Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times

Advertisements

For roughly a week and a half, I've faithfully logged in to my Yahoo! Mail account to see if what I was noticing was my imagination or reality. On the Welcome page, there are always the latest headlines. You know which screen I am talking about? The one that says how many messages you have. Below that, they place all the latest headlines, and Yahoo consistently---and I do mean, consistently--favors Obama. Not only do they favor Obama, they GUSH over Obama, and they absolutely and blatantly fabricate the McCain side of things. For instance, about 5pm today, the headline was:

Obama supporters happy, McCain supporters unhappy and not likely to vote

I beg your pardon? Is this a joke?

Not at all. This is par for the course since September, but I only noticed the daily/hourly change this past week.

Now, at 9pm, here are the top headlines on the Welcome page:

Final weekend: Obama confident, McCain seeks upset (AP)

AP - Warmed by the cheers of thousands, John McCain and Barack Obama plunged through the final weekend of their marathon race for the White House, the Republican digging for an upset while his confident-sounding rival told supporters, "We can change this country."

A campaign for the ages, tilting toward Democrats (AP)
Cautious joy as blacks imagine Obama win (AP)
Green prisons farm, recycle to save energy, money (AP)
No big sellers in sight to save troubled Chrysler (AP)

What the eff, Yahoo? What the freaking EFF?!

I guess I'll be removing my Yahoo email account...and I'll be telling everyone else I know to do the same. No way will I support their advertising...what a bunch of baloney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Wonder if Sarah Palin has noticed that as she uses Yahoo mail for Alaskan governmental business.

Or you could watch Faux for a little balance in the bias you feel you are suffering. Oh wait the McCain/Palin act is so bad that even Faux has been panning them

Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM

703 posts, read 855,688 times
I don't see the issue. They are AP feeds.

I doubt it's an attempt at voter suppression.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
For roughly a week and a half, I've faithfully logged in to my Yahoo! Mail account to see if what I was noticing was my imagination or reality. On the Welcome page, there are always the latest headlines. You know which screen I am talking about? The one that says how many messages you have. Below that, they place all the latest headlines, and Yahoo consistently---and I do mean, consistently--favors Obama. Not only do they favor Obama, they GUSH over Obama, and they absolutely and blatantly fabricate the McCain side of things. For instance, about 5pm today, the headline was:

Not at all. This is par for the course since September, but I only noticed the daily/hourly change this past week.

AP - Warmed by the cheers of thousands, John McCain and Barack Obama plunged through the final weekend of their marathon race for the White House, the Republican digging for an upset while his confident-sounding rival told supporters, "We can change this country."

I guess I'll be removing my Yahoo email account...and I'll be telling everyone else I know to do the same. No way will I support their advertising...what a bunch of baloney.
Go to AOL. It's the exact opposite. You'll be much happier there, I guess.

Are you really a mother? I just noticed your status message. Very wrong.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
How Google and Yahoo news work: OJR article: Balancing Act: How News Portals Serve Up Political Stories

Old 11-01-2008, 08:31 PM

213 posts, read 336,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

We already did for the same reasons you state. Can you just imagine the hysteria if barry were on the receiving end of the negative headlines and biased attacks? Good Lord, he and his followers are distraught that one news service, Fox News, actually has the audacity to provide balanced, fair news reports. They seem to forget about CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, ABC, NBC, CBS...or as I like to call them, the obama PR outreach. I guess when you're obama, there can only be one source of news...what he tells the networks to say and any news service that chooses to do its own reporting is subject to the blacklist, much like the reporter in Florida who had the gall to actually throw a real question at biden. Scary and sad. Thanks for the post.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Old man's media coverage negative cuz media covering negative old*man - 236.com - News
This comes from a biased site, I do believe - so be aware of that.

It sums up my reaction to cries of media bias.
If McCain had run a better, more positive campaign - he wouldn't see as much bias.

But there were lots of mistakes, lots of fear and hate that surround his campaign.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Wonder if Sarah Palin has noticed that as she uses Yahoo mail for Alaskan governmental business.

Or you could watch Faux for a little balance in the bias you feel you are suffering. Oh wait the McCain/Palin act is so bad that even Faux has been panning them
Do you ever have anything meaningful to contribute?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
We already did for the same reasons you state. Can you just imagine the hysteria if barry were on the receiving end of the negative headlines and biased attacks? Good Lord, he and his followers are distraught that one news service, Fox News, actually has the audacity to provide balanced, fair news reports. They seem to forget about CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, ABC, NBC, CBS...or as I like to call them, the obama PR outreach. I guess when you're obama, there can only be one source of news...what he tells the networks to say and any news service that chooses to do its own reporting is subject to the blacklist, much like the reporter in Florida who had the gall to actually throw a real question at biden. Scary and sad. Thanks for the post.

Obama is entitled to this presidency - just ask him. The media bias has virtually insured a win for him.
He is so out of touch, he cannot fathom that everyone does not buy 100% the crap he is selling.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
Of course,all the big money is nervous about Obama redistributing the wealth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections