U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM

2,659 posts, read 1,705,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po the Patriot View Post
Mccain is a true American Hero , he has fought , bled , been tortured for our country he was tortured for over 5 years in a POW camp in Viet Nam.
He wasn't tortured for 5 years.

And he had an easier time in Hanoi than the other prisoners (from his own memoirs), as he was considered a prize capture.

Regardless, what is it that makes him a more competent presidential candidate than ANY other serviceman/woman?

Quote:
He is a man of his word , unlike Obama , when he committed to take public financing , he actually kept his word.
What? McCain lies constantly. Or he is simply dangerously uninformed.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,431,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po the Patriot View Post
Mccain is a true American Hero , he has fought , bled , been tortured for our country he was tortured for over 5 years in a POW camp in Viet Nam.

He is a man of his word , unlike Obama , when he committed to take public financing , he actually kept his word.
any time that man looks you in the eye and makes a promise to you , you can take it to the bank.

I defy you to say he is neither , if you do then you are a liar.

Palin is not abrasive , except to those who cannot handle that she is a woman who has a mind of her own and doesnt blindly follow the what they believe a woman has to in order to be a powerful , exceptional woman.

please try to actually look at the issues and dont color things with youer own hatreds of race or gender or the mindset that one or the other "should have" in order to be valid in your little mind.

Obama will drive us into a depression, I have stated it and it is a fact.
I personally and every other person I know who is in the stock market today will cash out if Obama is elected .
it will be a crash so hard people will be begging for "just" a 900 down day.
I am respectful of Senator McCain's service in the military, and I am horrified that he had to endure torture (I don't believe in any torture, even if the US govt. are the ones doing the torture), but with all respect, that does not make him a "hero."

As far as honorable: Keating, extra-marital affair, calling opponents foul names, and calling his wife the worst word of all. (As far as Obama going back on his word...go read what he proposed...that if he were the Democratic nominee he would negotiate with McCain to progressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election)

But, how is Sarah Palin a powerful, exceptional woman? I really don't need to get nit-picky about her performance as a gov. I do have problems with her mothering, but that is personal and has nothing to do with whether or not I think she is qualified to be VP. She isn't ready. What worries me more is that she seems to incite anger and hate at her rallies through lying and distortion of the truth(this can be documented).

The stock market does better under Democrats:

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/arti...ureinvest/3022

Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,953,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Your comments are subjective/qualitative
Well, exactly what do you expect?"

Quote:
What make a man a true American Hero, or an honorable man? I can build an arguement that he is neither.
This I would love to read. Please, so say.

Quote:
Palin is salt of the Earth? Is that why she's so abrasive?
The first statement I won't argue. However, "abrasive" is a bit abrasive, isn't it? How so?

Quote:
Please...look deeper into the real issues, don't let preconceptions guide your vote.
Please, follow your own begging.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Well, exactly what do you expect?"

This I would love to read. Please, so say.

The first statement I won't argue. However, "abrasive" is a bit abrasive, isn't it? How so?

Please, follow your own begging.
Answered a bit in the post before yours...

Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 PM

12,547 posts, read 12,068,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

And he had an easier time in Hanoi than the other prisoners (from his own memoirs), as he was considered a prize capture.

Regardless, what is it that makes him a more competent presidential candidate than ANY other serviceman/woman?
John McCain's capture and subsequent imprisonment began on October 26, 1967

Although McCain was badly wounded, his captors refused to treat his injuries, beating and interrogating him to get information; he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

McCain spent six weeks in the hospital while receiving marginal care.[33] By then having lost 50 pounds (23 kg), in a chest cast, and with his hair turned white

McCain was sent to a different camp on the outskirts of Hanoi[40] in December 1967, into a cell with two other Americans who did not expect him to live a week.[41] In March 1968, McCain was put into solitary confinement, where he would remain for two years.[42]

In August 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain.[45] He was subjected to rope bindings and repeated beatings every two hours, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery.[33][45] Further injuries led to the beginning of a suicide attempt, stopped by guards.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Miborn; 11-03-2008 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,953,962 times
Quote:
Answered a bit in the post before yours...
No answers, no problem. What McCain did in his past is just that, past (passed). If he really, truly called his wife that name, well, evidently it didn't effect/affect her, cause she's still supporting him, is she not? So he calls others foul names, so what? As I understand it, his "extra-marital" affair was not an unknown to his wife at the time. As I understand it, he was forgiven for the affair. As I understand it, this was between his wife and him, not you nor me. So what? And at 76 or whatever age he is now, do you think he'll be entertaining a sweet young thing in the Oval Office, playing with cigars? Sheez, lady, give me a break. Are you "perfect?" I'm not, and I never claim perfection, but I'm always working on it.

Now, Ms. Palin. You yack on and on that she is not "prepared." The only person I've ever know who IS prepared is the incumbent having won a second term. And even that is questionable. So she preaches abstinence and her daughter is preggers? So what? Are you overly concerned the child will not be loved, will be so hated as to be aborted, that the father will not assume his responsibilities, whether they marry or not? Gosh, you really don't give the younger generation much credit, eh? So, Ms. Palin is abrasive. So what? Perhaps being abrasive is better at getting the attention of the recipient, when the recipient cannot see the forest for the trees, eh?

