U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,869,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I think Obama will just be talking to the Black America in the next 4 years.
Race should never be talked about, it is divisive.
I don't care about the color of people's skin at all. Neither did Colin Powell.
Let me try it again.. LOSER, LOSER, LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 PM

343 posts, read 844,646 times
Nope it was an awesome speech. I think you are in the little minority or just maybe you that thinks this way. Sorry.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,561,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Well, as a "white" gal from SC and about as pure a "white" gal as you can get around here (genetically), I thought his speech was awesome! No other word to describe it!

I did notice he made some references to black oppression, how could he not? It is in and of itself a HUGE deal. While I did not vote for him because of the color of his skin, it has to be absolutely surreal to the older generations of african-americans that lived through the travesty of the 50s, 60s, and even 70s.

I think it would have been disrespectful to not have mentioned how far this country has come regarding race. Whether we like it or not, the color of his skin is a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
As another completely and totally white gal, I could not have said it any better!!
Another white girl for Obama, that thought the speech couldn't have been better.

Good for black people! And let him reference this in his speech! It is noteworthy, historical, inspiring. The fact that he talks about race is hopefully going to get us somewhere. And so what if he's biracial! We are all immigrants to this country and now are so mixed up we all have 13 different ethnicity we can claim. For many blacks, it's black or white. He is really a bridge between the two and I for one am so happy he's won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I think Obama will just be talking to the Black America in the next 4 years.
Race should never be talked about, it is divisive.
I don't care about the color of people's skin at all. Neither did Colin Powell.
I completely disagree with you. Race should be talked about. It's when it's not talked about that it is dangerous.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 PM

307 posts, read 627,605 times
I found that part of the speech very moving and I am a very white girl as well! It was only one part of his speech and very appropriate considering how historic this election is. Can you even appreciate that at all or do you just have to waste your time tearing him down? It's pretty sad actually that you feel this way but I am elated tonight!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 PM

30,827 posts, read 31,662,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I'm glad it was just not me. The inspring talk only referenced black American I suppose as being a black man himself it makes sense, but hello, 77% of America is still white?!? It sounded like he was giving a pep talk to the NAACP. Very strange indeed.
What the hell is wrong with you? He spoke of all races in America. time to give up the bitterness and join in the coming changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or