Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"get on board, get out of the way, or end up road kill". . Thanks for clarifying your aggenda for me. . And you call ME a wingnut. OK, so you thinks you and your ilk are going to just sweep aside dissent and disagreement for the Chosen Ones plans. Whatever. Think again if you think that the ones who think as you do are really a solid majority. Your giving yourselves far to much credit. Your post is more of a radical rant than something to be taken seriously. such views would be worthy of pity if you didn't take them so seriously and want to crush dissenting views at the point of a gun. Hmmm...were you one of the pathetic "protesters" carrying pictures of Mao Tse Tung during the 60's?....Oh , you remember Mao...lol "Power speaks through the barrel of a gun" I believe was one of his tenates. As you say , "Get on board or end up road kill" right? So who , exactly is the "radical" here?
"Crush deissenting views at the point of a gun"? Gee - who's super sensitive and radicalized. I don't even own a gun..never have..You're not an aging Charlton Heston fan by any chance, are you???

"Mao Tse Tung"??? - hmmm - quite the radical rant, DUDE!!!

"The Chosen One"??? - hmmmm - you just showed your true colors DUDE - and Obama hater from day one!!!

And YES - you are in the solid minority of Obama Haters and Obstructionists....

Actually - road kill is way too good for them!!

How's that DUDE????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"get on board, get out of the way, or end up road kill". . Thanks for clarifying your aggenda for me. . And you call ME a wingnut. OK, so you thinks you and your ilk are going to just sweep aside dissent and disagreement for the Chosen Ones plans. Whatever. Think again if you think that the ones who think as you do are really a solid majority. Your giving yourselves far to much credit. Your post is more of a radical rant than something to be taken seriously. such views would be worthy of pity if you didn't take them so seriously and want to crush dissenting views at the point of a gun. Hmmm...were you one of the pathetic "protesters" carrying pictures of Mao Tse Tung during the 60's?....Oh , you remember Mao...lol "Power speaks through the barrel of a gun" I believe was one of his tenates. As you say , "Get on board or end up road kill" right? So who , exactly is the "radical" here?
My, my my.... I think someone's glue is coming undone!!!

You know, nothing in this world is more hilarious than righteous indiginity!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

Here's to ROAD KILL!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Would you have preferred for all of GM to declare bankruptcy and to be dissolved?? Would that have cost jobs??? Yes - far many more than by selling or closing Saturn...
If GM would have declared bankrupcy, that would not have been dissolved. They still have a number of profitable divisions, such as EMD, and plants that have military contracts. Their Asian division is also doing quite well.

However, that is off-topic and it is an endless merry-go-round that always gets the same rhetoric..

Quote:
The nation does NOT share your opinion..
And fortuneatly, the nation does NOT share your neo-Liberal, 'ask no questions' attitude. I for one am thankful that our president is so far above and beyond the Democrats that infest this forum.

Quote:
The vast majority of us want Obama to succeed - because if he doesn't, our country will be in the most serious economic situation in any of our lifetime's...
It would seem that we are already in the most serious economic situation in any of our lifetimes already...

Quote:
Your opinions don't really count - you are too extreme - and are too pessimistic - too defeatist - and way too unpatriotic in hoping that Obama fails... And you are far too few in number to have any political impact of consequence (thank God).
So no one's opinion but your own matters? And everyone else is wrong? There is a word for that, it is called bigotry. And once again, I am thankful that folks such as yourself are too few in numbers to have any impact. I wish I could have such blind faith in a president who has yet to make any difficult decisions.

Presidencies are always defined by the biggest event/scandal/policy screw up. For Carter, it was stagflation and the hostage crisis, for Reagan, it was the Iran-Contra Affair, for Bush Sr. it was the Gulf War, etc. These events take the spotlight away from most anything else these presidents did. Obama's 'defining moment' certainly has not come. However, when it does, we will see how 'good' of a president he is. Any president can talk the talk, and spend as much money as they want. Handling crisis is where presidents sink or swim.

Quote:
The country is moving on without you... and will succeed in spite of you...
I really do wish I could share your blind faith, however, I cannot bring myself to do it.

Quote:
I know most of you are upset because McCain lost, but you just have to suck-it-up and deal with it - you lost...
Upset in the same way the Democrats were when Gore lost? That's funny, because I don't see McCain taking anything to the courts...

Quote:
Get on board, or get out of the way, or end up road-kill.
Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin all preached the same thing, except instead of road kill you ended up in the gas chambers..