I really don't care anymore, one way or the other. I've voted, and I voted McCain/Palin. Everywhere else, I voted Libertarian, except when there was only a Republican or Democrat in the chase. Then I voted Republican. Why? Why not? I would have voted Libertarian, i.e., Barr, had this election not been so important in my mind.

Bless your heart, chile!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
No answers, no problem. What McCain did in his past is just that, past (passed). If he really, truly called his wife that name, well, evidently it didn't effect/affect her, cause she's still supporting him, is she not? So he calls others foul names, so what? As I understand it, his "extra-marital" affair was not an unknown to his wife at the time. As I understand it, he was forgiven for the affair. As I understand it, this was between his wife and him, not you nor me. So what? And at 76 or whatever age he is now, do you think he'll be entertaining a sweet young thing in the Oval Office, playing with cigars? Sheez, lady, give me a break. Are you "perfect?" I'm not, and I never claim perfection, but I'm always working on it.

Now, Ms. Palin. You yack on and on that she is not "prepared." The only person I've ever know who IS prepared is the incumbent having won a second term. And even that is questionable. So she preaches abstinence and her daughter is preggers? So what? Are you overly concerned the child will not be loved, will be so hated as to be aborted, that the father will not assume his responsibilities, whether they marry or not? Gosh, you really don't give the younger generation much credit, eh? So, Ms. Palin is abrasive. So what? Perhaps being abrasive is better at getting the attention of the recipient, when the recipient cannot see the forest for the trees, eh?

I really don't care anymore, one way or the other. I've voted, and I voted McCain/Palin. Everywhere else, I voted Libertarian, except when there was only a Republican or Democrat in the chase. Then I voted Republican. Why? Why not? I would have voted Libertarian, i.e., Barr, had this election not been so important in my mind.

Bless your heart, chile!
I'm not talking about his wife, or his other wife, or if I think he might have a "sweet young thing" in the white house...you said he was honorable...and I said an "honorable" man does not treat others abusively.

My disagreement with Sarah Palin has nothing to do with her daughter becoming pregnant...shocked? It has to do with her NOT spending the time with her son that he needs and deserved, but I did say that was a personal choice and has nothing to do with her not being ready to serve as VP and being a heartbeat away from the presidency. She has NO national experience. Search online and see who does support her...many top Republicans don't either. Like I said...she is abrasive because she she incites hate and division. (by spreading lies and using language that incites fear, such as trying to link Senator Obama to terrorists.)

You say you were still waiting for answers...did I miss something in the previous post?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM

835 posts, read 850,922 times
McCain was never my first choice and still is not my first choice but he is the best choice for this election!

McCain will lower corp. taxes to 25% making the US competitive with other OCED countries as currently we are the second highest taxing country until the end of this year when Japan will lower their tax making us the highest.

McCain served as a POW longer than Nobama has been a US senator.....

McCain has an energy plan and a VP that has more experience in this field than any other candidate that ran for any party. McCain is the only candidate to choose a running mate that has actually run something. You cannot manage this economy when neither person on the ticket has any executive experience. It is estimated that 50% of all small businesses fail....I want to elect a team that has successfully run a state and small business.

McCain will defend and protect this country...Nobama will cut our military spending by 25% while raising taxes on all Americans for his civilian military.

Nobama and his cronies Reid and Pelosi will steal our 401K's and Roth IRA's while forcing us to contribute to a new program. We will be forced to contribute 5% of our earnings on top of the 6.2% we already contribute to the SS fund....we will no longer be able to deduct these contributions from our taxable income and yet we will be taxed upon receipt of these funds.....upon your death the govt. will seize 50% of your acct. leaving only 50% for your heirs.....the hearings have already taken place and the plans have been made for this theft to occur if Nobama is elected.

Nobama will raise my taxes to 58-60% while McCain will lower them by 10% and allow for a $5000 tax credit for my health insurance.

McCain will ensure the solvency of my company by lowering my corp. taxes and allowing me to hire more employees....Nobama will force me to lay off employees....how many of my 30 Middle Class workers should lose their jobs and career?

Nobama has a shady past and too many criminals he has been friends with and lied about. McCain was innocent in the Keating 5 findings however John Glenn one of Nobama's top advisors was found guilty...

I don't trust Nobama.
Biden and Hill/Bill Inc. trust McCain more than they trust Nobama as their statements have proven time and time again....

McCain has a short term and long term energy plan, he will cut govt. spending forcing a freeze on budgets and cutting all pork, he will lower taxes on business ensuring the economy can pull through this slow-down and he will help small business owners like myself who acct. for over 75% of all new jobs in this country.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 PM

260 posts, read 33,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

What? McCain lies constantly. Or he is simply dangerously uninformed.

Obama wasn't to be bothered actually serving in the military and in point of fact cannot pass the security background check to be an FBI agent.

Mccain does not lie constantly , if he has to chnage a thing he has said he would do it tears at him and is only done if there is not ohter way to go

Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM

4,090 posts, read 3,194,331 times
There is no substitute for experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections