Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM

425 posts, read 665,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Reagan was behind in all the polls for 2 weeks before the election.
The dems would love for every one to believe that it is over.
On election night you will start to see exit polls from the east coast time zone telling you Obama has won, designed to make people think in the rest of the country they might as well not go out in vote because it is allready over.
The polls have always showed the democrat with a much larger lead than they actually had.
McCain is going to be the winner next tuesday!
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I think this is another last ditch effort strategy of the McCain campaign. To have its members/volunteers flood the internet chat rooms and forums with the the likes of "Looks like its over, Obama is going to win" with hopes of persuading people who were heading out the doors to vote, to just stay home by thinking "Well they dont really need my vote".

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE GET OUT AND VOTE.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:18 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I think this is another last ditch effort strategy of the McCain campaign. To have its members/volunteers flood the internet chat rooms and forums with the the likes of "Looks like its over, Obama is going to win" with hopes of persuading people who were heading out the doors to vote, to just stay home by thinking "Well they dont really need my vote".

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE GET OUT AND VOTE.
That is not true. I encourage everyone to get out and vote as well.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Reagan was behind in all the polls for 2 weeks before the election.
The dems would love for every one to believe that it is over.
On election night you will start to see exit polls from the east coast time zone telling you Obama has won, designed to make people think in the rest of the country they might as well not go out in vote because it is allready over.
The polls have always showed the democrat with a much larger lead than they actually had.
McCain is going to be the winner next tuesday!
While true that is overlooking one very huge part of Reagan's win which came as their last debate one week before the elections in which Carter fubared by referencing a consulation he had with his 12 year old daughter on our nuclear weapons policy. It was a moment that was played out again and again after the debate. The comment became the butt of every joke.

The swing was further helped by Reagan's "There you go again" and his closing speech in which he asked "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"

McCain is no Ronald Reagan. He has no big political debate moment coming his way to swing the tide of the election. And even if Obama said something as stupid as Carter did there simply isn't the time left in the election for it to play out every night enough to change people's opinions.

The moral of the story is, pointing to Reagan's numbers as a bolster for McCain's is a bad analogy.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Remember Slash; McCain is the ONLY republican this year that can beat Obama. By all accounts and experts, this is a democrat year, it should be a cake-walk for the democratic candidate (war, unpopular president, economic turmoil, housing meltdown, stock market roller-coaster, media playing up all of the above) and McCain is basically tied in these battleground states.

I'm just amazed he is this close. That tells me that people (thinking, logical, rational ones) are resistant to Obama. All those undecideds, could very well break for McCain. You would assume if they didn't have serious reservations about Obama, they would already be in his camp.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times
Rove just stated the poll that came the absolute very closest during the 2000 and 2004 election has it at 1.5 points, in favor of Obama. Don't give in to the left media trying to tell you there is no chance. It's BS. The polls are wrong and conspired to demotivate you to not vote.. It will be VERY close, McCain has a very good chance at winning this election.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
And just WHO has kept you safe the last 7 years????
Hate to burst your bubble - GOD. GOD is the architect of all things and was in control then and remains in control now and in the future...

Old 11-02-2008, 11:14 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Remember Slash; McCain is the ONLY republican this year that can beat Obama. By all accounts and experts, this is a democrat year, it should be a cake-walk for the democratic candidate (war, unpopular president, economic turmoil, housing meltdown, stock market roller-coaster, media playing up all of the above) and McCain is basically tied in these battleground states.

I'm just amazed he is this close. That tells me that people (thinking, logical, rational ones) are resistant to Obama. All those undecideds, could very well break for McCain. You would assume if they didn't have serious reservations about Obama, they would already be in his camp.
I agree, it will be a close race but it's because "race" remains the big elephant in the room and affects voters from both parties.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:52 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,055 times
so Slash who do you blame for this?

Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Well this is obviously very hard to say but the election has been lost. I believe our next POTUS will be Barack Obama. Don't get me wrong, I can't stomach that fact, but the election is over. I don't like that fact but I will have to face it for the next four, or possibly eight years and try and stomach that. I've held my faith in God and tried to be supportive and faithful McCain would win...but I would now like to ask my fellow republican/conservatives/McCain supporters to join me that feel the same way and lets come together and look forward to another race in 2012.

Also I would like to congratulate the democrats for winning and offer a handshake. Gosh I can't stand saying this but I have to be sincere and honest.
Don't worry man. His new health care plan will allow you to remain in prescribed state of bliss.

It's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections