Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times

Advertisements

Why did people vote for George Bush twice then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
How about the Jonas Brothers?
Hee Hee. Yep, maybe that would be "2008" . . .

I agree w/ you that a percentage of people just get hyped and make an emotional decision . . . based on no real facts whatsoever . . . and that is rather astounding in this day and age. So much info out there - free - floating around for anyone to read and think about . . .

I think that part of the appeal w/ Obama has been this Messianic thing. He is a really good speaker. He has inspired a lot of people. Now, what he has inspired them to do - other than chant "Change" . . . and go vote for him . . . that has me puzzled, b/c when you really question people about O's stances on issues . . . things get fuzzy . . .

I do not dislike O . . . good thing, since he is probably gonna be our next Prez, LOL . . . but I do find him too inexperienced. I felt the same way about John Edwards. The guy never ran for political office in his life - ran for Senate - got it and heck - could not even get through his FIRST TERM w/o running for Prez (and ending up in the VP spot w/ Kerry). I mean = talk about audacity. That is how I feel about O. Not only has he not had enuff experience, I just find his policies too far left.

But then . . . many would say that GWB was too far right . . . and we all made it through the last 8 years . . . kinda sad b/c GWB handled things so well right after 9/11 . . .

Obama has a rough road ahead. Anyone elevated to Messianic status is gonna have an impossible task - pleasing all the people, all the time. Can't be done.

Last edited by brokensky; 11-04-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: edited phrase

Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee. Yep, maybe that would be "2008" . . .

I agree w/ you that a percentage of people just get hyped and make an emotional decision . . . based on no real facts whatsoever . . . and that is rather astounding in this day and age. So much info out there - free - floating around for anyone to read and think about . . .

I think that part of the appeal w/ Obama has been this Messianic thing. He is a really good speaker. He has inspired a lot of people. Now, what he has inspired them to do - other than chant "Change" . . . and go vote for him . . . that has me puzzled, b/c when you really question people about O's stances on issues . . . things get fuzzy . . .

I do not dislike O . . . good thing, since he is probably gonna be our next Prez, LOL . . . but I do find him too inexperienced. I felt the same way about John Edwards. The guy never ran for political office in his life - ran for Senate - got it and heck - could not even get through his FIRST TERM w/o running for Prez (and ending up in the VP spot w/ Kerry). I mean = talk about audacity. That is how I feel about O. Not only has he not had enuff experience, I just find his policies too far left.

But then . . . many would say that GWB was too far right . . . and we all made it through the last 8 years . . . kinda sad b/c GWB handled things so well right after 9/11 . . .

Obama has a rough road ahead. Anyone elevated to Messianic status is gonna have an impossible task - pleasing all the people, all the time. Can't be done.
He's being viewed as another JFK, which is one of the few prez that got people really inclined to get out there. it's not so much that he's black, it's that he's a breath of fresh air from the typical gray haired, old money, white guy.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default well I am 30

and have attended 4 fundraising campaigns for Joe Biden since I was 15. He was neighbor's with my husband so we know how good of a man he is and look forward to him being our VP!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM

Default and loves

my facts are not distorted. I think you have been watching to much of Fox!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Matt Damon is sooo 2002.
Seriously! I'm voting Johnny Depp!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
I am voting for McCain/Palin because I like hockey and I have kids that I drive to practice in a mini-van everyday. She gets me vote. She is just like me.

I hate that Obama. He went to Harvard. Psshhhh. Eastern elitist jagoff he is. I also like McCain just because he was in the Military. I believe if you spent 10 years in prison it automatically makes you eligiable for president!

McCain/Palin 08!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
In the spirit of the thread, I vote for Jenifer Lopez.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
which makes me wonder how can you not vote for Obama, flexysteve?

I am sure this post will get moved but know the facts. McCain is not a good guy. Have you read about his past and how he pushed a women in a wheelchair when he was mad, how he crashed planes and then hid so that he wouldn't get in trouble or how his wife used tons of drugs and he didn't even know. If he can't figure out what goes on in his own family how can we trust him as our president? Plus not to mention his poor decision in choosing a running mate.

These things were not even brought up by the democratic ticket b/c Obama was running on his ownplan he didn't have to slam McCain with his past or present in order to do well in this election which says a lot!

Now off to do more campaigning at the polls
It is scary that you are doing any campaigning at all. It's fine if you disagree with McCain's politics, but to just make stuff up or repeat something you read on a teen blog is silly.

By the way, McCain's plane was shot down behind enemy lines during a war. He wasn't hiding it to keep from getting in trouble. Good grief.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

Default a teen blog...I don't think so

again I personally know the VP pick for the democratic party. I don't mean to be a snob but I am pretty fed up. Who do you know?

If you really think Palin should be VP I feel pretty sad for you. She is a complete idiot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections