U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 15,008,184 times
Reputation: 4482

Advertisements

Oprah calls him "The One".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
5,027 posts, read 5,529,538 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am looking for your thoughts, from a Christian perspective (non-Christians are welcome to comment, also) if you feel that Obama somehow ties into the end times. On a daily basis it seems, I have either talked to someone personally or heard evangelicals stating that people should vote for McCain because if they don't this will trigger the end time events. I already know how some Christians who are not as politically motivated and moreso spiritually motivated feel about this and wanted to bring this issue to the Presidential Election forum. Do you, as a Christian, support McCain, or Obama, and what is your reasoning behind this? Do you feel Obama will take us into the end times? Thanks.
I thought the end times were supposed to be a good thing? You know - the return of Jesus, the Rapture, everyone going up to heaven. Why would those who believe in that mythology want to avoid the end times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
 
2,486 posts, read 2,353,463 times
Reputation: 830
people who use this anti-christ argument must have a family tree that looks like a stump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
 
3,758 posts, read 7,657,852 times
Reputation: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I thought the end times were supposed to be a good thing? You know - the return of Jesus, the Rapture, everyone going up to heaven. Why would those who believe in that mythology want to avoid the end times?
I am thinking some of these people do not feel that the "rapture" will come before some of the things that are prophecied to happen actually happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
 
1,303 posts, read 2,959,609 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am looking for your thoughts, from a Christian perspective (non-Christians are welcome to comment, also) if you feel that Obama somehow ties into the end times. On a daily basis it seems, I have either talked to someone personally or heard evangelicals stating that people should vote for McCain because if they don't this will trigger the end time events. I already know how some Christians who are not as politically motivated and moreso spiritually motivated feel about this and wanted to bring this issue to the Presidential Election forum. Do you, as a Christian, support McCain, or Obama, and what is your reasoning behind this? Do you feel Obama will take us into the end times? Thanks.
Where in God's name do you live...I would like to steer clear of it, forever...

Separation of church and state, nutjobs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
 
3,758 posts, read 7,657,852 times
Reputation: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
Where in God's name do you live...I would like to steer clear of it, forever...

Separation of church and state, nutjobs...
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The Woods
16,936 posts, read 22,206,840 times
Reputation: 9020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am thinking some of these people do not feel that the "rapture" will come before some of the things that are prophecied to happen actually happen.
Speaking for myself, as a Catholic, the pre-trib rapture idea is very debatable. It's a fairly young idea too. Lots of lines that seemingly contradict it, or not if you're looking for it. One of those things that's wide open to interpretation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
 
1,303 posts, read 2,959,609 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am thinking some of these people do not feel that the "rapture" will come before some of the things that are prophecied to happen actually happen.
I know a few folks of the jewish faith who are not such big fans of this concept of "rapture".... But of course evangelicals are REALLY big supporters of Israel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,828 posts, read 31,665,817 times
Reputation: 12569
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
Name a godless society that has survived.
Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Finland, France are all more than 50% atheist and are doing just fine. Christianity and it's ridiculous myths is what is fouling up American government to a large extent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
 
1,353 posts, read 3,198,690 times
Reputation: 917
I've noticed most Republicans are evangelical whackjobs.

Strange. Very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top