Seriously though, this forum is sickening. Everyone is either neo-Democrat or neo-Republican with no middle ground because the radicals (such as the OP) have scared them all away. Nice job. Because of that notion, this forum has developed a 'one way or the other' attitude that removes common sense from the equation.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

It would seem that we are already in the most serious economic situation in any of our lifetimes already...
It can get much much worse if people completely lose faith and stop spending - it's called a deflationary spiral - and would make today's economy look like heaven by comparison..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franie117
So no one's opinion but your own matters? And everyone else is wrong? There is a word for that, it is called bigotry. And once again, I am thankful that folks such as yourself are too few in numbers to have any impact. I wish I could have such blind faith in a president who has yet to make any difficult decisions.
THat's not what he said - quit spinning for dramatic effect - it only impresses the ignorant or stupid...

Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
It can get much much worse if people completely lose faith and stop spending - it's called a deflationary spiral - and would make today's economy look like heaven by comparison..
Yes, it will be the late 70s all over again.. That is why we need our president to stop preaching to us doomsday scenarios, and instead stop talking about the economy. The more we talk about it, the worse it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
THat's not what he said - quit spinning for dramatic effect - it only impresses the ignorant or stupid...
Really? I think he made it quite clear what he wanted to say:

Quote:
Your opinions don't really count
No spinning necessary. The fact that you think this is some sort of 'contest' or some kind of teen drama is sickening.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
"Crush deissenting views at the point of a gun"? Gee - who's super sensitive and radicalized. I don't even own a gun..never have..You're not an aging Charlton Heston fan by any chance, are you???

"Mao Tse Tung"??? - hmmm - quite the radical rant, DUDE!!!

"The Chosen One"??? - hmmmm - you just showed your true colors DUDE - and Obama hater from day one!!!

And YES - you are in the solid minority of Obama Haters and Obstructionists....

Actually - road kill is way too good for them!!

How's that DUDE????
LMAO,you and another poster says MY glue is coming undone? By the way, where I come from "dude" is a word used to decribe someone who comes out from the city and can't ride, can't shoot and can't use a rope. So "dude" fits you better than me by your own admission. OH MY! Your buttons get pushed pretty easy don't they? Did I hit a nerve? Hope so.... Remember who it was that says that me and folks like me are going to end up "road kill" and who it was that resorted to ranting & name calling before you label me a radical. I don't like Obama, nor did I like McCain. Thus I voted for neither. This makes your little verbal display a bit uninformed and quite bigoted. This entire thread is a blatant troll actually as you never had any intention of rational discussion and rather, right out of the gate, went on the attack. I have never wished you or any other Obama supporter any physical harm yet you do not show me, or anyone who disagrees with you the same courtesy. When confronted with a comparison you don't like you stray into wishing harm upon those who's views you disagree with. Your propensity to violence is in stark contrast to your protestations to the contrary and stands as testament to your true beliefs. I find a likening to Mao to be quite suitable and accurate.. If this is the type of "rational" discussion and "constructive" debate we can expect from Mr. Obamas loyal supporters we are in deep do do indeed. Show me a REAL reason why I should trust Obama, show me the "hope" and explain to my poor uneducated self how he is going to make things so much better why don't you. As it stands I see more sense in the south end of my northbound horse than anything you have shown me here.. By the way "dude", your intellect is not nearly so sharp as your tounge, thus the latter would best be left in the scabbard till you learn to use it properly and the former, perhaps, returned to the maker for a proper honing before attempting to use it.

Last edited by NVplumber; 02-21-2009 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-21-2009, 02:06 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,147,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Actually, the most pessimistic, defeatist speeches recently have been delivered by Obama.
Unfortunately this is true. It was part of his trying to rush the stimulus bill through. Even President Clinton had to tell him to show a little "hope".

Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM

LMAO, to all my fellow dissenters on the Obama plan for America, the OP of this thread is a blatant troll who would not know and intelligent and rational debate if he squatted in the brush to defacate and it bit him square on his posterior. There is another thread a bit further up that is identical with exactly the same tones of hatred and bigotry and was started by the same person. I would be totally willing to engage in a REAL discussion as to why , exactly, we should be so willing to accept Obama as the savior of this nation. If any real reason actually exists for us to do so. So sorry if I cannot accept rants and name calling as a valid argument.. Truthfully, I believe that individuals such as the OP are in a solid MINORITY even among supporters of Mr. Obama and the folks who actually looked at the issues and cast their votes on that basis probably find such as he to be quite embarassing indeed. If things pan out to where Mr. Obama's plans and actions actually work and things DO turn around (and I find that possibility unlikely given the state of things) well ,I shall change my point of view. I , personally thin that Obama is a misguided dreamer who's ego has been hyperinflated by all the premature praise heaped upon him and has yet to come up with anything of real substance that will turn this nation around and get us walking tall again. What HAS he done thus far other than print worthless money and throw it at the problem? That did not work for Carter and it won't work any better for Obama. Lets get real shall we. Give me ONE good reason why I should support the guy other than one individuals mindless rants on a discussion forum. And I use the word "discussion VERY loosely.......................

Old 02-21-2009, 02:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,309 times
If we go away.............will he???

Old 02-21-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
If we go away.............will he???
Lol...we can only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections