Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
However you can jump on board and help work to build a better America.
So on top of my 15 hour days, you want me to work more to help make a "better" america by raising my taxes, thereby increasing my work hours even more to compensate me for my risks..

And you think thats "better"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 AM

1,341 posts, read 6,186,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So on top of my 15 hour days, you want me to work more to help make a "better" america by raising my taxes, thereby increasing my work hours even more to compensate me for my risks..
Maybe I'm a skeptic, but perhaps you can explain to me how you manage to put in 15 hour work days and still manage to average 22 forum posts DAILY.

Sean

Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,218 times
You don't even have to go there, it's right here folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sure you will see headlines. Just go to the Right Wing Blogs and pity party away if thats your thing. However you can jump on board and help work to build a better America.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 AM

Well, you see sean, there are people that are slow, there are people that are fast, then there are people that are halfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpecor View Post
Maybe I'm a skeptic, but perhaps you can explain to me how you manage to put in 15 hour work days and still manage to average 22 forum posts DAILY.

Sean

Old 11-05-2008, 08:27 AM

Yes, it'll make you appreciate America even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

And you think thats "better"?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:32 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
"Obama Buys Presidency"

"After abandoning his pledge to use public financing, President-Elect Obama raised a record $650 Million dollars - more then was spent by the Kerry & Bush campaigns COMBINED in 2004 - and bought the White House yesterday...."

Don't you think if McCain (or any GOP'er) had dumped his pledge to use public finanancing, raised gianormous amounts of cash, outspent his opponent 7 to 1 and won the election, this would be the lead story in the NY times Wednesday?

(Yeah, I know "Bitter - party of One", But had to get this one thing that irked me off my chest. Fire Away)
Seek help, your anger is irrational and hate is a destructive emotion, but only to its owner.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 AM

Heck, at least Obama bought and paid for it. It's not like he stole the darn thing, and I won't mention any names here. bush. OOoooooooooops. I'm sorry, I just had to let it slip out, just in case anyone forgot.
Quote:
"Obama Buys Presidency"

"After abandoning his pledge to use public financing, President-Elect Obama raised a record $650 Million dollars - more then was spent by the Kerry & Bush campaigns COMBINED in 2004 - and bought the White House yesterday...."

Don't you think if McCain (or any GOP'er) had dumped his pledge to use public finanancing, raised gianormous amounts of cash, outspent his opponent 7 to 1 and won the election, this would be the lead story in the NY times Wednesday?

(Yeah, I know "Bitter - party of One", But had to get this one thing that irked me off my chest. Fire Away)

Old 11-05-2008, 02:24 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Seek help, your anger is irrational and hate is a destructive emotion, but only to its owner.

Not as irrational as your blindness.

If you can't see past your partisan blinders to acknowledge that Obama set a very dangerous precedent for our democracy then you are the one who needs help.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,724 times
This thread is SO way off-topic now.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,065 times
Quote:
"Obama Buys Presidency"

My submission: "AMERICA YET TO REALIZE: NEW AXIS OF EVIL IS OBAMA - PELOSI - REID".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections