U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

321 posts, read 717,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
America: The land of opportunity, NOT entitlement!!!!!
Choose your vote wisely. Vote McCain/Palin 2008!!!!!!!!
Send Sarah Palin back to Alaska along with her [*****] daughter and the rest of her clan. What a hypocrite she is!

The Republicans in Georgia are SO DESPERATE that they are trying to stop voters before the polls in the parking lots, entryways. Several have been arrested or told to leave the voting public ALONE!

I live in the South and most people are the some of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth. And that includes Florida - the land of eternal trailer trash and low lifes!

Barack Obama will bring pride back to the American people, it's youth and education and put a stop to CORPORATE ENTITLEMENT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,815,752 times
I wrote Diane Giam in for President and Pimpy for VP!! LOL!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:23 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswlguy View Post
Send Sarah Palin back to Alaska along with her [*****] daughter and the rest of her clan. What a hypocrite she is!

The Republicans in Georgia are SO DESPERATE that they are trying to stop voters before the polls in the parking lots, entryways. Several have been arrested or told to leave the voting public ALONE!

I live in the South and most people are the some of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth. And that includes Florida - the land of eternal trailer trash and low lifes!

Barack Obama will bring pride back to the American people, it's youth and education and put a stop to CORPORATE ENTITLEMENT!

How can you comment on a corporation when you have never had a job?

Have you ever saw a bum or welfare scum give anyone a job and write pay checks? NO you have not.

I want corporations to grow even more, hire more people and grow our economy. For the Obots they just want to stay home and wait for the freebies to come in.

If it was not for those corporations you hate so much, you would get the welfare you are getting because those workers are buying your food and housing.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,648,579 times
Gobama!

Yes we can!!

Say no to mccant!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 PM

3,400 posts, read 4,625,192 times
I dont care who ya'll vote for, just dont mess it up this time....

Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 PM

343 posts, read 310,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
How can you comment on a corporation when you have never had a job?

Have you ever saw a bum or welfare scum give anyone a job and write pay checks? NO you have not.

I want corporations to grow even more, hire more people and grow our economy. For the Obots they just want to stay home and wait for the freebies to come in.

If it was not for those corporations you hate so much, you would get the welfare you are getting because those workers are buying your food and housing.
It truly is disgusting how much more you care about faceless corporations than you do human beings.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM

3,400 posts, read 4,625,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
It truly is disgusting how much more you care about faceless corporations than you do human beings.

Where do most people work? Businesses.

Without businesses, there are no jobs.
No jobs= no money to buy food.
No food= starving families.

Business, as cold and cruel as it may seem, is essential. Without strong business there are weak people, both physically and financially.

I am a firm believer that you must work for the benefits you get, and that includes food.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM

20,532 posts, read 8,843,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Florida has been getting screwed over for years by the Republicans. It's one of the worst economies in our nation. Wages have been flat for a decade, while the cost of living has skyrocketed. Property insurance companies drop people without justification and raise rates with impunity due to no regulation. Our schools are funded 50th in the nation and graduation rates are abyssal. Jobs above minimum wage are evaporating.

Only 51% of employers offer health insurance. Under McCain's plan to tax health benefits, even less employers will offer health insurance or wages will continue to stagnate to offset this increase. Health care costs have increased 5x faster than wages. We are 2nd in the nation for the # of uninsured children.

I could give you 100 reasons why you should NOT vote for McCain, Floridians. Our state has declined so drastically these past 8 years. It's exceedingly difficult to find a good job with health care benefits, housing, insurance and an acceptable education for our kids. In other words, the middle class is hard pressed to put the pieces together that are necessary to enjoy a decent quality of life anymore.

We cannot afford to continue this way. FLORIDIANS, PLEASE VOTE OBAMA!

I lived in Brandon, Tampa and Orange Park in the eighties. FL is a low wage state, they pay you with sunshine, end of story.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 PM

700 posts, read 1,946,640 times
AMEN! songgirl-I agree with everything you said 100%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections