Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,160,578 times

Advertisements

I just got home from the McCain Ralley. Pro's and con's
I'll start with the cons first.
1. The entertainment was weak at best.
2. McCain and company was over an hour late.
3. Building was too small for the crowd.
4. It seemed a bit disorganized.
The pro's
1. Good guest speakers, had a clear message and delivered well.
2. No rude or obnoxious people seemed to be in attendance.
3. Everyone was up beat and positive. In other words no one was spouting racial, sexist or political hate rhetoric.
4. McCain when he arrived he delivered a good performance. A performance that would have served him well had he did it more often.
What I did not see or hear.
1. Attacks against Obama's character. None what so ever.
There were a few attacks against Obama's ideas. I happened to agree with the attacks.
There was attacks against Barney Frank. Justifiable attacks I might add.
2. McCain talked about what made him more qualified to be commander and chief. He made some strong points.
3. The economy. Now is not the time to increase taxes. Now is the time to decrease spending. Obama's approach is the exact opposite.
4. The democrats with Pelosi and Harry reid are already planning the tax increases and a 25% cut in military spending. Once again I agree with McCain. Now would be the worst time to cut Military spending.
5. Energy. McCain is for drilling, he is for renewables and he is for Nuclear energy. Obama is for some of the above but not all. Obama opposes drilling off shore. The problem is if we don't other countries will. It is international waters and they are not bound by our laws.
This Ralley has swayed my vote from 3rd party to McCain. The ralley along with Obama's call for an all new civilian security force that would receive equal funding to the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,422,661 times
But think about Palin. You sure?

Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM

858 posts, read 1,497,285 times
I saw the rally on TV and was EXTREMELY impressed!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,246,528 times
You just posted this so you could get the " civilian security force" distortion in again...we've got your MO.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,680,533 times
Default obama has nothing to offer!

Sarah Palin is awesome and has more experience then obama! Thats a fact! Tell me what obama has done? Dont tell me what he will do, anybody can talk! He never walked the walk! Palin has!!

YouTube - Newt DESTROYS Obama on Palin -- MSNBC, Obama get torn apart by former Speaker

Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Sarah Palin is awesome and has more experience then obama! Thats a fact! Tell me what obama has done? Dont tell me what he will do, anybody can talk! He never walked the walk! Palin has!!

YouTube - Newt DESTROYS Obama on Palin -- MSNBC, Obama get torn apart by former Speaker
I cannot understand how anyone can think that Palin is awesome. It is just totally beyond me.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
You just posted this so you could get the " civilian security force" distortion in again...we've got your MO.
Have I created a thread about the civilian security force? I have commented on it. If its not a bad thing then why so defensive.
The point of this thread was to call out what I myself witnessed first hand v.s what we keep seeing threads about.
The fact is at (this) ralley there were no personal attacks against Obama.
There were no threats against anyone.
There was no busing in of people to attend.
It was straight up and the place was packed.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I cannot understand how anyone can think that Palin is awesome. It is just totally beyond me.
To be fair.
Obama is without doubt a very intellegent man. My issues with Obama have nothing to do with how experience he has.
My issues are simple straight forward. I just don't agree with his politics.
Is he a bad man? I don't think so. I think his running mate is a complete and utter fraud. He is among the worst DC insiders going. The fact is I have more against Biden than I do against Obama.
Obama has had some questionable associates. Most of us have had some questionable associates at some point. Normally without ever knowing it.
I don't hold that against him all that much. Chicago politics is well known for its corruption. I come from NE PA we have the same issues.
I am not for expanding social programs. Social programs always cost more than they should and are designed to create dependence. The gov is a poor administrator.
If I met Obama I would shake his hand and I would invite him to my home. He is not an evil man. But he is at the mercy of the DNC. Like the RNc the DNC is filled with evil men.

Last edited by tinman01; 11-02-2008 at 03:21 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
To be fair.
Obama is without doubt a very intellegent man. My issues with Obama have nothing to do with how experience he has.
My issues are simple straight foward. I just don't agree with his politics.
Is he a bad man? I don't think so. I think his running mate is a complete and utter fraud. He is amoung the worst DC insiders going. The fact is I have more against Biden than I do against Obama.
Obama has had some questionable associates. Most of us have had some questionable associates at some point. Normally without ever knowing it.
I don't hold that against him all that much. Chicago politics is well known for its corruption. I come from NE PA we have the same issues.
I am not for expanding social programs. Social programs always cost more than they should and are designed to create dependence. The gov is a poor administrator.
If I met Obama I would shake his hand and I would invite him to my home. He is not an evil man. But he is at the mercy of the DNC. Like the RNc the DNC is filled with evil men.
Ok. You have your reasons and that is your right. But, for the Love of God, man, think! Do you want Palin as VP? She is not qualified to be VP much less President. Think about if something happens to McCain. This woman is dangerous. Seriously, think!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Ok. You have your reasons and that is your right. But, for the Love of God, man, think! Do you want Palin as VP? She is not qualified to be VP much less President. Think about if something happens to McCain. This woman is dangerous. Seriously, think!
Do we want Biden???? The man is a snake.
Do I want Palin? Not really but this election has given me very few choices. I will hope that if McCain wins he surrounds himself with powerful well informed advisors. Hopefully bi-partisan in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections