Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 03:52 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,370,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Do you have your little-eyes and little-mind closed???

Would you have preferred for all of GM to declare bankruptcy and to be dissolved?? Would that have cost jobs??? Yes - far many more than by selling or closing Saturn...

But I guess the illogic of your position doesn't matter - it's all about being against Obama - right?

GM didn't file bankruptcy and they STILL are laying off so what's your point? No, it's not all about Obama...it's about the mess this country is in and the poor leadership we have had and that we currently have!! Get your little mind out of the sand.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 02-21-2009 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 04:01 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,363,509 times
Quote:
I completely disagree - he's simply levelling with us and telling the truth - instead of lying to us like Dubya did for 8 long insufferable years... and then leaving the country in the worst shape it's been in since the height of the Great Depression - and leaving the mess for someone else to clean up ( as he has done throughout his life)...

Guess you take all the talking points from Hannity and Limbaugh as the Gospel truth?
My statement was a simple fact. I don't need to "take talking points" from anyone from either party. I won't waste anymore time trying to penetrate your ideology with reality, so you can continue your rant.

I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,363,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Not accustomed to hearing the truth from a President? Been a long time, huh.
So which "truth" did you buy into, the fake "audacious hope" & hypocritical optimism during his campaign, or the straw man pessimism he is peddling now to make himself appear as the Messiah later?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,515,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
So which "truth" did you buy into, the fake "audacious hope" & hypocritical optimism during his campaign, or the straw man pessimism he is peddling now to make himself appear as the Messiah later?
I would not expect to much actual logical rationalization in response GLS. These types who start threads like this have no concrete response to a challenge of their ideaology other than emotional rhetoric and absolutisms. If the "debate" requires actual use of knowledge and experience in the world to get a point across the wind goes out of their sails. They profess logic and reason as their basis , yet deflect endlessly when confronted with the same, utilizing insulting rhetoric and emotionally based claims of "rightness" as their rationale'. It is truly sad if this is the future of our country.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,572,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I would not expect to much actual logical rationalization in response GLS. These types who start threads like this have no concrete response to a challenge of their ideaology other than emotional rhetoric and absolutisms. If the "debate" requires actual use of knowledge and experience in the world to get a point across the wind goes out of their sails. They profess logic and reason as their basis , yet deflect endlessly when confronted with the same, utilizing insulting rhetoric and emotionally based claims of "rightness" as their rationale'. It is truly sad if this is the future of our country.
My type have posted countless fact-filled and logical responses to the rantings of the Obama Bashers on this forum over the past 6 months to absolutely no avail...

Your side has no logical leg to stand on - you just regurgitate Sean Hannity talking points...

I could care less if you respond or don't to this thread - I'm putting it out there to raise awareness that Obama and the nation will succeed in spite of those who despise him and want him to fail (like Limbaugh and his Ditto Heads)..

Debating the Obama Bashers is like spitting into the wind.

So do me a favor and post to a different thread...

Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 PM

362 posts, read 772,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[/b]

It is the truth to YOU, not everyone. Because people disagree does not mean they are all of the things you stated. IMO Obama followers are nothing but sheep with their little eyes and minds closed!
well, that may be so, but those who re-elected Bush are of the same cloth as those who can't think without Limbaugh or Hannity dictating what to say.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
well, that may be so, but those who re-elected Bush are of the same cloth as those who can't think without Limbaugh or Hannity dictating what to say.
Precisely - the Ditto Heads and those who have been Hannitized are brain-dead minions who do as their master dictates, think as their master dictates...

They have been brainwashed to hate liberals, hate Democrats, and most especially to hate Obama...

Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO,you and another poster says MY glue is coming undone? By the way, where I come from "dude" is a word used to decribe someone who comes out from the city and can't ride, can't shoot and can't use a rope. So "dude" fits you better than me by your own admission. OH MY! Your buttons get pushed pretty easy don't they? Did I hit a nerve? Hope so.... Remember who it was that says that me and folks like me are going to end up "road kill" and who it was that resorted to ranting & name calling before you label me a radical. I don't like Obama, nor did I like McCain. Thus I voted for neither. This makes your little verbal display a bit uninformed and quite bigoted. This entire thread is a blatant troll actually as you never had any intention of rational discussion and rather, right out of the gate, went on the attack. I have never wished you or any other Obama supporter any physical harm yet you do not show me, or anyone who disagrees with you the same courtesy. When confronted with a comparison you don't like you stray into wishing harm upon those who's views you disagree with. Your propensity to violence is in stark contrast to your protestations to the contrary and stands as testament to your true beliefs. I find a likening to Mao to be quite suitable and accurate.. If this is the type of "rational" discussion and "constructive" debate we can expect from Mr. Obamas loyal supporters we are in deep do do indeed. Show me a REAL reason why I should trust Obama, show me the "hope" and explain to my poor uneducated self how he is going to make things so much better why don't you. As it stands I see more sense in the south end of my northbound horse than anything you have shown me here.. By the way "dude", your intellect is not nearly so sharp as your tounge, thus the latter would best be left in the scabbard till you learn to use it properly and the former, perhaps, returned to the maker for a proper honing before attempting to use it.
Listen up DUDE!!!

You are on far more of a radical rant that anything I've read on this forum for a while...

Someone who disagrees with you is automatically a communist...

I was talking about political road-kill - not literally - but you jump into hyperspace and spin things into Fantasyland..

I really think you should calm down before you burst a blood vessel...

I will give you a real reason why you should trust Obama - because he is our President at this pivotal point in time, and without our 'trust', he stands a good chance of failing, with horrible consequences for our entire nation... and he's only been in office 30 days, and the problems he inherited from Bush will take years to turn around... so things getting worse before they get better are totally predictable.

If you throw this one back at me, I'll know having any logical debate with you is an absolute waste of energy...

Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 PM

362 posts, read 772,275 times
Quote:
Precisely - the Ditto Heads and those who have been Hannitized are brain-dead minions who do as their master dictates, think as their master dictates...

They have been brainwashed to hate liberals, hate Democrats, and most especially to hate Obama...
Yeah I know Hannity hates Obama with a passion. but to be real though, I don't mind listening to them, becuase it only fuels my vote towards liberal candidates.
Conservatives, I can only take so much of their same damn complaints over and over and over again. Just listen to Buchanan and his anti-immigration rant. He practically goes overboard to the point of spewing racist epithets. I swear every time I hear he, he'll start off fine, but then he always seems to segue into anti-immigration, and he raises his voice to an O'Reilly level, where he's practically screaming above the other guests on whatever show he's on.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
Yeah I know Hannity hates Obama with a passion. but to be real though, I don't mind listening to them, becuase it only fuels my vote towards liberal candidates.
Conservatives, I can only take so much of their same damn complaints over and over and over again. Just listen to Buchanan and his anti-immigration rant. He practically goes overboard to the point of spewing racist epithets. I swear every time I hear he, he'll start off fine, but then he always seems to segue into anti-immigration, and he raises his voice to an O'Reilly level, where he's practically screaming above the other guests on whatever show he's on.
I listen to Hannity occassionally - I like to keep track of the mud that he is slinging - and it is funny to then see his talking points - verbatim - used by many on this forum within a day or two!!!

I can't tolerate Rush any longer - so rarely listen - he is just too full of himself to stomach more than a few minutes of...

One thing we both can be thankful for - Buchanan doesn't have his own tv or radio show!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections