U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,876,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Maybe for a week or so until Obama screws up, then Kattie bar the door...because all hell will break out. If you think Bush was disliked (hated), just wait! You ain't seen nothin' yet...
Hate Obama before he get sworn in huh??Typical Kooter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,882,379 times
If he messes with our Constitution I won't think of him as my President but I could never do what the libs unfairly did to Bush...very sad

Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 PM

968 posts, read 1,203,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
If he messes with our Constitution I won't think of him as my President but I could never do what the libs unfairly did to Bush...very sad
It's Bush who messed with our constitution.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,043,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
And what exactly did "the libs" do to Bush?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,849,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Since most of us that didn't vote for Bush over the past eight years were viewed as unpatriotic and liberal hippie scum for always bashing Bush and his policies, if Obama makes it in, will you do what we did, or just accept him as your commander in chief, because that's the patriotic thing to do? I am not even being facetious with this question, I am dead serious.

Why did you and your kind not take the high road? It would have been great if you did show some respect over the past eight years. Now you want respect for Obama? That is interesting considering how awful all of the left treated Bush.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 PM

574 posts, read 1,098,015 times
I think the hard part is not going to be hating him for years. That part comes easy to his detractors. The hard part is going to be watching as one by one your fellow haters come to the conclusion that he's a pretty decent guy and a good President.

See, I think we had it easy. We hated Bush and he gave us every reason to hate him...almost on a daily basis! We could maintain our little hate club for years unchallenged. But when you hunker down around the water cooler in 9 months to growl and grumble and last month's chief hater says, "I like that new plan of his, he's working out better then I could have dreamed", that's gonna smart a little.

So I don't for a minute think people are terrified he'll fail and the country will go to hell in a handbasket. Failure means they were right, failure means they can keep their club! Misery loves company and they don't want to be lonely.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,882,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
It's Bush who messed with our constitution.
The poor man was blamed for everything incuding the weather. The corrupt, mayor, governor and senator of LA did nothing to help the citizens of their state but Bush was to blame and it became a race issue. Meanwhile, Clinton let 600 die from a heat wave in Chicago and never even acknowledged it. For every pass that Clinton got, Bush was blamed for yet another silly thing...

Old 11-03-2008, 10:15 PM

1,691 posts, read 2,196,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
If Obama loses will you libs finally leave the country and stop destroying our constitution from within?
Please get ready to exit, the last boat is leaving soon. Get your belongings together because traitors like most libs are can be arrested for what you have done to this country.
Chavez can use some good help and I think we all know who would fit right in down there in hell.
Will Democrats stop destroying the constitution from within?? Demo-freaking-crats? Sometime in the future you might wanna take your head out of the sand and take a look at what has happened to the country and the constitution in the last 8 years under Rep rule.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 PM

714 posts, read 1,392,987 times
I would take the low road and cling to my guns and religion like a good redneck should. Reduce my business expenditures in relation to hiring people, save my money in case I might need medical attention and LMAO when he can't do 1/4 of what he claims, and hope that we don't have a national threat...O wait he is friend with an admitted terrorist....I'll watch as he gives a great speech as more Americans die because we have a President that is more worried about providing gov. funding for the people who don't want to work.

And more thing...I would try to avoid watching the news if Michelle Obama is involved because she would make a horrible first lady...as she has 0 class.

Last edited by ttyl1979; 11-03-2008 at 10:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,705,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Since most of us that didn't vote for Bush over the past eight years were viewed as unpatriotic and liberal hippie scum for always bashing Bush and his policies, if Obama makes it in, will you do what we did, or just accept him as your commander in chief, because that's the patriotic thing to do? I am not even being facetious with this question, I am dead serious.
No. In fact they will amp it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or