U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM

12,136 posts, read 12,632,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
“We will not allow some racists and other angry whites, who are getting upset over an impending Barack Obama Presidential victory to intimidate Blacks at the polls.
Most certainly we cannot allow these racist forces to slaughter our babies or commit other acts of violence against the Black population, nor our Black President.
We must organize to counter and neutralize these threats. This is a great time for our people and we must ensure that peace prevails, this case in Crockett County Tennessee is not isolated."

The NBPP will patrol election sites nationwide to counter voter intimidation and other threats of violence against Blacks.

New Black Panther Party for Self Defense (http://www.newblackpanther.com/home2.html - broken link)
How many times are you going to post this? I'll bet most of us could recite it in our sleep by this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,275 posts, read 11,128,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Unless there's new information, the only person on tape is a self-identified Republican poll watcher who reported what supposedly happened. Although he said the police took someone away, there was no attempt to contact the police or get a police report. The second "Black Panther" was a guy who lived in the building, was a poll-watcher, and according to what was said, had every right to be there.

Pardon those of us who don't immediately jump on the scary Black Panther bandwagon. It's just that it's full of Michelle Obama "Whitey" tapes and young McCain supporters with self-inflicted scratch wounds. There's not much room left on it.
New video:

Breitbart.tv » Update: Police Confront Night Stick-Wielding ‘Security’ Patrol at Philadelphia Poll

Only questions would be, what were they doing? Asking people for I.D.? Just standing there? And why a billy club?

1,994 posts, read 2,687,941 times
Originally, this thread said Pennsylvania. When was Ohio added through editing? Do the articles even mention Ohio? I am not going to read them again.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM

7,590 posts, read 7,996,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I can see why stupid people vote for Obama...
Don't you have a birth certificate to track down?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,713,378 times
Thanks Georgia Dem, I know already, I posted the camera phone video to this thread when I found it.

Been thinking about these two clowns for a bit. My guess is that they imagined themselves defending black voters who they IMAGINED would be intimidated by whites at the polls. As part of belonging to a 40-year-old organization that most thought was extinct, their perceptions of what happens at the polls in Philly obviously got caught in a time vortex.

Did they think little frail granny was going to be challenged by some tobacky chawing guy in a pointy white hat????? Lame, but why else come out with a night stick.

When you watch the camera phone video, they don't say anything particularly inflammatory, but they are on the defensive.

I have no idea what the "New" Black Panther party is about, but if these two turkeys are members, somebody ought to issue an official apology/explanation PDQ.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM

8,030 posts, read 4,339,662 times
I think that I spotted Ashley Todd in the background in the beginning of the tape. She was dressed in a foam 'B' and was crying about how some scary black guy saw her McCain sticker on her car and made her get in the 'B' as punishment.

The horrors of this world!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM

4,508 posts, read 5,417,442 times
Quote:
Unless there's new information, the only person on tape is a self-identified Republican poll watcher who reported what supposedly happened. Although he said the police took someone away, there was no attempt to contact the police or get a police report. The second "Black Panther" was a guy who lived in the building, was a poll-watcher, and according to what was said, had every right to be there.

Pardon those of us who don't immediately jump on the scary Black Panther bandwagon. It's just that it's full of Michelle Obama "Whitey" tapes and young McCain supporters with self-inflicted scratch wounds. There's not much room left on it.
Verdict in for you too. http://www.livinglikenooneelse.com/forum/images/smilies/dunce1.gif (broken link)

It's not that hard to click on a link and see it for yourself. Two guys in military style Black Panther uniforms claiming to be 'security' for the polling place...one of them with a club.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

12,136 posts, read 12,632,498 times
Okay. Granted there were no billy clubs (as far as I could see), but when I approached my voting place, there were four white people standing in front of the door.

They asked me what my street name was and then they pointed to where I could go.

I guess if I had run up to them with a camera and demanded to know what they were doing, etc., and asked their names, rather than directing me where to go, they probably would have said "Who are you?" and "Why are you filming me?" If I had seemed to be getting in their faces, etc., I'm sure they would have been confrontational about it.

But rather than calling Fox news and shining a camera at them, I assumed they must work for the polling place.

Shall I go there right now and start in with my camera phone demanding answers without identifying myself, etc.? Oh, no, wait. They're white! It must be okay.

In the case of the "news" above (all shot very a la Blair Witch Project, granted), yes, it was a stupid call for them to have a billy club. Guns are legal. Would it have been okay if they had guns? Do you suppose the one man withdrew the billy club because he saw this dude stalking him with a camera and whispering ominously into it? Just asking the rather obvious (but apparently not to everybody) questions here.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

3,446 posts, read 4,694,564 times
Quote:
Don't you have a birth certificate to track down?
Yeah, I found Obama's real birth certificate. It's about as real as Obama is a qualified candidate for President.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM

12,425 posts, read 7,333,870 times
Quote:

I'm pleased I am not the only one here who sees through the bull****.....rep for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections