U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 AM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Dems sketch Obama staff, Cabinet - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Most of his staff will be Washington insiders. I don't see any controversial name here. Some Clinton's former staff are on the hire list. Republicans are being considered for some positions too. Arnold Schwarzenegger could be his Secretary of Energy.

Having the right people working for you is very important. It seems Obama will be aided by an experienced staff. What do you think of his staff choices?
Wait a minute I read on this very forum that his cabinet will consist
of Aires, Wright, Farrakhan, and Bin Ladin if they can dig him out of his cave.
You mean alll that stuff I read on CD forum isn't true????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:13 AM

3,884 posts, read 8,947,028 times
Hilary is running again for Prez after Obama's 8 years are over, she wasn't interested in a seat on his staff. She did an interview on this. She isn't the kind of girl that needs a hand out, she has her own accomplishments and plans for the future. She wants bigger things for herself.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 AM

4,064 posts, read 7,735,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Really?
I like bi-partisanship, but somehow that seems a bit odd.

I'm hoping there's a spot for Hilary also - or that he offers her a position, regardless of whether she takes it or not.
I think having Schwarzenegger on his staff will serve him well. Schwarzenegger is a well-respected republican -- one of the few that are popular with young and old voters. What remember about him in particular is he did what few politicians ever do -- admitting he was wrong an apologized to the voters. He would be a huge asset to Obama.

As the for the Clintons' possible involvement, some of their former staff will work for Obama. That we know. Also, I could see a minor role for their daughter Chelsea Clinton.

Last edited by davidt1; 11-05-2008 at 08:01 AM..

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 AM

2,116 posts, read 2,898,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hillary has her eyes on being a supreme court justice. If Obama was smart he'd make Rudy Guiliani attorney general, but I don't think Obama has any more brains than Clinton or Bush so expect another loser as AG.
I would hope Obama looks outside DC for his cabinet and staff, but I think he'll be led into making some bad choices and go with yes men and yes women, party liners.
I remember watching an interview of Hillay Clinton on CNN a few weeks back (or perhaps reading it on newsweek?), when she was asked pointedly if she would accept a supreme court justice nomination from Obama. She said "absolutely not" and would prefer to stay as a senator. I think her plan is to become a pain in the butt for Obama from her senate seat, which I think is not a bad idea.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 AM

1,263 posts, read 3,727,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Dems sketch Obama staff, Cabinet - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Most of his staff will be Washington insiders. I don't see any controversial name here. Some Clinton's former staff are on the hire list. Republicans are being considered for some positions too. Arnold Schwarzenegger could be his Secretary of Energy.

Having the right people working for you is very important. It seems Obama will be aided by an experienced staff. What do you think of his staff choices?
So much for CHANGE, huh?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 AM

2,522 posts, read 3,916,947 times
Yeah, Chelsea is getting another degree in Public Health, she's in a program with my friend's niece at Columbia.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 AM

16,327 posts, read 20,660,467 times
I really want Mr. T as Washington Press Secretary. That would be a million kinds of awesome.

"Lissen up, suckas! Y'all sit down and raise your hands. I pity the po' fool who speaks outta turn!"

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM

2,042 posts, read 3,618,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hillary has her eyes on being a supreme court justice. If Obama was smart he'd make Rudy Guiliani attorney general, but I don't think Obama has any more brains than Clinton or Bush so expect another loser as AG.
I would hope Obama looks outside DC for his cabinet and staff, but I think he'll be led into making some bad choices and go with yes men and yes women, party liners.
Rudy would make a horrible AG

Next choice?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 AM

11 posts, read 11,129 times
Will Nobama pick only black people for his staff ?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,688,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Wheres Hillary Clinton's name?
Hillary should be Senate Majority Leader. Get rid of Harry Reid. And Dennis Kucinich for Speaker of the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or