U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,946,412 times

Advertisements

I have served before, as an enlisted Navy corpsman. I have been an RN for 17 years. I will give it thought, again, after I get over this election depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Go for the commision. You will never regret serving. Always remember you will serve America, not a president and it is a life well spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 PM

I cried so much last night regarding the election results, my dogs were worried. Hugs to you..and yes, "And this too shall pass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
They are at the top of my list of what's important. Hey, I just read your new status. My mama used to say that all the time when things happened to make me sad. Now I'm really letting the tears fall. Wow, I miss her so much.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM

and if and when this happens, I will have to leave my beloved Texas and go to Wyoming or somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
That map says it all. Obama had the support of the Texan Hispanic vote in the valley, border all the way to San Antonio. Just wait another 5-10 years, it'll be a blue state.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,711,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
I have served before, as an enlisted Navy corpsman. I have been an RN for 17 years. I will give it thought, again, after I get over this election depression.
Thank you for your service. I admire the option you have to go back in again.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:56 PM

5,396 posts, read 7,057,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I don't think it will be that long. In fact I predict that in the next presidential election, Texas goes blue.
I did my part to make it close.

I agree that there are a lot of transplants coming in with the relatively healthy Texas economy that are shaking up the traditional "redneck" voting bloc.
(And by the way I live around a lot of rednecks and aside from politics I find most to be pretty pleasant to get along with.)

Old 11-05-2008, 05:56 PM

14,404 posts, read 26,167,720 times
So I guess a country with Obama as president isn't worth fighting for? I guess we're partisans first and patriots second. And I guess "Country First" was just a campaign slogan. Oh well.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Whatever!
And what's wrong with living in the past? As far as I am concerned, I was born 100 years too late! I wish I were living in the old wild wild west days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Unfortunately TX is still full of red-neck, low-information type voters. Sadly, some of them are still living in the past.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:03 PM

Ok so your hubby is deployed in the sandbox with a bunch of other soldiers and that is what he reports.
I work on the largest military installation in the world, and work with a bunch of soldiers and I report the same.
But today on the local news, there is the "propaganda" already starting "Stay tuned-Our soldiers serving in Iraq are excited about the outcome of the Presidential Election"....BULL CRAP.
And most of our soldiers and military members have enough respect for their leaders, and are able to maintain military bearing and a modum of decorum and not "bad mouth" our Commander in Chief in public, on TV ANYWAY! So OF COURSE the news is not going to get the REAL story about how MOST of our soldiers feel about this!!!
ARGH!
Yeah...so tell your husband that's what I heard on the news today-they are NOT reporting that our active duty are upset with the outcome, but the total opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
My husband in Afghanistan said this in his email to me today:
"The mood here is very somber. It is almost like we've lost a troop in combat."

Old 11-05-2008, 06:03 PM

14,404 posts, read 26,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
And what's wrong with living in the past?
Everything. It's 2008. "Living in the past" is delusional.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 PM

Our country is worth fighting for. I am just having difficulty with swallowing the reality of this election outcome. Right now I am too upset, so my emotions are playing right now, and that is why I said that I wouldnt want to go active duty because I would have issues with him being our CiC. Once the election depression settles, and this too shall pass, I will be able to re-evaluate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So I guess a country with Obama as president isn't worth fighting for? I guess we're partisans first and patriots second. And I guess "Country First" was just a campaign slogan. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or