Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,572,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business owner tax payer View Post
I'm not trying to do anything illegal & I sure don't avoid taxes - I get hit with everything from Federal to state to local. I am asking about the advice I've been given to join other business owners in sending our capital abroad to fund business opportunities there.
I don't think you have anything to be worried about - Obama is NOT going after small businesses. Is your PROFIT over 250,000? If not, you are not affected.

He wants to go after the foreign operations that big companies, like Pharmaceuticals, set up offshore purely as tax havens - they set up phony front offices offshore and use them to avoid US taxes.

Do you fit that category???

Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,727,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Business owner tax payer View Post
I own a small business, and I don't consider myself wealthy, but maybe I am under Obama's definition. Anyway, I have received information from multiple sources advising me that if Obama wins the election, I will only have from November 5 until the inauguration in January to get my money out of the country, else Obama's first acts will be to make it almost impossible for me to do so. These sources have been credible in the past, but I can't find any confirming information one way or the other. Has anyone else gotten this advice & if so, do you plan to act on it?
I hope you and the rest of your “credible” sources pack up and leave this country. Good riddance to all of you cry baby’s. All this moronic panicking because you will have to pay another 3% in taxable income over $250k is pathetic.
GET A GRIP! If you are so scared of paying another 3% that you would risk going to another country where the taxes will most likely be MORE and chances of making a successful business work much more of a gamble, then go now. Get out and take your “credible sources” with you.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,021,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I hope you and the rest of your “credible” sources pack up and leave this country. Good riddance to all of you cry baby’s. All this moronic panicking because you will have to pay another 3% in taxable income over $250k is pathetic.
GET A GRIP! If you are so scared of paying another 3% that you would risk going to another country where the taxes will most likely be MORE and chances of making a successful business work much more of a gamble, then go now. Get out and take your “credible sources” with you.
I second that.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,140,533 times
closed pending further notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections