U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What will you do, Republicans, if Obama wins?
Move to Canada or Puerto Rico 8 10.96%
Stay and become apathetic toward the process-why bother? 3 4.11%
Stay and fight however you possibly can! 32 43.84%
Boycott all Mainstream Media including products advertised there 6 8.22%
Obama is going to win? 24 32.88%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:31 PM

136 posts, read 380,369 times
If Obama wins I plan to quit working and get in line for his hand-outs, opps, I mean distribution of wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM

1,856 posts, read 1,537,096 times
To all that are leaving the country if Obama wins, don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord sho'nuff split ya.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM

11,363 posts, read 17,236,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
To all that are leaving the country if Obama wins, don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord sho'nuff split ya.
This surely sounds like those America-hating limp-wristed commie pinko liberals who said they were moving to Canada if Bush got elected (or selected or what-have-you) and they're still here eight years later.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 PM

6,866 posts, read 12,650,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Uh huh. And from a mother no less. Ugh.

Oh yes, let's be sure to throw in the ol' "You're a mother?" B.S., as if somehow, giving birth to my babies has somehow made me less cynical of the political machine. Take the blinders off, honey.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 PM

8,030 posts, read 4,224,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Oh yes, let's be sure to throw in the ol' "You're a mother?" B.S., as if somehow, giving birth to my babies has somehow made me less cynical of the political machine. Take the blinders off, honey.
Your twisted misreading is unbelievable. Here let me explain it to you like you are a two year old. The point is that someone who is a mother would essentially imply that Obama's grandmother isn't sick enough or dying according to a timetable that you feel is acceptable. Nothing's sacred for you obviously, not even a grandmother and her relationship to her grandson. You, as a mother, should know better. The fact that you don't, especially when using the "I'm a mother" persecution complex, is frightening.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:53 PM

135 posts, read 137,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hundreds of thousands of citizens died to solidify state rights during the Civil War (it was not over slavery). This country is not the country that it once was, states no longer have rights, citizens no longer have obligations.

I have discussed moving to Mexico with the fiance, we would live very confortably there, but I wouldnt do it because Obama won, we're considering it due to the high tax base, lack of personal responsibilities, and the give me mentality is driving me bonkers here.
Have fun having no personal rights then, except for those that you can buy with a $20 bill slipped to the cop. I'm in Mexico everyday (well literally 5-6 days a week). I have a lot of Mexican friends. I have traveled all through Mexico via plane and car. It's a ok place with lots of beauty and potential, but you couldn't pay me to live here. People don't even use the mail because everyone knows it can't be trusted. The carriers will go through your mail, or if you're lucky it may get delivered 3-4 weeks after you drop it off. That's something you take for granted in the US and you would assume you could take for granted anywhere, right? Not here. This is one simple example of MANY I could tell you.

Visiting a resort in a 3rd world country and living in one are not the same.

PS - oh and don't forget the drug war that's ravaging the border and is happening all across mexico. It's only been going on for almost a year now with no end in sight.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM

8,030 posts, read 4,224,826 times
Oh my god. I just saw your "my status." I have to rep you for that!!! Quite possibly one of the funniest and most cleverest comebacks I've seen on city-data.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM

11,851 posts, read 12,351,957 times
Hmmmm.

Well, when Bush won not once but twice, I didn't cry, move to Canada, scream conspiracy theory, threaten that the new president would ruin the country (maybe I should have? Guess I'm just not very good with that sixth-sense thing), fire innocent workers as a retaliatory "I told you so!" self-fulfilling prophecy, make up lies about him, get drunk or riot.

I sighed and showered and went to work and realized the President isn't the only voice of the country.

Let's hope disappointed McCain voters will pretty much do the same.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh my god. I just saw your "my status." I have to rep you for that!!! Quite possibly one of the funniest comebacks I've seen on city-data.

WELL THANK GOD! At least you get that!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM

oh and I just sent you one too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections