Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times

Advertisements

So the Palin reckons she might give running for President a try, according to her prank interview. Can you see the Republicans forgetting, forgiving or even nominating her in 8 years?

Is there any hope of higher office for Sarah? The Senate maybe?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,465,698 times
Believe it or not, religious conservatives are actually advocating for it. Sounds like 2008 might be the beginning of a major rift in the GOP:

Tales from the Trail » Blog Archive » Secretive conservative meeting set for next week | Blogs | Reuters.com

Edit: Although this source is a blog, it cites articles in the NYT and Politico.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
I think so. People like Sarah (upbeat personality, ambition, a political niche, conservatism) always have a bright future in America. Also, Americans are able to reinvent themselves pretty easily. Who would have thought Hillary Clinton would become the champion of moderate, working class Democrats...really?

I wouldn't be surprised if she became a senator, congresswoman, or talk show host (Think, Mike Huckabee). At any rate, we'll definitely see more of Sarah in the years ahead.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
There will ALWAYS be idiots who vote for their own kind.

You know...other idiots.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,707 times
she has more experience than obama and is a woman. i don't doubt that she will try to run, would be interesting to see 2 woman running for president at the same time next election.

but hillary has more experience than any real politician in the spotlight atm, i don't see her getting passed up again.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
So the Palin reckons she might give running for President a try, according to her prank interview. Can you see the Republicans forgetting, forgiving or even nominating her in 8 years?

Probably not.

BTW, checked out your picture... poor kitty.

Check mine out!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
I could see her elected as a Senator, but I'll bet she sells out for a show on Fox.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,381 times
Quote:

I expect her to run in 2012. Assuming, for the sake of discussion, that she doesn't win in 2012, then the likelihood of a candidacy in 2016 probably depends on a combination of how far she got in 2012 and how much of a laughing stock she was in the run.

Looking at Dan Quayle's post-Bush career is a bit informative, but she comes across as a lot less maladroit than he did in his years in the White House.

But, as I think about it, a lot may be dictated by where any of the ethics crap being thrown at her goes, as well. If it leaves landmines for the future, then her prospects decline.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Quote:

Everybody seems to be assuming a Obama victory. Don't be so sure, I think the Bradley effect, or whatever you want to call it, will come into play.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
There will ALWAYS be idiots who vote for their own kind.

You know...other idiots.
Oh, you mean like 99% of Blacks voting for Obama? I got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections