Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM

355 posts, read 555,007 times

Advertisements

I did not write this. It came to me in an email. If you know where this came from let me know. I'd like to give credit where it is due. It's funny I don't care who you are.

If you manage to steal this election too we've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New
California.

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get the Statue of Liberty.
You get Dollywood.

We get Intel and Microsoft.
You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard.
You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85% of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.
You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states
pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22% lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets
coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq , and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines, 90% of all cheese, 90% of the high tech industry, 95% of the corn and soybeans (thanks Iowa!), most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools
plus Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92% of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the
University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the war, the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% believe that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Finally, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico

Peace out,
Blue States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Please make sure Florida stays with the blue states.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,822,318 times
This would be funnier if I didn't live in a red state.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:50 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Yes, please take Florida. The rest of the South doesnt want it.:P

And exactly WHAT is wrong with Southern Baptist??????

Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
No, we're going to have to do it by county not by state. NYC isn't NY, Chicago isn't representative of all of IL, etc. County by county divide the country, have a vote in each county of each state where they want to be.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Yes, please take Florida. The rest of the South doesnt want it.:P

And exactly WHAT is wrong with Southern Baptist??????
If you take 'em fishing and are facing away from them, they'll drink all your beer!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:54 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
If I still lived in blue CA, I would not find this funny because it isn't. If I were a Democrat, I would not find it funny because it isn't. If I were not a Baptist, I would not find it funny because it isn't. If I smoked pot, I would not find it funny because it isn't. Do you get my drift?

Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
If you take 'em fishing and are facing away from them, they'll drink all your beer!
Now that's funny because, unfortunately, some of them do drink too much. It's sad, but true.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:02 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
While I can certainly appreciate the humor in it, folks fail to realize that today's new south is yesterdays old north.

There is a term here in Tennessee called the "half back". The half back is someone from up north who moved to Florida because they thought the weather was nice. They found out after one summer that asphalt has a liquid state and it cost more to run an air conditioner in a 3000 sqft home in Florida than it does to drive a hummer dragging a pallet of bricks around the world twice. So they pack up and move to places like Tennessee, hence half way back. Of course while you may have all those veggies, you won't have anyone to pick them unless they register Democrat. (j/k)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Sounds good. We'll also take all the businesses that don't want to pay union workers, and all the oil fields and refineries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections