U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:17 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,736,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with being rich. I guess when people are angry, they take everything as a negative attack.
It's hard to think of the Obama campaign trying to use McCain's homes against him as anything but negative. You can't say that didn't happen. I didn't see the dems complaining about Kerry's wealth when he was running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,461,009 times

Semantics. Misinterpretation. It happens. So, now can we simply resume the responses to the OP's sincere thread?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:20 AM

117 posts, read 150,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He ran a nasty campaign.

Big deal, he served his country. He's been living on that brouhaha for over 40 years.
You might want to read about his statements and videos he made for the enemy.

A lot of people served their country; a lot still do.
He's voted against them time and again.
Democrats don't need to run nasty campaigns, they got the media to do that FOR them.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:26 AM

630 posts, read 1,028,841 times
Even in defeet he had nothing but great things to say about his opponent, and respectfully so. It shows miles about his characture. Obama's exceptance speach lacked the respect and didn't even compare to what Mccain had to say. It really reflects what lack of values American people have anymore that the average radar does not register this.

I hope all you who voted for Obama can fully experience what you voted for in office. In fact I hope the consequences completely consume all who voted for him and spare the ones who knew better.

All in all, may God bless our new president and we can only hope he makes wise descisions.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 AM

117 posts, read 150,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
Even in defeet he had nothing but great things to say about his opponent, and respectfully so. It shows miles about his characture. Obama's exceptance speach lacked the respect and didn't even compare to what Mccain had to say. It really reflects what lack of values American people have anymore.

I hope all you who voted for Obama can fully experience what you voted for in office. In fact I hope the consequences completely consume all who voted for him and spare the ones who knew better.

All in all, may God bless our new president and we can only hope he makes wise descisions.
Before you get comments abt McCain's negative ads people need to realize that McCain attacked his POLICIES and PLANS, not Obama himself. Sure, he said he was inexperienced, but he never commented on his intelligence, his race, his gender, his clothing, his religion, etc.

He DID comment on the people he chooses to surround himself by, but usually the crowd you hang out with often gives an example of how you are. It's basic sociology. You can't blame people for raising questions.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 AM

14,269 posts, read 15,846,593 times
Quote:
Even in defeet he had nothing but great things to say about his opponent, and respectfully so. It shows miles about his characture. Obama's exceptance speach lacked the respect and didn't even compare to what Mccain had to say. It really reflects what lack of values American people have anymore.

Perhaps the speech wasn't broadcast in the language you speak. One of the first things Obama said was how much he respected John McCain and the crowed cheered. He even surprised me when he mentioned Palin (who had attacked his character, said he didn't love America, etc.) and said he would be looking to both of them for support in the coming years to heal the country.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:39 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,315,022 times
Quote:
Even in defeet he had nothing but great things to say about his opponent, and respectfully so. It shows miles about his characture. Obama's exceptance speach lacked the respect and didn't even compare to what Mccain had to say. It really reflects what lack of values American people have anymore that the average radar does not register this.

I don't think you heard Obama's speech.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 AM

630 posts, read 1,028,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Perhaps the speech wasn't broadcast in the language you speak. One of the first things Obama said was how much he respected John McCain and the crowed cheered. He even surprised me when he mentioned Palin (who had attacked his character, said he didn't love America, etc.) and said he would be looking to both of them for support in the coming years to heal the country.
the difference in the the gratitude of both candidates in both speeches ( you obviously did not watch both) were paramount

as far as both candidates attacking each other nancy, put your big girl pantys on and understand a word called mudslinging that has been apart of amercian elections since the beginning.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:44 AM

703 posts, read 767,068 times
I think that underneath it all, he has always been a fairly decent guy.

I've ripped on some of his dalliances and foibles in the Navy, but, being ex military myself, I know how things are.

My biggest regret is that he let the rabid right saddle him.

What a HUGE mistake.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,854,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
I don't think you heard Obama's speech.
I didn't wait for Obama's speech. I turned off the TV because I didn't want to hear any of his BS anymore. I want action.

I want action from him as a senator for the rest of the year. I can only listen to enough BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or