U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What will you do, Republicans, if Obama wins?
Move to Canada or Puerto Rico 8 10.96%
Stay and become apathetic toward the process-why bother? 3 4.11%
Stay and fight however you possibly can! 32 43.84%
Boycott all Mainstream Media including products advertised there 6 8.22%
Obama is going to win? 24 32.88%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM

6,868 posts, read 12,968,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But I will buy another gun, just to be safe. And stock up on canned goods.

Yes, you better, because we will most definitely be tested if Obama wins. Actually, I shouldn't say "tested", I should call it what it will be: attacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 PM

4,282 posts, read 7,142,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yes, you better, because we will most definitely be tested if Obama wins.
That is certainly what Senator Biden said.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM

11,239 posts, read 8,221,313 times
There's one thing I don't get. Young voters are supposed to love Obama. But young people are the most selfish, self centered, spoiled people in the country. So they're used to being indulged and doing as they please and not caring about anybody but themselves.
So they don't like the government, hate the draft, and want money for doing little work. Why are they voting for Obama? Liberals tell you what to think, how you should act, how the government knows best and how we should all share the wealth and not pursue money or material possessions. Is that what they want?
I know these kids have zero political insights, no understanding of history, and react impulsively and think that they somehow know everything. They are going to be in for a rude awakening when the guy they voted for turns out to be just another guy who suckered them and promised alot and then gave them nothing. Talk about being frustrated and disillusioned. I can't wait for them to turn hippy and go after the hard core Obama supporters. Or they'll swing far right and demand a Reagan step up and take charge. Either way, we're in for a show.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM

57,955 posts, read 29,481,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There's one thing I don't get. Young voters are supposed to love Obama. But young people are the most selfish, self centered, spoiled people in the country. So they're used to being indulged and doing as they please and not caring about anybody but themselves.
So they don't like the government, hate the draft, and want money for doing little work. Why are they voting for Obama?
Because Obama promised them free college, free checks, and great jobs.. 3 things a president can not/should not be providing..

As you said, its all about themself, and who would vote against a free check, unless your smart enough to understand that nothing is free..

Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM

7,673 posts, read 8,116,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because Obama promised them free college, free checks, and great jobs.. 3 things a president can not/should not be providing..

As you said, its all about themself, and who would vote against a free check, unless your smart enough to understand that nothing is free..
Can you show me one instance where Obama promised anyone free college or a free check, whatever that is?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM

12,540 posts, read 12,828,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

From what the two of you are saying here, you sound so in-touch with "young" people. I'm sure therefore that you're the final authorities on their motives.

You must have VERY different "young people" than we have here. Some "young people" are spoiled, sure; and so are some older people who "step in it" (inheriting money or property, etc.) But the majority "young people" in my neck of the woods (and no...I'm not one) are bright, nearly all work at least part-time (including students), and have exactly the same concerns for the present and the future that anyone else has.

I feel bad for you, apparently living in an area where young people aren't raised to be responsible. But then who's to blame for that?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM

11,412 posts, read 17,652,349 times
Damn kids and their radical ideas. Get off my lawn.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM

57,955 posts, read 29,481,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can you show me one instance where Obama promised anyone free college or a free check, whatever that is?
obamas own website credible enough for you?
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Education

This universal and fully refundable credit will ensure that the first $4,000 of a college education is completely free for most Americans, and will cover two-thirds the cost of tuition at the average public college or university and make community college tuition completely free for most students.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 PM

11 posts, read 8,046 times
Default I propose one more option

Be a proud republican and choose a nominee next time who you run a positive fight.

By now, I think most republicans understand all silly issues and attacks does not work. We are in a global economy and adopt to the changes.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM

3,035 posts, read 4,761,508 times
If Obama wins? I'm gonna quit my job and EXPECT a welfare check. Afterall Obama said he would take care of us if we couldnt for ourselves! Wheres MY Check?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections