the neighborhood.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Based on the rantings of the OP my guess is that the folks who dorked with her sign were probably kids who were messing with the loon-lady of the neighborhood.
Yes, they knew they could push her buttons and my goodness, how they did just that.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Case in point..upon awakening this morning, we found a disgusting obama flyer in our door. After promptly ripping it to shreds, we noticed that one of our McCain/Palin signs had been bent, ripped and uprooted from our lawn. Now, this sign was in perfect shape when we got home from trick-or-treating last night. Additionally, when my husband went to work at 6:30 this morning, the sign was still in perfect shape. After calling our local police to report this vandalism, I learned the angry little degenerates who were passing out the flyers were doing so this morning after 6:30. So...there is no doubt in my mind as to who did this. And, yet another confirmation of why obamabots deserve no respect. As much as the sight of an obama sign sickens me (even though there are not many around here), I would never stoop so low as to tresspass onto someone's private property and destroy something that belonged to them. Much like their leader, it is clear the obmambots don't believe in free speech, don't like anyone who doesn't look or think like they do, and have no respect for themselves or other citizens. They are so angry and desperate in their sad quest that they think a juvenile act such as this will somehow validate their dangerous and irresponsible political views. Not only does it not, it only further proves they deserve no respect or consideration whatsoever.
But, they won't get on our property again. We've fixed the sign and plan to watch our property very carefully over the next several days. I can only imagine the outbreak of violence and stupidity when their guy loses. But, as a "bitter American clinging to my guns and religion," I will be exercising my Second Amendment rights and protecting my family and property to the fullest.
Disgusting Obama flyer.
Degenerates who were passing out the flyers.

Kind of says it all as to what kind of person YOU are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections