U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC NoVA
1,105 posts, read 1,942,159 times
Reputation: 775

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
As a previous poster mentioned here years ago, where have you been pre 2008, this started way before Obama ran for office


Okay, seriously. How can you still support Obama after this......
i'm pretty sure i was here pre 2008, or else i'd be about 3 years old and unable to write this.

what started 'way before' obama ran for office? the federal deficit was SHRINKING until 2007. 2007 is when democrats, who appropriate the budget, took control of congress. the federal deficit was literally SHRINKING UNTIL DEMOCRATS TOOK CONTROL OF CONGRESS. as for the economy, we officially entered recession in 2007, after democrats took control of congress.

the day before dems took control of congress, at the time, the dow jones closed at about 12,622. the unemployment rate was 4.6%. republican control set a record of 52 months of job growth. Big Media Distorts Bush Economic Record - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)

and the little freddie mac and fannie mae reform, blocked by democrats. what else do you want to lay the blame on bush for, when in fact, almost all of it can be traced back to democrats?

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 06-28-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,629,681 times
Reputation: 6278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I don't know, but I got two new rep points as a result. It's interesting to go back and look at how blind everyone was. So sad...
How blind? Why, are you suddenly struggling? Did you have to give up your Memorial sized house and your three car garage for a trailer by Lackland?

Since Obama took office, the following has happened to us:

-Our retirement accounts have grown tremendously
-We upgraded from a run of the mill house in north Sugar Land to a beautiful house in Meyerland
-Both of us have moved up in our careers
-We drive nicer cars and our children's college funds are pretty solid.

How could we have been so blind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 12,992,350 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
How blind? Why, are you suddenly struggling? Did you have to give up your Memorial sized house and your three car garage for a trailer by Lackland?

Since Obama took office, the following has happened to us:

-Our retirement accounts have grown tremendously
-We upgraded from a run of the mill house in north Sugar Land to a beautiful house in Meyerland
-Both of us have moved up in our careers
-We drive nicer cars and our children's college funds are pretty solid.

How could we have been so blind?

then you are one of the few. I am also doing good, but I am doing good since I bought 2100 ounces of gold at $247 in 2000. makes my worth alot better now that it is close to $1500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC NoVA
1,105 posts, read 1,942,159 times
Reputation: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
How blind? Why, are you suddenly struggling? Did you have to give up your Memorial sized house and your three car garage for a trailer by Lackland?

Since Obama took office, the following has happened to us:

-Our retirement accounts have grown tremendously
-We upgraded from a run of the mill house in north Sugar Land to a beautiful house in Meyerland
-Both of us have moved up in our careers
-We drive nicer cars and our children's college funds are pretty solid.

How could we have been so blind?
congratulations, you're doing well in houston, TEXAS. not surprising. after all, it is texas.

as for your careers, not everybody lost their job, bud. and people are still moving up in their careers. that has nothing to do with obama doing a good job because he's done an absolutely horrendous job and the economy has gotten not better, but worse. our deficit is a hell of lot higher, the dude spends like we've never seen before, he laughs off the fact that he spent almost a trillion dollars on a stimulus that completely failed. obama is the definition of a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,629,681 times
Reputation: 6278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
congratulations, you're doing well in houston, TEXAS. not surprising. after all, it is texas.

as for your careers, not everybody lost their job, bud. and people are still moving up in their careers. that has nothing to do with obama doing a good job because he's done an absolutely horrendous job and the economy has gotten not better, but worse. our deficit is a hell of lot higher, the dude spends like we've never seen before, he laughs off the fact that he spent almost a trillion dollars on a stimulus that completely failed. obama is the definition of a joke.
Can you prove the stimulus failed? Because it's just as easy to argue that had he done nothing, we'd be in a true depression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC NoVA
1,105 posts, read 1,942,159 times
Reputation: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can you prove the stimulus failed? Because it's just as easy to argue that had he done nothing, we'd be in a true depression.
obama himself, his aide, and his vp admitted the stimulus was a failure. you want proof, take it from the administration's public admission. and they all literally LAUGHED during his speech at his little "funny remark" that his near trillion dollar "fix" didn't work. he is a joke.

Christina Romer admits stimulus failed

VP Biden Admits Obama Stimulus Plan a Failure on Meet the Press … “”everyone guessed wrong” on the impact of the stimulus” … Not Everyone Joe | Scared Monkeys

The Failure of Obama's Stimulus - Reason Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top