Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why did you and your kind not take the high road? It would have been great if you did show some respect over the past eight years. Now you want respect for Obama? That is interesting considering how awful all of the left treated Bush.
How awful "the left" has treated Bush?

As I recall, Bush had record levels of approval post-9/11. Do you think he could have gotten that high without being respected by "the left"?

He also has the distinction of having the lowest approval ratings in history. Could he have reached that dubious honor without earning the disapproval of those on the right as well?

Nobody "did" Bush in or treated him unfairly. Every thing that has caused him to be the most universally despised world leader of the last several years can be laid squarely on his decisions, as well as those who he has placed in his administration.

It's called "the buck stops here". Remember that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM

218 posts, read 468,548 times
Default Works both ways

You know I was just thinking of this. After 8 years of listening to every one that hated Bush talk smack about him, would it stop. Do you think if the next prez messes up how long will it take for the same to happen to him. Do you think we should be nice to Obama if he wins, and later we find out that he had lied to get in white house?Is it ok for people to talk about how he lied, we need to impeach? Is this right ?
What if McCain wins, then bends over back wards to vote with the dems will there be any outcry? It seems whatever the liberal media tells the anti-conservatives how to respond .....they do. I blame the liberal media for creating the monster that tears American in half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Since most of us that didn't vote for Bush over the past eight years were viewed as unpatriotic and liberal hippie scum for always bashing Bush and his policies, if Obama makes it in, will you do what we did, or just accept him as your commander in chief, because that's the patriotic thing to do? I am not even being facetious with this question, I am dead serious.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Since most of us that didn't vote for Bush over the past eight years were viewed as unpatriotic and liberal hippie scum for always bashing Bush and his policies, if Obama makes it in, will you do what we did, or just accept him as your commander in chief, because that's the patriotic thing to do? I am not even being facetious with this question, I am dead serious.
High ground? I'm not sure most McCain supporters even know what that means.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
How awful "the left" has treated Bush?

As I recall, Bush had record levels of approval post-9/11. Do you think he could have gotten that high without being respected by "the left"?

He also has the distinction of having the lowest approval ratings in history. Could he have reached that dubious honor without earning the disapproval of those on the right as well?

Nobody "did" Bush in or treated him unfairly. Every thing that has caused him to be the most universally despised world leader of the last several years can be laid squarely on his decisions, as well as those who he has placed in his administration.

It's called "the buck stops here". Remember that?

We will see, if Obama wins, what kind of decision making he exhibits also. It is easy to judge someone else when you have not had to do the job. We will see how he handles it and believe me, no one will give him a pass like he has gotten during this election process.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
We will see, if Obama wins, what kind of decision making he exhibits also. It is easy to judge someone else when you have not had to do the job. We will see how he handles it and believe me, no one will give him a pass like he has gotten during this election process.
That is the truth. If Obama wins he better be ready to lead while watched under a microscope and since he has barely any experience doing that, I have no idea how he would make it.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
WTH? I'm a Texan who never voted for Bush and I was never viewed as "unpatriotic and liberal hippie scum." Time to leave the commune, friend!

It's not for ME to accept Obama as MY commander-in-chief as I'm not in the military. I do pity those for whom he would be C-in-C, though. But, no, I will not support him if he made dumb military and foreign policy decisions. I didn't support Bush's dumb decisions so why on Earth would I give Obama a pass? Because he's hip? Because he's black? Sorry, that might have worked its magic on y'all during the campaign but the campaign is now OVER. And it never worked with me.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

I can't speak for the rest of the conservatives out their, but as far as I'm concerned, I've always wanted to try to discern the motives of each person individually and even then take that with a grain of salt because only God knows a person's heart. I was a Marine in my younger years and served with East Coast Liberals who loved the US and took an oath to defend the Constitution. Of course I have a lot more respect for someone like that than a conservative who simply wouldn't bother to serve. Everyone loves the nation until they have to actually sacrifice something near and dear to them.

As far as the Bush bashing goes, have fun with it. It is the liberal calling after all. Now here's the dirty little secret. Bush has had the lowest approval numbers of any president in history, but who remembers that he has also had the highest approval numbers of any president (92%)? Does anyone remember why? No, No one remembers because the Bush policy of preemption has been 100% successful at preventing terrorist attack on US soil. Bush is the victim of his own success. Had a second attack on the US occurred at any point post 9/11, he would have very high favorable ratings and McCain would be untouchable.

