Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
The next four years are not going to be fun..the economy is a mess. People will blame Obama because all the change he promised will not come to pass. I think his inexperience will be a hot topic and I am wondering who will be the President in 2012?
See, Obama will pass a bill that says you can pick your nose in public and the economy will magically turn around, even if the economic indicators say things are worse, no one will ever say so..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Jerz and don't forget they also lumped 3rd party voters in the category of bleeding heart tree hugging willy nilly pacificistic flip floppers tripping out on kumbaya because we disagreed with the war in Iraq. Oh I was also accused of being a commie pinko by someone not born here. hahahhaaa

Not my idea of respectful. One of these days arrogant loudmouths will go into the trash bin of history. For now they're just a bunch of psychiatric patients screaming on a soap box in times square to me. Not worthy of credibility to those who mean to be discerning.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM

399 posts, read 554,415 times
is thereanyone who thinks Mccain can still win this? lmao if so how?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
When Obama will win this race.
He has a 15 point lead over Mccain.

What are some of the feelings some of you will feel?
How do you think the economy and everything else will go in the next 4 years?
Depression for my feelings and Deep Depression for the economy.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
I assumed repubes are afraid of Obama, winning. Cuz they don't have any words. lol
Yes afraid would describe my feelings as well. A terrorist running the country doesn't sit too well with me and shouldn't sit too well with real Americans.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
I'm an Independent who voted for Mc Clain. I'm just a little bit afraid of Obama. However, should he win (and it sure looks like it), I will pray for him and his family, and hope that I was very wrong in who I voted for. I will be the first one to admit to that if it is so.

We really have to give him a chance to prove himself. Because of this election, I am much more knowledgeable about Washington, and I plan to keep an eye on things more than I ever did before. Can't let the liberals give away the store. LOL

Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
The next four years are not going to be fun..the economy is a mess. People will blame Obama because all the change he promised will not come to pass. I think his inexperience will be a hot topic and I am wondering who will be the President in 2012?
Probably someone from another country.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,680,991 times
I feel bad, I'm a republican but hey, this is what happens to both parties.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I mean great. You're all quite gracious (now). And you're not going to spew hate about Obama (now). And you're not going to spread lies about Obama (now). Faboo! But kindly don't do us all the disservice of pretending there has been any degree of "class" from the right, certainly not more than from the left. Thanks so very much.
You're taking comments from a few and applying them to the whole.

That's fairly typical for the left, but it's still not an accurate representation.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times
I was disappointed, but what can i do, let's all wish good luck to our new president and hope for the best for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections