U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 22,983,522 times
Reputation: 7957

Advertisements

MyFox Detroit | No Treats for Obama Supporters (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7768833&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)
She had her porch light on for Halloween but when kids came to trick-or-treat she refused to give out candy to them if they supported Obama. She even had a yard sign saying no candy for Obama supporters. I applaud the Obama supporter neighbor who put up his own signs saying he supported Obama and would give out candy to everyone. Halloween trick-or-treat is not the time for this kind of crap. You don't want to give Obama supporters candy (never mind the fact that they can't even VOTE@!*) then turn off your porch light and hold a Halloween party for likeminded families at your home. Is there such a thing as being a Halloween Grinch or Halloween Scrooge? If there is then she's that person. My family stopped handing out candy years ago because of the teenagers and adults who do trick-or-treating and did so without a costume and without children and if you refused to give them candy they'd threaten you or your home. Some have even slashed neighbors tires. We leave our light off and don't participate in Halloween anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,051,174 times
Reputation: 1853
Some Mccain supporters seem like bitter individuals that don't know when to give up. Its going to be silence, when Obama win the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 AM
 
Location: SO-CAL
635 posts, read 1,124,054 times
Reputation: 2746
yes, the silence will be shock and awe!!! that America has fell so low morally that the evidence of the associates and connections that Obama has had have no bearing on the decision making or the hearts of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
 
Location: SO-CAL
635 posts, read 1,124,054 times
Reputation: 2746
BTW to the OP..... I do agree that this McCain supporter was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:19 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,638,390 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
MyFox Detroit | No Treats for Obama Supporters (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7768833&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)
She had her porch light on for Halloween but when kids came to trick-or-treat she refused to give out candy to them if they supported Obama. She even had a yard sign saying no candy for Obama supporters. I applaud the Obama supporter neighbor who put up his own signs saying he supported Obama and would give out candy to everyone. Halloween trick-or-treat is not the time for this kind of crap. You don't want to give Obama supporters candy (never mind the fact that they can't even VOTE@!*) then turn off your porch light and hold a Halloween party for likeminded families at your home. Is there such a thing as being a Halloween Grinch or Halloween Scrooge? If there is then she's that person. My family stopped handing out candy years ago because of the teenagers and adults who do trick-or-treating and did so without a costume and without children and if you refused to give them candy they'd threaten you or your home. Some have even slashed neighbors tires. We leave our light off and don't participate in Halloween anymore.
So you leave your lights off and dont participate rather then give candy out to McCain supporters? (tongue in cheek)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:22 AM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,250,428 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Some Mccain supporters seem like bitter individuals that don't know when to give up. Its going to be silence, when Obama win the election.
The party of hatred and fear, and what better two examples than McCain and Palin to succeed Bush and Cheney, as the torch bearers of hatred and fear. That is if hatred and fear are what drives your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Location: east coast
218 posts, read 420,522 times
Reputation: 144
Default that's so true

In your own words you said it. But not only will McCain supporters be silence, but anyone who disagrees with Obama. So when we become a dictate America everyone will be silence. Hope you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Some Mccain supporters seem like bitter individuals that don't know when to give up. Its going to be silence, when Obama win the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 AM
 
1,544 posts, read 1,822,217 times
Reputation: 276
Liiberal plants are at it again!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,638,390 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The party of hatred and fear, and what better two examples than McCain and Palin to succeed Bush and Cheney, as the torch bearers of hatred and fear. That is if hatred and fear are what drives your life.
Two sentences, and you used "hatred" and "fear" three times. Are you sure your not reflecting upon yourself in your postings? You sure look full of "hatred" and "fear" with this post..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,638,390 times
Reputation: 9357
Ahh, the story is about someone in Detroit. Saying no candy to Obama supporters was a way to only give out candy to a handful of individuals. They cant afford to give candy to all living there..

What better way to get kids informed about politics then make them work (walk up to the door) and then tell them they arent rewarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top