But their is nothing in the news related to terrorism except that the WMDs were never found. Translated into liberal speak, that means they never existed and we went to war just to make evil old white men richer and richer at the cost of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. The left chastises those lawmakers who were responsible for preventing further attacks by these radical Islamic terrorists and did the only thing a responsible office holder could do by authorizing the invasion of Iraq.

Bush will be remembered in history as a great president after the next terrorist attack. Now liberals have their own way with no one to contradict them. Obama will most likely win the election and pull out of Iraq as promised. We will also likely close down Guantanamo and start a dialog with terrorist nations in the Mideast. Why not?

When the attack comes, and it will. The abandonment of the Bush policy of preemption will be the cause. People in Europe my like us better and Arab nations may have nicer things to say about us on Al Jazeera, but that won't change what will happen in the US. We will at that time do things that we haven't done since WWII in terms of segregating the nation and the hate crimes that didn't happen after 9/11 will happen then. That, at least, is my intuitive impression.

Saddam's Chemical Weapons Campaign: Halabja, March 16, 1988 (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/rls/18714.htm - broken link)

Kurds recount gas attack horrors - Conflict in Iraq

Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I can't speak for the rest of the conservatives out their, but as far as I'm concerned, I've always wanted to try to discern the motives of each person individually and even then take that with a grain of salt because only God knows a person's heart. I was a Marine in my younger years and served with East Coast Liberals who loved the US and took an oath to defend the Constitution. Of course I have a lot more respect for someone like that than a conservative who simply wouldn't bother to serve. Everyone loves the nation until they have to actually sacrifice something near and dear to them.

As far as the Bush bashing goes, have fun with it. It is the liberal calling after all. Now here's the dirty little secret. Bush has had the lowest approval numbers of any president in history, but who remembers that he has also had the highest approval numbers of any president (92%)? Does anyone remember why? No, No one remembers because the Bush policy of preemption has been 100% successful at preventing terrorist attack on US soil. Bush is the victim of his own success. Had a second attack on the US occurred at any point post 9/11, he would have very high favorable ratings and McCain would be untouchable.

But their is nothing in the news related to terrorism except that the WMDs were never found. Translated into liberal speak, that means they never existed and we went to war just to make evil old white men richer and richer at the cost of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. The left chastises those lawmakers who were responsible for preventing further attacks by these radical Islamic terrorists and did the only thing a responsible office holder could do by authorizing the invasion of Iraq.

Bush will be remembered in history as a great president after the next terrorist attack. Now liberals have their own way with no one to contradict them. Obama will most likely win the election and pull out of Iraq as promised. We will also likely close down Guantanamo and start a dialog with terrorist nations in the Mideast. Why not?

When the attack comes, and it will. The abandonment of the Bush policy of preemption will be the cause. People in Europe my like us better and Arab nations may have nicer things to say about us on Al Jazeera, but that won't change what will happen in the US. We will at that time do things that we haven't done since WWII in terms of segregating the nation and the hate crimes that didn't happen after 9/11 will happen then. That, at least, is my intuitive impression.

Saddam's Chemical Weapons Campaign: Halabja, March 16, 1988 (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/rls/18714.htm - broken link)

Kurds recount gas attack horrors - Conflict in Iraq
Thank you for speaking the truth....it's about time someone wrote it out.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
I have a 4 year supply of food and water in my underground bunker. I, armed to the teeth, along with my faithful dog, Ronnie, will retreat to the secret location upon official announcement of Obamas Presidency. I will take my 4x4 down the secret canyon at night, lights blacked out, using night vision goggles. Once there I plan on dismantling the 4x4 and storing it in the bunker with me, in case everyone is required to exchange them for Priui(thats Prius plural.) I have a hand cranked battery radio to provide me with both excercise and Michael Savage, so I can remain healthy and stay informed. In 4 years I will surface to vote again, possibly resupply.

EDIT: Blasted, I told everyone my plan!!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
If Obama gets elected, I will respect and support him as our president. I may not agree with decisions he may make as president but I am a strong believer in respecting my leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections