U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:49 PM

11,102 posts, read 8,202,357 times

Advertisements

Toby Keith is and always was an asshat and wannabe badazz(he believes his own PR crap).He sucked up to Bush and the patriot game for money and to ride the coat tails of the majority.Now the tide has shifted and all of a sudden he's gonna shift where the dollars are.He'll always be a no talent buttwad in my eyes.He needs a "Boot in the ass".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:38 PM

12,376 posts, read 6,554,017 times
This is nothing new. Toby Keith has always called himself a conservative Democrat and when asked if he'd changed his mind about supporting the Iraq War, he replied "I never did."

Personally, I don't know what a person can be made of if he'll stand next to Bush at a campaign rally, a man who launched a war that Keith admits he doesn't believe in, and support that man, and then claim to be a friend of the troops.

Last edited by djacques; 11-02-2008 at 09:48 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 PM

2,548 posts, read 3,566,651 times
Didn't Hanoi Jane entertain some troops too! I don't think she was very patriotic to the USA though!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,045,724 times
who cares who Toby Keith supports??

Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,387,589 times
Skinheads support McCain, but the anti Obama people are more concerned about terriorists "supporting" Obama?
McCain would get us in WW3, Obama is way more likely to end these wars.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 AM

956 posts, read 744,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Didn't Hanoi Jane entertain some troops too! I don't think she was very patriotic to the USA though!
Jane Fonda is an actress, not an entertainer. No .... she did not entertain the troops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
.............McCain would get us in WW3, Obama is way more likely to end these wars.
Really. Do you have something substantial to support your theory that McCain would "get us in WW#"?

Obama has said nothing to suggest that he would not go to war. He said he would get out of Iraq ... very different.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 AM

426 posts, read 412,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Toby Keith is and always was an asshat and wannabe badazz(he believes his own PR crap).He sucked up to Bush and the patriot game for money and to ride the coat tails of the majority.Now the tide has shifted and all of a sudden he's gonna shift where the dollars are.He'll always be a no talent buttwad in my eyes.He needs a "Boot in the ass".
This "my friend" we agree on!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM

11,102 posts, read 8,202,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
This "my friend" we agree on!
Common ground "my friends" can usually be found.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM

12,376 posts, read 6,554,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Jane Fonda is an actress, not an entertainer. No .... she did not entertain the troops.

Free The Army tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many troops found it entertaining is debatable, but this would count.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:38 PM

2,790 posts, read 4,090,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
sorry, but republicans don't have an exclusive market on patriotism. As much as you guys would like to believe. We just don't necessarily think it has to go with NASCAR.
Amen! I have been this for years. Are any of you old enough to remember Vietnam? I would like to think if we learned anything at all from that war, it is this:

Our troops do not make policy. They are doing their job. They are deserving of our support whatever the policy by virtue that they are willing to lay down their lives to guarantee our freedoms.

Washington makes policy, it is their job and sometimes they are not very good at it. Washington works for the people, not the other way around, and when the people are displeased they have every right to let Washington know about it.

It is entirely possible to disagree with the administration and still support our troops. In fact, it is our duty to let Washington know if we are displeased out of our loyalty to our troops. As a military mom, I do it every single day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections