Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:31 PM

355 posts, read 554,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If Barack Obama wins this election on Tuesday night, please don't panic if you hear the song by James Brown "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" blasting on radios or nearby homes. Please dont' think that there's some uprising that is about to happen. It's just Black folks partying. No need to be afraid.

I'm not afraid. It will mean the best man won. Our skin color might be different, but I'm pretty sure our brains all look pretty much the same. Some are just more empty than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,124 times
Another you will hear for sure is "Celebration"! I forget who sang it,an oldie but a goodie!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Another you will hear for sure is "Celebration"! I forget who sang it,an oldie but a goodie!
Kool and the Gang

Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,422,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If Barack Obama wins this election on Tuesday night, please don't panic if you hear the song by James Brown "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" blasting on radios or nearby homes. Please dont' think that there's some uprising that is about to happen. It's just Black folks partying. No need to be afraid.

Yea more European Americans are voting for Obama than McCain, so we'll party also, sorry it's not just your party.....but we'll be playing "celebration" and all of Bruce Springsteen's greatest hits...

Old 11-02-2008, 09:35 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,272,598 times
All you party people....please try to be moral and proper. Remember, he is an elitist and maybe doesn't appreciate rap, James Brown, and your other plans. Keep it prim and proper.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Good idea to be well armed, just in case? And a few days after, to hide my guns from Obama and Pelosi, as well as other gun grabbers in Congress.
I live right outside Chicago which will be 'Party Central'. DH and I plan to have our own festivities which will consist of sitting on the couch and watching the 'revelers' on TV (me with a Glock, him with a 12 gauge) all the while hoping they do not get more than a few blocks away.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I live right outside Chicago which will be 'Party Central'. DH and I plan to have our own festivities which will consist of sitting on the couch and watching the 'revelers' on TV (me with a Glock, him with a 12 gauge) all the while hoping they do not get more than a few blocks away.
Good ideas

I am so glad I live far away from such potential problems. But up here everyone is armed to the teeth. Guns and ammo sale has been sky high for a couple of weeks now.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:42 PM

511 posts, read 658,356 times
Quote:
i live right outside chicago which will be 'party central'. Dh and i plan to have our own festivities which will consist of sitting on the couch and watching the 'revelers' on tv (me with a glock, him with a 12 gauge) all the while hoping they do not get more than a few blocks away.:d
huh?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,272,598 times
Quote:
That's scary. What will happen if he loses? You may have to move to a safer place.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 PM

703 posts, read 855,457 times
Rub-a-dub! Inna hot tub!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections