U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
LML

7,091 posts, read 5,271,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
All Americans carry the burden of slavery, because it is an institution that ultimately hindered our progress as a nation.
Amen. Some white folks don't seem to realize that, while black folks have paid a higher price, racism has warped and crippled the entire country.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

5,031 posts, read 7,827,891 times
He won't be the first black President. There were five others who had black blood. BHO may be the first with darker skin, that's all. He will be our 44th President; the rest is irrelevant.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM

189 posts, read 286,167 times
I wouldnt think twice about voting for a black president, however Obama's lack of character is the biggest deterrent to me. His associations with a racist minister, radical domestic terrorists, and his flip- flopping on major issues make him a character of dubious integrity in my opinion.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 AM

23,933 posts, read 19,831,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

No, forcing everyone to insure their kids is what exactly?
Intelligent, progressive and humane. It's not that he will be "forcing" everyone to insure their kids. It will be that he will make sure that insurance is available to every child, something that is not the case right now.........

Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 AM

5,338 posts, read 11,671,681 times
Non-issue in this day and age. But the media will not see it that way.

Personally I am scared to death that we will have a politician in the white house that is from Chicago. If anyone knows anything about how the game of politics is done in Chicago - they will know what I am talking about.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 AM

12,360 posts, read 7,973,796 times
Quote:
All Americans carry the burden of slavery, because it is an institution that ultimately hindered our progress as a nation.

it is funny that liberal democrats want wealth redistribution, which is taking money from others, and yet object to slavery, which was taking labor from others. both are intrinsically evil, when you take from anybody else, either rich or poor and both have consequences.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 AM

3,256 posts, read 3,206,490 times
Quote:
Intelligent, progressive and humane. It's not that he will be "forcing" everyone to insure their kids. It will be that he will make sure that insurance is available to every child, something that is not the case right now.........
We force everyone to insure their cars and homes, but kids are less important I guess. So much for the prolife party.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 AM

23,667 posts, read 19,229,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Although I am not voting for either candidate, I think the possibility that America may be electing the first non-White president is quite exciting. Regardless of who Obama is or what he believes in, I think this will be a historical mark and it will definitely motivate other Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women and other "minorities" to run for office in the future. Even countries like Liberia,Argentina,and the Philippines have women as leaders. I think that if Obama gets elected, the historical significance of these elections will be remembered for many years to come and this should be very exciting!!
What may be more significant is that we will have elected our first clearly bi-racial candidate. That will be of far greater significance and closer to the factual reality.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 AM

1,797 posts, read 3,826,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
They already said if Obama wins it will be a very emotional historical event. I know I will shed tears of happiness for Barack Obama! And will also say a prayer to protect him and his lovely family!
DITTO!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:32 AM

23,933 posts, read 19,831,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it is funny that liberal democrats want wealth redistribution, which is taking money from others, and yet object to slavery, which was taking labor from others. both are intrinsically evil, when you take from anybody else, either rich or poor and both have consequences.

There is no comparison between the two, and it is reprehensible that you would even attempt to make one.

And in any event......what in the hell does this have to do with my statement? I'll tell you what. Absolutely nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections